Confused!

brownies

Hard to help someone that doesn't care enough about their job to know what position they are in, even after 8 months. Lol
Do you truly think just 8 months in all the sudden I decided to just randomly join a forum of all places where you have to argue about asking questions.

35years

Gravy route
It is pretty common with millennials. They don't want to do their own leg work and expect others on the internet to solve their problems for them.
And they don't have the interpersonal skills to actually interact with a live person... say a steward.

"What local am I in?"

Seriously?

You have received a great deal of solid advice but complain when people "argue" with you.

We are not your parents. We are not here to solve your problems. Do some leg work yourself.

brownies

It is pretty common with millennials. They don't want to do their own leg work and expect others on the internet to solve their problems for them.
And they don't have the interpersonal skills to actually interact with a live person... say a steward.

"What local am I in?"

Seriously?

You have received a great deal of solid advice but complain when people "argue" with you.

We are not your parents. We are not here to solve your problems. Do some leg work yourself.
Don’t waste my time with your negativity, I already asked people the correct questions. Why would one find it “work” to ask questions ? Millennials is where he goes good god

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
135C7F9E-E98E-4F8A-B391-DBEC48E3E527.gif

@Indecisi0n

You’re a mod act like one

brownies

LONG POST DONT READ if your not interested in giving advice. still looking for help even more now please don’t troll me lol. For anyone that wants to hear the results of my conversation with the Stuart. I approached him in his shop after punching out. I’m said are you busy I have quite a few questions to ask you. He answered that I was a full time permanent driver, he said everyone is in our building with the exception of our few seasonal drivers. We got on to the Saturday talk and he explained to me since I don’t have a 5th punch the most senior driver can’t bump me, which to me sounds foolish. If I am a 30 year driver I can’t bump someone that’s been there a year for or? I don’t agree with it but I understand where they are coming from and I understand. What I don’t understand is why the driver below me doesn’t get scheduled. The Stuart said maybe our sup thinks the driver is not ready because of inexperience. Funny that never mattered for me lol. Anyways I asked about on call and he FIRST SAID we don’t recognize on call and I said if I’m on call and call out wby does it affect me then? He said I would have to file a grievance every shift? Does that even make sense? Then he back tracked and said on call has always been a thing. He went on to say the union does not give a friend@&$ about me I’m just another body. I said why do I pay dues then? And he lost his mind. He said if I wasn’t happy here I can leave and to get the friend*^+ out of his shop. I said can I please have the local union number or some method of who to contactt in our local or who our business agent is and he said get it yourself now get out and quit harassing me. I just wanted to know about the on call rules I said can you show me them in the contract he said it’s not in the contract it’s an agreement between the local and ups. I’m baffled you don’t have to put on call rules in the contract. He said get the friend*^% our my shop once again. He said he doesn’t have to help me I’m wasting his time and he will not give me The local I am in. I said can I file a grievance on you and be said I will go above get out. I shared some choice words I’ll provably be reprimanded for but I’m just baffled my Stuart won’t help me. I don’t want out of the union I said I just made a statement. Wrong choice of words I guess questioning the union. I don’t plan on not being Out of The union for anyone that gets angry.

Last edited:
LONG POST DONT READ, still looking for help even more now please don’t troll me lol. For anyone that wants to hear the results of my conversation with the Stuart. I approached him in his shop after punching out. I’m said are you busy I have quite a few questions to ask you. He answered that I was a full time permanent driver, he said everyone is in our building with the exception of our few seasonal drivers. We got on to the Saturday talk and he explained to me since I don’t have a 5th punch the most senior driver can’t bump me, which to me sounds foolish. If I am a 30 year driver I can’t bump someone that’s been there a year for or? I don’t agree with it but I understand where they are coming from and I understand. What I don’t understand is why the driver below me doesn’t get scheduled. The Stuart said maybe our sup thinks the driver is not ready because of inexperience. Funny that never mattered for me lol. Anyways I asked about on call and he FIRST SAID we don’t recognize on call and I said if I’m on call and call out wby does it affect me then? He said I would have to file a grievance every shift? Does that even make sense? Then he back tracked and said on call has always been a thing. He went on to say the union does not give a friend@&$ about me I’m just another body. I said why do I pay dues then? And he lost his mind. He said if I wasn’t happy here I can leave and to get the friend*^+ out of his shop. I said can I please have the local union number or some method of who to contactt in our local or who our business agent is and he said get it yourself now get out and quit harassing me. I just wanted to know about the on call rules I said can you show me them in the contract he said it’s not in the contract it’s an agreement between the local and ups. I’m baffled you don’t have to put on call rules in the contract. He said get the friend*^% our my shop once again. He said he doesn’t have to help me I’m wasting his time and he will not give me The local I am in. I said can I file a grievance on you and be said I will go above get out. I shared some choice words I’ll provably be reprimanded for but I’m just baffled my Stuart won’t help me. I don’t want out of the union I said I just made a statement. Wrong choice of words I guess questioning the union. I don’t plan on not being Out of The union for anyone that gets angry.
Paragraphs are you friend...

UPSER1987

LONG POST DONT READ if your not interested in giving advice. still looking for help even more now please don’t troll me lol. For anyone that wants to hear the results of my conversation with the Stuart. I approached him in his shop after punching out. I’m said are you busy I have quite a few questions to ask you. He answered that I was a full time permanent driver, he said everyone is in our building with the exception of our few seasonal drivers. We got on to the Saturday talk and he explained to me since I don’t have a 5th punch the most senior driver can’t bump me, which to me sounds foolish. If I am a 30 year driver I can’t bump someone that’s been there a year for or? I don’t agree with it but I understand where they are coming from and I understand. What I don’t understand is why the driver below me doesn’t get scheduled. The Stuart said maybe our sup thinks the driver is not ready because of inexperience. Funny that never mattered for me lol. Anyways I asked about on call and he FIRST SAID we don’t recognize on call and I said if I’m on call and call out wby does it affect me then? He said I would have to file a grievance every shift? Does that even make sense? Then he back tracked and said on call has always been a thing. He went on to say the union does not give a friend@&$ about me I’m just another body. I said why do I pay dues then? And he lost his mind. He said if I wasn’t happy here I can leave and to get the friend*^+ out of his shop. I said can I please have the local union number or some method of who to contactt in our local or who our business agent is and he said get it yourself now get out and quit harassing me. I just wanted to know about the on call rules I said can you show me them in the contract he said it’s not in the contract it’s an agreement between the local and ups. I’m baffled you don’t have to put on call rules in the contract. He said get the friend*^% our my shop once again. He said he doesn’t have to help me I’m wasting his time and he will not give me The local I am in. I said can I file a grievance on you and be said I will go above get out. I shared some choice words I’ll provably be reprimanded for but I’m just baffled my Stuart won’t help me. I don’t want out of the union I said I just made a statement. Wrong choice of words I guess questioning the union. I don’t plan on not being Out of The union for anyone that gets angry.

Ask 10 stewards the same question and you’ll get 10 different answers...and it’s not “his” shop. He probably doesn’t know the answer

brownies

I love the job when it’s just me out delivering, anything else about the job not so much. The lack of information is baffling. When the schedule was posted last Friday I was scheduled everyday. Now someone came back from disability mid week and I’m first on call. It’s a pain getting child care set up for how Much they bounce me around. That’s really all this boils down to me for me.

542thruNthru

What shop did you go to? I'm confused.