Contract raises vs. state minimum wage

Faceplanted

Most employers who pay minimum wage still make huge profites. Upper managment makes a huge percentage of what the workers make

Companies can still pay employees a fair wage, cut down upper managment pay and can easially still turn huge profits

Corporate greed is killing us all. The middle class is eroding. We can't expect corporations to pay fair wages. If they won't do it their own, either the gov needs to step in or the employees need to organize

It's very odd that all these euro car companies (vw, BMW ect) have no problem dealing with unions when the unions are powerful as in Europe. Let them build a factory in the USA and the first thing they look at is right to work states. That's very telling

Faceplanted

The only thing in common between unions here and those in Europe is the word union.
Incredible that for the most part they all get fair wages, 1 month off at minimum, 1 month Christmas bonus.... yet the companies still are profitable in Europe.

The same companies who deal with strong unions always build factory's in rtw states

Corporations are greedy as can be, the USA allows maximum greed

Edit::: I'll be honest I didn't hate the rtw movement... I work in a rtw state, but after lots of research and thought I realized rtw Is just here to bankrupt unions. It's just sad the unions now and days (teamsters included) seem to be more pro rtw than the gov. I say that because they no longer fight hard for rights as they did generations ago. It's not the fault of rtw, it's the fault of bad union leadership.

Last edited: