Confused!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
LONG POST DONT READ if your not interested in giving advice. still looking for help even more now please don’t troll me lol. For anyone that wants to hear the results of my conversation with the Stuart. I approached him in his shop after punching out. I’m said are you busy I have quite a few questions to ask you. He answered that I was a full time permanent driver, he said everyone is in our building with the exception of our few seasonal drivers. We got on to the Saturday talk and he explained to me since I don’t have a 5th punch the most senior driver can’t bump me, which to me sounds foolish. If I am a 30 year driver I can’t bump someone that’s been there a year for or? I don’t agree with it but I understand where they are coming from and I understand. What I don’t understand is why the driver below me doesn’t get scheduled. The Stuart said maybe our sup thinks the driver is not ready because of inexperience. Funny that never mattered for me lol. Anyways I asked about on call and he FIRST SAID we don’t recognize on call and I said if I’m on call and call out wby does it affect me then? He said I would have to file a grievance every shift? Does that even make sense? Then he back tracked and said on call has always been a thing. He went on to say the union does not give a friend@&$ about me I’m just another body. I said why do I pay dues then? And he lost his mind. He said if I wasn’t happy here I can leave and to get the friend*^+ out of his shop. I said can I please have the local union number or some method of who to contactt in our local or who our business agent is and he said get it yourself now get out and quit harassing me. I just wanted to know about the on call rules I said can you show me them in the contract he said it’s not in the contract it’s an agreement between the local and ups. I’m baffled you don’t have to put on call rules in the contract. He said get the friend*^% our my shop once again. He said he doesn’t have to help me I’m wasting his time and he will not give me The local I am in. I said can I file a grievance on you and be said I will go above get out. I shared some choice words I’ll provably be reprimanded for but I’m just baffled my Stuart won’t help me. I don’t want out of the union I said I just made a statement. Wrong choice of words I guess questioning the union. I don’t plan on not being Out of The union for anyone that gets angry.

TLDR

It’s steward not Stuart

Hope this helps

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
LONG POST DONT READ if your not interested in giving advice. still looking for help even more now please don’t troll me lol. For anyone that wants to hear the results of my conversation with the Stuart. I approached him in his shop after punching out. I’m said are you busy I have quite a few questions to ask you. He answered that I was a full time permanent driver, he said everyone is in our building with the exception of our few seasonal drivers. We got on to the Saturday talk and he explained to me since I don’t have a 5th punch the most senior driver can’t bump me, which to me sounds foolish. If I am a 30 year driver I can’t bump someone that’s been there a year for or? I don’t agree with it but I understand where they are coming from and I understand. What I don’t understand is why the driver below me doesn’t get scheduled. The Stuart said maybe our sup thinks the driver is not ready because of inexperience. Funny that never mattered for me lol. Anyways I asked about on call and he FIRST SAID we don’t recognize on call and I said if I’m on call and call out wby does it affect me then? He said I would have to file a grievance every shift? Does that even make sense? Then he back tracked and said on call has always been a thing. He went on to say the union does not give a friend@&$ about me I’m just another body. I said why do I pay dues then? And he lost his mind. He said if I wasn’t happy here I can leave and to get the friend*^+ out of his shop. I said can I please have the local union number or some method of who to contactt in our local or who our business agent is and he said get it yourself now get out and quit harassing me. I just wanted to know about the on call rules I said can you show me them in the contract he said it’s not in the contract it’s an agreement between the local and ups. I’m baffled you don’t have to put on call rules in the contract. He said get the friend*^% our my shop once again. He said he doesn’t have to help me I’m wasting his time and he will not give me The local I am in. I said can I file a grievance on you and be said I will go above get out. I shared some choice words I’ll provably be reprimanded for but I’m just baffled my Stuart won’t help me. I don’t want out of the union I said I just made a statement. Wrong choice of words I guess questioning the union. I don’t plan on not being Out of The union for anyone that gets angry.
This on call business is nonsense. On the Mondays that you’re scheduled off, let management know you want your guaranteed 8 hours by working other shifts in the building. File grievances if you need to. Also, look into filing on the guy below you not being forced to work Saturday when you are. In the absence of air drivers, Saturday air (extra work) is supposed to be offered from the top down first, then forced from the bottom.

542thruNthru

This on call business is nonsense. On the Mondays that you’re scheduled off, let management know you want your guaranteed 8 hours by working other shifts in the building. File grievances if you need to. Also, look into filing on the guy below you not being forced to work Saturday when you are. In the absence of air drivers, Saturday air (extra work) is supposed to be offered from the top down first, then forced from the bottom.

He's in the Central and with low seniority. I don't believe he has a guarantee.
sketch-1565145282282.jpg

35years

Gravy route
I said why do I pay dues then? And he lost his mind. He said if I wasn’t happy here I can leave and to get the friend*^+ out of his shop....

I said can I file a grievance on you and be said I will go above get out. I shared some choicewords I’ll provably be reprimanded for but I’m just baffled my Stuart won’t help me.

You threaten to stop paying dues

You threaten to file a grievance ON YOUR STEWARD

Then you are baffled why he will not help you?

If you go back in this thread and read the answers you could figure out all the rules and what you should do to be treated fairly.

I don't blame you for perhaps not being able to piece it all together. But you seem to have burned the most important bridge you will need going forward...your relationship with your steward.

Last edited:

brownies

I said why do I pay dues then? And he lost his mind. He said if I wasn’t happy here I can leave and to get the friend*^+ out of his shop....

I said can I file a grievance on you and be said I will go above get out. I shared some choicewords I’ll provably be reprimanded for but I’m just baffled my Stuart won’t help me.

Then you are baffled why he will not help you.

