Contract passed!

What'dyabringmetoday???

There is zero chance that they will be able to force and make it stick with this contract. My point is they will cannibalize Monday even further that way on Saturday they will starve those who are too chicken to force the company to give them their eight and will just go home, those guys and they will be willing to work Saturdays after a few Mondays of going home. The company hasn’t even attempted to try to force the last couple weeks here even before ratification.
Except for the part where it says if staffing needs for Saturday can't be met the two parties will meet to discuss it...

21Savage

That’s a bridge We haven’t crossed. I’ll get back to you when it happens. If I have anything to say about it, it won’t be allowed.
I don't think they're forcing in my building. Today my sup basically begged me to come Saturday. Only asked, didn't say I have to be there.

Thebrownblob

The company "came to you"? Ok.
Yep that’s kind of what they do when they have an agreement that they don’t understand they come to the person who’s on the other side to make sure they’re doing the right thing. 🤷‍♂️ I have no idea where you work, but any place I’ve ever been or ever heard of if the company crosses the line they usually end up paying for it and have to pull back and they don’t like to look stupid. There’s quite a few changes that have to be implemented in the next few weeks. It would be a shame if they didn’t know what they were doing or didn’t have an agreement that they were doing the right thing in place.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Yep that’s kind of what they do when they have an agreement that they don’t understand they come to the person who’s on the other side to make sure they’re doing the right thing. 🤷‍♂️ I have no idea where you work, but any place I’ve ever been or ever heard of if the company crosses the line they usually end up paying for it and have to pull back and they don’t like to look stupid.
The company likely understands the agreement. I think you're a good dude based on random internet stuff. But I doubt they make a lot of decisions based on your input.

Thebrownblob

The company likely understands the agreement. I think you're a good dude based on random internet stuff. But I doubt they make a lot of decisions based on your input.
Trust me, they don’t have a clue what they’re doing and have no clue how they’re going to do it. Believe it or not the people at the top of this company who negotiated this contract, have a little to do with the ones who actually have to implement it. They gave them a square peg and a round hole and told them to figure out what to do. Lol.

Thebrownblob

They definitely won’t listen to me you’re right, but they want to know my angle when the grievances start coming, and they will. And we will make a lot of money and I do believe this Christmas peak season will be a disaster.😂

What'dyabringmetoday???

Trust me, they don’t have a clue what they’re doing and have no clue how they’re going to do it. Believe it or not the people at the top of this company who negotiated this contract, have a little to do with the ones who actually have to implement it. They gave them a square peg and a round hole and told them to figure out what to do. Lol.
Ok- if you say so. In general, UPS is many steps ahead of the Teamsters. Sorry...