Confused!

Re-Raise

I am the highest seniority driver at my center and I love working Saturdays. I work about 6 hrs at time and a half to deliver about 20 pkgs.

They don’t have enough qualified air drivers, so they offer the extra work by seniority and if they don’t get enough volunteers they force from the bottom. This is done by Thursday.

Interesting point was brought up about a low seniority full-time driver without 5 punches for the week being the first choice. That hasn’t happened here.

brownies

AS A GDamn GROWN MAN, YOU'VE WASTED MORE TIME ON THIS THREAD THAN ANYONE. Your question was answered. Twice, maybe more, I'm not going back to read all the crap again. I think you are more of the problem than you think. Let's re-cap:
  • You've been there almost a year and actually HAVE to ask these questions
  • You pay dues, so you "assume" you are part of the union but really have no friend*n clue right?
  • You have no idea if you are FT or PT
  • You seem to think you are "on call". We don't have that, you are either scheduled or not and you would know that on Friday by end of shift
  • You claim to not know how the seniority process works
WTF is the disconnect here man? Let's try this again.

You are a low seniority driver who most likely gets laid off on M. You are scheduled to work Sat BECAUSE you did not get 5 punches in during the week. The senior driver is not scheduled because he does not have to work, he chooses to and you LET him. Just because he is the senior driver, he is not entitled to work nor can he bump you if you don't have 5 punches.

IF THE JUNIOR DRIVER TO YOU IS NOT BEING FORCED TO WORK SAT, THEN FILE A friend* grievance and make them work him.

Then above all else, get a friggin clue
you don think we have "on call"? I think were done here :)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If Saturday ground was the answer to all man-made parcel delivery problems, why do we still not have it everywhere?

35years

Gravy route
You are a m-friend full time seniority driver, your center doesn't have Sat ground.

There is no such thing as "on call".

Your schedule should not read "on call". File a grievance.

Your schedule should not have you working tue-Sat. File a grievance.

You are a M-friend driver who may be forced to work Saturday if no one volunteers, but it should not be scheduled that way.

They can decide not to work you Mondays but then you can work in the bldg. if you want the work. Then you would get overtime for Sat work.

Is that clear enough?

35years

Gravy route
And if you drive 80 miles to work and are then sent home demand to work.

They can't have it both ways. If you are told to come in Saturdays you should demand to work.

brownies

Don't* we're*....and unless you have a weak local, there is no such thing as an on call or call in employee.
So I’m just being boned ? Does ANYONE have advice for me on who to contact about all
This because my steward says we do have on call, I’m lost.

brownies

You are a m-friend full time seniority driver, your center doesn't have Sat ground.

There is no such thing as "on call".

Your schedule should not read "on call". File a grievance.

Your schedule should not have you working tue-Sat. File a grievance.

You are a M-friend driver who may be forced to work Saturday if no one volunteers, but it should not be scheduled that way.

They can decide not to work you Mondays but then you can work in the bldg. if you want the work. Then you would get overtime for Sat work.

Is that clear enough?
Thank you

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
So I’m just being boned ? Does ANYONE have advice for me on who to contact about all
This because my steward says we do have on call, I’m lost.
File a grievance on your Local , Ask your Local for a legal representation in writing!!

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
It’s canceled
YOU-SCARED.jpg

allahuakbar

She/Her
This thread gave me cancer.

You should be showing up Monday-Friday demanding to work every time you show up.

Then showing up on Saturday for double time.