Contract raises vs. state minimum wage

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
They gross 27B a year. You said 33B in profit.

Here, let me help you out.

They only make around 4-5B in profit. I know, I said only. lol

There are exceptions to everything. If I asked 1000 14 year olds what they were making at the time, what would you expect the answer to be for the majority of them? Sure, 1 or 2 may surprise us, like you did.

Nope. I know 40 year olds flipping burgers at McDonalds making $9/hr.

But if you expect a 16 or 18 year old working at McDonalds to expect to make enough money to raise a family, you are crazy.

McDonalds is a low paying, unskilled labor job, mostly PT workers.

Check out the list of low paying FT jobs and tell me what a PT McDonalds worker should be making.

Top Ten Lists :: Lowest Paying Jobs
Why is a wage based on what other low paying jobs are paying.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Sorry I confused you, let me explain.
I disagree with all of your opinions, and all the facts you made up.
Hope that helps.

You didn't confuse me. I figured that's what you did.

Let me help you out by backing up my facts, unlike some other guy who posts FACTS without backing them up. Or are you two one in the same?

So, you disagreed with this?

No, but it will probably eliminate jobs.

Backed up by Forbes, The Washington Post, The New American, and McDonald's itself.

Thanks To 'Fight For $15' Minimum Wage, McDonald's Unveils Job-Replacing Self-Service Kiosks Nationwide

Ex-McDonald’s CEO says raising the minimum wage will help robots take jobs

McDonald’s Response to $15 Minimum Wage: Automation in Every Store

The part time position was not intended to pay for a house, it is a stepping stone to move on.

You actually expect to raise a family on a part time job? You're crazy.

You're off by almost 30 Billion.

Backed up by Market Watch, Reuters, NASDAQ, etc

McDonald's shares hit record high as profit beats

McDonald's profit beats as turnaround gains steam, shares at record high

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/mcd/financials?query=income-statement

Maybe also Walmart earned twice what McDonalds earned so maybe the public feels that they can pay more?

Backed up by the same sites, Market Watch, Reuters, NASDAQ

Wal-Mart profit beats estimates, sales fall short

Wal-Mart's profit margins fall; quarterly outlook disappoints

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/wal-mart-stores-boosts-full-year-profit-forecast-cm834238

Maybe also that McDonald's pays roughly the same as other fast food restaurants, while Walmart pays considerably less, somewhere around $4/hr less, than other retail stores. And they were considerably less than that, less than what McDonald's paid, until 2015 when the public pressure got to Walmart and they increased their workers pay.

Backup up by CNN, Fortune, Forbes

Walmart raises pay well above minimum wage

Wal-Mart to increase hourly wages for thousands of store associates

Why Did Walmart Raise Its Wages?

They can join a union and try to change that.

How about BLS,CNN, Politifact

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2013/04/art2full.pdf

Want a raise? Join a union

Labor Secretary Thomas Perez says union members earn $200 more a week than those not in unions

So, I made up all the facts? I guess those well respected websites also made up the same facts.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You didn't confuse me. I figured that's what you did.

Let me help you out by backing up my facts, unlike some other guy who posts FACTS without backing them up. Or are you two one in the same?

So, you disagreed with this?

Backed up by Forbes, The Washington Post, The New American, and McDonald's itself.

Thanks To 'Fight For $15' Minimum Wage, McDonald's Unveils Job-Replacing Self-Service Kiosks Nationwide

Ex-McDonald’s CEO says raising the minimum wage will help robots take jobs

McDonald’s Response to $15 Minimum Wage: Automation in Every Store

You actually expect to raise a family on a part time job? You're crazy.

Backed up by Market Watch, Reuters, NASDAQ, etc

McDonald's shares hit record high as profit beats

McDonald's profit beats as turnaround gains steam, shares at record high

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/mcd/financials?query=income-statement

Backed up by the same sites, Market Watch, Reuters, NASDAQ

Wal-Mart profit beats estimates, sales fall short

Wal-Mart's profit margins fall; quarterly outlook disappoints

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/wal-mart-stores-boosts-full-year-profit-forecast-cm834238

Backup up by CNN, Fortune, Forbes

Walmart raises pay well above minimum wage

Wal-Mart to increase hourly wages for thousands of store associates

Why Did Walmart Raise Its Wages?

How about BLS,CNN, Politifact

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2013/04/art2full.pdf

Want a raise? Join a union

Labor Secretary Thomas Perez says union members earn $200 more a week than those not in unions

So, I made up all the facts? I guess those well respected websites also made up the same facts.
Tldr

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I proved you wrong and you won't even admit it.

Typical.
No, you didn't, you just repeated the same tired ass false arguments you've been making for months. If you want to know my opinion, go back to the first page of this thread and read it over again, we've been through this.

I can sum it up for you.

You are pro-poverty. You're living in the past, in a time where part time jobs were for teenagers and moms supplementing the family income. You refuse to accept the fact that corporate America has shifted to a completely part time workforce to boosts profits. You prefer the current system, where the American taxpayer subsidizes these corporate profits through welfare and food stamps.

I swear, it's hilarious how worked up snowflakes like you get over a red X. I've never had someone demand I explain why I rated their post agree or funny. But you crybabies see that red X and start whining. Give me a break, get over yourself.

542thruNthru

No, you didn't, you just repeated the same tired ass false arguments you've been making for months. If you want to know my opinion, go back to the first page of this thread and read it over again, we've been through this.

I can sum it up for you.

You are pro-poverty. You're living in the past, in a time where part time jobs were for teenagers and moms supplementing the family income. You refuse to accept the fact that corporate America has shifted to a completely part time workforce to boosts profits. You prefer the current system, where the American taxpayer subsidizes these corporate profits through welfare and food stamps.

I swear, it's hilarious how worked up snowflakes like you get over a red X. I've never had someone demand I explain why I rated their post agree or funny. But you crybabies see that red X and start whining. Give me a break, get over yourself.

No reason to explain why something is funny when someone is trying to be. You know why it's funny you said it.

Why would anyone explain why they agree. It's obvious because they said everything you agree with.

If you disagree there is a reason why. Humans are curious creatures. They want to know why you disagree. I don't think it has anything to do with snowflakes because they are just a flake of snow, a feathery ice crystal, typically displaying delicate sixfold symmetry. ;)

By the way I agreed with most of what you said just not the funny, agree part. :)

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No reason to explain why something is funny when someone is trying to be. You know why it's funny you said it.

Why would anyone explain why they agree. It's obvious because they said everything you agree with.

If you disagree there is a reason why. Humans are curious creatures. They want to know why you disagree. I don't think it has anything to do with snowflakes because they are just a flake of snow, a feathery ice crystal, typically displaying delicate sixfold symmetry. ;)

By the way I agreed with most of what you said just not the funny, agree part. :)
He knows why I disagree. Like a broken record, he's repeating the same lies he has for the past 4 months in this thread. At some point, there's really nothing left to explain, so I hit the X and move on. Simple as that.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
No, you didn't, you just repeated the same tired ass false arguments you've been making for months.

Really. I backed it up with reliable, highly respected sources. Didn't read them, did you?

You just offered your opinion without proof.

You are pro-poverty.

Where do you get that from? Again, an unsubstantiated opinion from you.

You're living in the past, in a time where part time jobs were for teenagers and moms supplementing the family income.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but McDonald's has always been mostly a PT job. So has Wendy'd, Burger King, In-N-out Burger, Taco Bell, etc.

You refuse to accept the fact that corporate America has shifted to a completely part time workforce to boosts profits.

Never even touched on that topic. Maybe you should go back and read it again. I have never been for corporations eliminating full time jobs in favor of part time jobs.

You prefer the current system, where the American taxpayer subsidizes these corporate profits through welfare and food stamps.

Again, never said that. I just said that McDonald's is mostly a part time workforce and you surmised the rest through your own personal opinion.

I swear, it's hilarious how worked up snowflakes like you get over a red X.

I don't really care. I made probably 10 points in those two posts and I was curious what you disagreed with. My facts were backed up, so I wanted to know why you disagreed with known facts, and which ones.

I've never had someone demand I explain why I rated their post agree or funny.

Agree and funny are self explanatory. Disagreeing with facts, and not stating why, is a cop out. Tell me what you disagreed with, and let me prove you wrong, or right, whichever.

But you crybabies see that red X and start whining.

You click it and don't back it up and you call me a crybaby.

Give me a break, get over yourself.

Nothing to get over.

He knows why I disagree. Like a broken record, he's repeating the same lies he has for the past 4 months in this thread.

Didn't even read the links, did you. They backed up my so called lies, as you call them. You have not backed up your opinions, so they are just that, your opinions.

Again, prove me wrong, if you can. I'll wait

Just what I said. Just wanted to know why he disagreed with proven facts.

If you disagree there is a reason why. Humans are curious creatures. They want to know why you disagree. I don't think it has anything to do with snowflakes because they are just a flake of snow, a feathery ice crystal, typically displaying delicate sixfold symmetry.

He can call me all the names he wants. He never backs up his opinions, yet calls my proven facts lies.

Never said I agree with the facts, but I do agree that they are proven facts.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Those were also not responses to you.

You didn't have to read them, then maybe it may have been a happy day for you.
5-the-big-lebowski-quotes.gif