Confirmed first day of Orientation gone on application???

Tobias47

Ascendentem
I was suppose to start at ups this Monday and now when I go to my application on the website, it tells me I need to schedule my first day of work... Two days prior my original orientation date. Does this happen? Should I show up on the original date listed or what?

Nevermind. Called the hiring center, everything is good to go. Not that anyone here cares...lol
well it is the holiday hiring season and thankfully due to coronavirus many former UPS veteran employee's quit so there is opportunity for a lot of people to get hired now. I was offered a position at UPS last week but I rejected the permanent part time position because you only get 3 hours for 5 days for 15.50$. If a highschool graduate that would be a great starter but you really can't make a living off that. UPS is practically begging employees to apply that they even got there quit hire application on your website.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
well it is the holiday hiring season and thankfully due to coronavirus many former UPS veteran employee's quit so there is opportunity for a lot of people to get hired now. I was offered a position at UPS last week but I rejected the permanent part time position because you only get 3 hours for 5 days for 15.50$. If a highschool graduate that would be a great starter but you really can't make a living off that. UPS is practically begging employees to apply that they even got there quit hire application on your website.
We are not in the seasonal holiday hiring period. That starts the third full week of October.
We have a 3.5 hour guarantee, not a 3 hour guarantee.

It's a revolving door with part timers. It's not new, and will continue.
Employees looking to make a career out of UPS should really look into full time bids.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I was suppose to start at ups this Monday and now when I go to my application on the website, it tells me I need to schedule my first day of work... Two days prior my original orientation date. Does this happen? Should I show up on the original date listed or what?

You’re seasonal buddy…
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You’re seasonal buddy…
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
no they hired me as permanent too. Too many employee quit during coronavirus and found better jobs or some just retired. I didn't take there offer and they still kept on begging me. 5 yrs ago they didn't even call me back after promising me a position somewhere which I believe was in april or march. But now they are begging employees and hiring on the spot even fedex. Apparently amazon seems to be the only one winning over the employees.
15.00 $ was a good deal back when 8.50$ was minimum wage and way back when $6 was mininum wage, working at UPS was a great opportunity to get a high salary but at 12.50$ being minimum wage there is no reason to work yourself to death at UPS.
In the current market UPS is losing employees at a fast rate than it can hire. You have to keep in mind that many places like Mcdonalds, kfc and various other fast food places are hiring anyone to flip a burger off the streets for 12.50$ for partime and in some places fulltime. Walmart offer 15.50$ and you can just walk around inside the department just stocking a few items.

Last edited:
I heard McDonald’s is hiring
they are begging people to work but since it pays 12.50$ and offer mostly part time these type of jobs have a low rate of keeping employees that they resort to hiring high school graduates but compared to UPS working at Mcdonalds is lightwork plus mcdonalds will at least give an employee 30 hours not 20 hours or less of work.

TopsyKrets

$41.51
they are begging people to work but since it pays 12.50$ and offer mostly part time these type of jobs have a low rate of keeping employees that they resort to hiring high school graduates but compared to UPS working at Mcdonalds is lightwork plus mcdonalds will at least give an employee 30 hours not 20 hours of work.
Right.. and free hash browns I suppose. Not a bad gig.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I bet you’re a trip to hang out with

BeachBoy

The job isn't always easy, but if you do it, and do it well, it has potential. PT, but, after 5 years, I bring home $1100 a week. Not great money, but enough to live on. And today, I officially accrued my 2nd pension.
It's a job. I started at $11, am currently making $23.50 but make more money and work more hours on OT at $35.25 an hour.
Just like drivers, work your ass off, get overtime, make money.