Confused!

brownies

Are you :censored2: serious? You don't even know what your schedule is? How do you know when to report for work>? IS there not a piece of paper that tells you what days and AT WHAT TIME TO REPORT?
My schedule varies. Most weeks the “piece of paper” says Monday-on call scheduled Tuesday wed thur fri some weeks I’m on call m-friend some weeks I’m scheduled m-friend.

brownies

FFS

You sound like a M_F driver who gets laid off on M. You work Saturdays because you did not get 5 punches in. You've been there almost a year and this is how much information you have?
There’s just not a lot of help or information at my center so I was trying to go somewhere else to get he answers I’m looking for.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
It sounds like you’re a very low seniority full time driver that’s subject to layoffs when volume is low. If a lower seniority driver is not being forced to work Saturday and you are, that’s an easy grievance.

542thruNthru

If I am a Tuesday -Saturday worker why do I work Monday’s ? Does it mean I don’t have to go In Monday’s anymore lol? So what you mean to say is I am a Monday through Saturday worker. That never actually works Saturday’s , just gets scheduled for them only for the most senior driver to work them anyway.

You said you haven't worked Mondays in a while.

You have no seniority and will have to work it.

ManInBrown

If I am a Tuesday -Saturday worker why do I work Monday’s ? Does it mean I don’t have to go In Monday’s anymore lol? So what you mean to say is I am a Monday through Saturday worker. That never actually works Saturday’s , just gets scheduled for them only for the most senior driver to work them anyway.
Its very simple. Refuse to come in on Monday. Nope, not doing it. End of story

brownies

Its very simple. Refuse to come in on Monday. Nope, not doing it. End of story
We don’t even have Tuesday-Saturday drivers at my center. i would think. The only Saturday work is like 8 pieces of next day air per driver it’s almost silly to work. I think a lot of people are missing the point of this. I’m not complaining about working them because I never do. It’s the same story every week. I get scheduled and the guy who currently holds the top seniority spot in our center said he will work them. Basically why not just put him on the schedule if he wants to work them? I would assume it goes from the top down. If I’m holding the top seniority spot in my center you mean to tell me I wouldn’t be able to get myself scheduled for Saturday’s only if the lower guys give it up for me to take ?

Last edited:

ManInBrown

We don’t even have Tuesday-Saturday drivers at my center. i would think. The only Saturday work is like 8 pieces of next day air per driver it’s almost silly to work. I think a lot of people are missing the point of this. I’m not complaining about working them because I never do. It’s the same story every week. I get scheduled and the guy who currently holds the top seniority spot in our center said he will work them. Basically why not just put him on the schedule if he wants to work them? I would assume it goes from the top down. If I’m holding the top seniority spot in my center you mean to tell me I wouldn’t be able to get myself scheduled for Saturday’s only if the lower guys give it up for me to take ?
No idea why my original response illicited a 500 word response. Im not reading one word. You obviously are very confused. Good luck to you.

brownies

Sounds like the OP was a seasonal driver that’s been called back as a TCD and is being used as a Saturday Air Driver as well.
not seasonal, I took an open friend/t bid, so I guess I answered my own ? but the only thing im trying to make sense of now is why I get scheduled saturdays when the most senior driver wants them and takes them every weekend.

Overpaid Union Thug

not seasonal, I took an open friend/t bid, so I guess I answered my own ? but the only thing im trying to make sense of now is why I get scheduled saturdays when the most senior driver wants them and takes them every weekend.
You need to show up to work on Mondays and demand your daily guarantee. Work preload/local (or whatever is available) so that you get a report. Do that and making you work Saturday will be considered extra work and they’ll have to offer it to those senior drivers that supposedly want it. Or maybe try asking for your guarantee on Saturdays? That would really force their hands.

What the are doing to you would be excusable if your building had Tuesday/Saturday routes.

brownies

This is why we are doomed as a society.
Simple work related tasks are totally lost on the young people.
You could not be more wrong nor does this comment have anything to do with what I am asking.I know my work related tasks, that is not the issue here. I am a fully capable working man, I am not young. I am a grown man with children ha ha just wanting answers on what rights I have and do not have. I do not want to drive 80 miles to work for 2 hours of Saturday work. I took the job to provide better for my family, has nothing to do with the "young generation" and how we are "doomed". More people have wasted time in this thread then focusing on the point of my questions. ONCE AGAIN I am not complaining about working Saturdays, I am simply asking basically why The most senior driver in our center doesn't just get scheduled for the Saturdays he wants to work that I do not want to. I am willing to do them when I "have" to. It is a tremendous pain to work them. I have to pay for child care, I have a long commute. If it was a full day of work I would jump on it in two seconds but I am losing more money then I am making.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
More people have wasted time in this thread then focusing on the point of my questions. ONCE AGAIN I am not complaining about working Saturdays, I am simply asking basically why The most senior driver in our center doesn't just get scheduled for the Saturdays he wants to work that I do not want to.

AS A GDamn GROWN MAN, YOU'VE WASTED MORE TIME ON THIS THREAD THAN ANYONE. Your question was answered. Twice, maybe more, I'm not going back to read all the crap again. I think you are more of the problem than you think. Let's re-cap:
  • You've been there almost a year and actually HAVE to ask these questions
  • You pay dues, so you "assume" you are part of the union but really have no friend*n clue right?
  • You have no idea if you are FT or PT
  • You seem to think you are "on call". We don't have that, you are either scheduled or not and you would know that on Friday by end of shift
  • You claim to not know how the seniority process works
WTF is the disconnect here man? Let's try this again.

You are a low seniority driver who most likely gets laid off on M. You are scheduled to work Sat BECAUSE you did not get 5 punches in during the week. The senior driver is not scheduled because he does not have to work, he chooses to and you LET him. Just because he is the senior driver, he is not entitled to work nor can he bump you if you don't have 5 punches.

IF THE JUNIOR DRIVER TO YOU IS NOT BEING FORCED TO WORK SAT, THEN FILE A friend* grievance and make them work him.

Then above all else, get a friggin clue