Thanks for proving my point.
No interpersonal skills.
i said why do i pay dues if they dont give a Fudge about me that was in response to his comment
he refused to give me contact info for any local person to get help
he threatened me if i didnt leave his shop so i asked if i can file a grievance on him... what more do i need to do to get :censored2:ing help and answers. straight trash you are

brownies

Then you are baffled why he will not help you.

Thanks for proving my point.
No interpersonal skills.
ALSO nothing was said until he said youre wasting my time youre just another body the union doesnt give a :censored2: about you.. so ya im baffled. SHOCKER

35years

Gravy route
ALSO nothing was said until he said youre wasting my time youre just another body the union doesnt give a :censored2: about you.. so ya im baffled. SHOCKER

Ok,

You have to mend your relationship with your steward. You have to apologize and tell him it was all your fault.

You will need his help going forward.

brownies

Ok,

You have to mend your relationship with your steward. You have to apologize and tell him it was all your fault.

hes retiring in a matter of weeks hence why he doesnt care. Im not in the wrong, I will not apologize for him acting like a child. I asked him questions and he started to yell and raise his voice in front of everyone in the building. People were asking wtf is wrong with him to be talking like that. Im sorry but im not the problem here.

brownies

Your steward is correct in his advice.
hes correct in his advice that I am wasting his time? or that he doesn't have to provide me with contact info for any business agent or local? He didnt even know how to find the updated contract. Hes old and miserable.

brownies

Ok,

also you dont have the right to deny union help as a steward. He is obligated to help me or he can relieve his duties to someone else. Many other people are having issues with his lack of union representation as well. One driver has been getting shorted on all of his checks and he basically told him he doesn't care. Its not worth his time to file.

35years

Gravy route
1 You can bump into the Saturday work above drivers who have worked 40 hours.

2 You have seniority over the other new guy who is also not getting 40 hours so you have the opportunity to work Saturday over him.

3 Yes you will have to file a grievance each time they violate your seniority by working another driver instead of you.

4 You are technically not "on call" but they don't have to give you 40 hours since you are exempt (being in the bottom 10% of drivers). They list you as "on call" since you should be the 1st to be asked to work Saturday since you are the top seniority driver who has not worked 40 hrs. They have to tell you by Friday punch out time if you are working Saturday. You have no obligation to answer the phone Sat morning. If you are on the schedule for Saturday go in and don't then don't go home without working or they will keep messing with you.

5 You can still bump into working any M, T, W, T, friend displacing 2 part time employees inside the bldg. ..You may have to file a grievance to make it happen or try just telling your center manager you want the work.

6. If they have you come in any M-friend day you still can demand 8 hours of work. If they send you home you get 6 hrs of pay if you file a grievance. ....others correct me if I am wrong....but I think you are only exempt from the 40 hr gaurentee, not the 8 hr gaurentee.

I think that answers you questions.

Mend the fence with the steward or visit the union hall and talk with the Business Agent.

And stop offending people with your attitude or you will get no help from them.

You have kids to support. Put away you ego or you will be letting them down.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
also you dont have the right to deny union help as a steward. He is obligated to help me or he can relieve his duties to someone else. Many other people are having issues with his lack of union representation as well. One driver has been getting shorted on all of his checks and he basically told him he doesn't care. Its not worth his time to file.
Have you gone to a single union meeting or introduced yourself to your BA yet?

Seriously if you want answers take time out of your weekend and go to the union hall. Those people are there to make sure you are getting what was negotiated for. Every time a 9.5 hits their desk they get a chub.

brownies

Have you gone to a single union meeting or introduced yourself to your BA yet?

Seriously if you want answers take time out of your weekend and go to the union hall. Those people are there to make sure you are getting what was negotiated for. Every time a 9.5 hits their desk they get a chub.
I think things are a little different in my area. We dont have a local anywhere near where I live. its almost 12 hours away. There are no union meetings here nor A BA to go speak to. I found what I finally think is my local after asking just about every driver today. I plan on calling them tomorrow.

brownies

1 You can bump into the Saturday work above drivers who have worked 40 hours.

2 You have seniority over the other new guy who is also not getting 40 hours so you have the opportunity to work Saturday over him.

3 Yes you will have to file a grievance each time they violate your seniority by working another driver instead of you.

4 You are technically not "on call" but they don't have to give you 40 hours since you are exempt (being in the bottom 10% of drivers). They list you as "on call" since you should be the 1st to be asked to work Saturday since you are the top seniority driver who has not worked 40 hrs. They have to tell you by Friday punch out time if you are working Saturday. You have no obligation to answer the phone Sat morning. If you are on the schedule for Saturday go in and don't then don't go home without working or they will keep messing with you.

5 You can still bump into working any M, T, W, T, friend displacing 2 part time employees inside the bldg. ..You may have to file a grievance to make it happen or try just telling your center manager you want the work.

6. If they have you come in any M-friend day you still can demand 8 hours of work. If they send you home you get 6 hrs of pay if you file a grievance. ....others correct me if I am wrong....but I think you are only exempt from the 40 hr gaurentee, not the 8 hr gaurentee.

I think that answers you questions.

Mend the fence with the steward or visit the union hall and talk with the Business Agent.

And stop offending people with your attitude or you will get no help from them.

You have kids to support. Put away you ego or you will be letting them down.
About 90 percent of the people here have gave no help you being quite the exeption and a couple others. I only gave bad attitude to comments that warranted it. You cant read my context through writing. I will not apologize for the way I was treated. Its not about pride or ego, I am simply not sorry. I asked questions got hollered at for asking to much I guess. I dont know about you but I dont tolerate someone raising there voice in my face. If I said something that needed apologizing for I would apologize. I have apologized many times I havent wanted to, this is not one of them. Plus hell be retired in no time.

brownies

I am pretty sure I got all the info I need from here thanks to those that have helped and to the rest of you, well you know what to do.