Contract Back-Pay

Mikezone

Was working at UPS the whole entire time-frame of the contract and the wait to get the new contract. Question is... Am I still entitled to my back-pay check if I got a new job Last week even though I did work while waiting on this current contract???

satellitedriver

And what if they don't send it to me??
That means you did not receive the back pay, yet.
Been there( I assume you mean UPS when you say there.) since the end of the old contract.
I just really LIKE this next sentence.
What would be like the cut-off hire date to where you couldn't get the back pay or not you eligible? Like mid 2011 or mid 2012???
I "liked" getting my back pay check today, even though I retired three months ago.

Maybe,
you should like know what you should like to know, before you wanted to like it.

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
You should call your old local, retro pay is subjective and depends on seniority, progression, job classification etc... If you earned it go get it bud.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mikezone

Yea, Orion, I was kinda thinking that, but didn't really know what I should do. I called n Someone tried to say that I had to be ratified lol which didn't really make much sence to me. Been there since summer of 2012

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yea, Orion, I was kinda thinking that, but didn't really know what I should do. I called n Someone tried to say that I had to be ratified lol which didn't really make much sence to me. Been there since summer of 2012

"To be ratified" means you had to be on the payroll as of 4/25/14, which is the date the contract was (imposed) ratified. To me if you worked even one day after 8/1/13 you should receive retro pay. Call your union local today.

Was working at UPS the whole entire time-frame of the contract and the wait to get the new contract. Question is... Am I still entitled to my back-pay check if I got a new job Last week even though I did work while waiting on this current contract???
Since you quit, I got your retro check, thanks! Its a seniority thing!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

Your retro check is going into "the return of the Christmas Turkey Fund." How retro is that?