Confirmation of payment of missing hours???

EastBrown N Down

I'm getting with my steward tomorrow and getting it straightened out. Yeah I know what time is off by, but they say they made the corrections and when I ask to see the adjustments they say ok no problem, and them never show me.. I just wanted to see if there was a way to get it settled without calling them liars, or getting a steward involved.. I just made book this week and I don't want to look like I'm a trouble maker. I really am not, I just want to be paid correctly. it's sad that I have to get the union involved just to see my time corrections.

EastBrown N Down

IMHO, management stealing time is an all too common problem. So, I made myself a spreadsheet to keep track of my hours.

It's certainly a PITA. However, when I was hired, I noticed that, within my first month of employment, management tried to short my pay by ~$100.

Anytime there's a discrepancy, I print out a copy of my hours for the week and immediately report it to the person who keeps track of the hours. She corrects it on the spot and the fix appears in my next paycheck.

Full blown spreadsheet is the next step.. it's not easy working 25 plus at ups, 40plus as an electrician, coaching pop warner football, and being a father. I shouldn't have to beg or fight to be paid correctly. The whole start time/ report time is just a :censored2:ing scam to shave time off of people who don't notice at first, and then stop arguing the point when they feel it's not getting them anywhere. I am neither of those, I will be paid for ALL services rendered.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm getting with my steward tomorrow and getting it straightened out. Yeah I know what time is off by, but they say they made the corrections and when I ask to see the adjustments they say ok no problem, and them never show me.. I just wanted to see if there was a way to get it settled without calling them liars, or getting a steward involved.. I just made book this week and I don't want to look like I'm a trouble maker. I really am not, I just want to be paid correctly. it's sad that I have to get the union involved just to see my time corrections.
It's the way it is. You deserve to get paid for every minute worked. You are calculating your hours from start time to clock out time, right...not your report time? Your report time is meaningless...it just shows you weren't late.

Last edited:

HBGPreloader

Get your steward involved - now.
If you wait too long, you will lose your right to grieve and, potentially, your back pay.

fres431

I believe some where in the contract it stats that the employer has to provide sheets or print outs of hours works or something of that..the contract also stats that the employer is to provide dusk mask however I've never seen them do that either

OPTION3

I believe some where in the contract it stats that the employer has to provide sheets or print outs of hours works or something of that..the contract also stats that the employer is to provide dusk mask however I've never seen them do that either
The contract is only as strong as the people who hold their feet to the fire....File...File...File

fres431

Give management one shot to provide, then file. Try the high road first if high road don't work stick it to em till they cry

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is nothing in the contract requiring the employer to provide proof of hours worked.

The employer is required to provide proper safety equipment.

HBGPreloader

pay corrections have no time limit----for the company or the employee
It would seem that it that depends on the situation.

I don't have a contract in front of me. However, this is what I found online...
"The union shall present a grievance to a member of management designated by the employer in accordance with the time limits set forth in the contract. (Typically, non-monetary grievances have a 10-day time limit and monetary grievances have a 30-day time limit.)"

The DOL has rules too...
"Generally, a two-year statute of limitations applies to the recovery of back pay. In the case of willful violations, a three-year statute of limitations applies."
http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/wages/backpay.htm

rod

Retired 22 years
It was so simple "back when". If they shorted me and drug their feet making things right I would plop my :censored2: down and take an extra break to make up the difference. Ten or fifteen minutes a day until things were settled. It might involve a little :censored2: chewing in the morning if you streached it out too much but what the hell --they always found something to jump on you about anyway. P.S. I'm not saying to do this now.

EastBrown N Down

Just wanted to let everyone know what happened. The steward and I got with the center manager, he got me a print out of all my punches and my paystubs, he was upset that my sup (s) could not remember absolutely what times I was told to start for sure, and he told the ft sup to punch in daily time adjustments according to volume, and tell everyone they're start times by end of day.

I was short 5:45 over the past 5 weeks and will be added to my check this week. The down side is I feel like an :censored2: because the ft sup, (who has gone out of his way to help me out, even offering to lend me money when my check was lost.) Got blamed and now has to adjust times everyday, and tell everyone their start times, everyday..

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Just wanted to let everyone know what happened. The steward and I got with the center manager, he got me a print out of all my punches and my paystubs, he was upset that my sup (s) could not remember absolutely what times I was told to start for sure, and he told the ft sup to punch in daily time adjustments according to volume, and tell everyone they're start times by end of day.

I was short 5:45 over the past 5 weeks and will be added to my check this week. The down side is I feel like an :censored2: because the ft sup, (who has gone out of his way to help me out, even offering to lend me money when my check was lost.) Got blamed and now has to adjust times everyday, and tell everyone their start times, everyday..
Wah wah wah...FT sup was shorting all of you time worked...hence was not doing his job. I wouldn't fee bad in the least.....don't mess with my money!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
First, they should post your start times for the whole week. This "adjusting" start times daily is just asking for mistakes to happen. Secondly, maintain a professional relationship with your bosses. They are not your buddies and will make occasional mistakes. They will hold you accountable for your mistakes just as you should take them to task for their's.

EastBrown N Down

True enough both of you. I have no relationship with the ft sup really, I just appreciate the work he has put into training me, I think he's gone above and beyond.. the money lending was an empty gesture I'm sure, but he didn't have to make any gesture at all. He's a decent boss from what I've seen that's all. I just don't want or need retaliation for him being screwed with.. because of me. Not sure what the wah wah was about? Didn't see where I was whining about anything.. anyhow just thought I'd put a period on this sentence, good day to you all, and thanks again for all the advice.

One thing though, they did post the start times for the week, but then they would say "hey, your pull is looking heavy tomorrow, can u come in x early.." but then the start time on the clock is not adjusted, they say they fix it, never do, and hence this whole problem. The center manager and ft sup are trying this to see if it fixes the problem, as I'm not the only one chasing them to fix my check..