contract situation

35yrwstpadriver

Pittsburgh Brown
The answer is simple, the solution is not. Upsers have to secede from the teamsters. The Teamsters Intl union has used the contributions of UPS employees to prop up their situation, mostly the pension for many years. When leaders of the Teamsters were asked about the unfair distribution of pension contributions, they have always said that UPS employees were fortunate to have to backing of such a powerful organization. Teamster representation would always remind us of the fact that when UPS started out, we were a very small contributor to the union and that we were lucky to have them. That’s not the case anymore. The Teamsters now depend on UPS employees to prop up their failing situation.

Now is the time for UPS employees to unite and secede from the Teamsters union. The Teamsters representation is no longer an asset to us. If fact, they are raping our people of all of their hard work and sacrifices that we make to our families.

There is absolutely no reason to fear any consequences of such a movement. UPS has wanted this to happen since 1997. That was the year that UPS proposed “UPS money for UPS people” in regards to our pensions. The Teamsters, however, would not allow us to even vote on that proposal. NOW is the time people.

gorilla75jdw

Nope , us does paying Teamsters have to he more involved, we have to show up to represent more than 67% of any vote . As the by laws are written right now , and this is the only advice I could give you , good luck

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Nope , us does paying Teamsters have to he more involved, we have to show up to represent more than 67% of any vote . As the by laws are written right now , and this is the only advice I could give you , good luck

The demographics of our company make this, for all intents and purposes, impossible. There are a lot of us who are involved, by suggesting we be more involved you create a moral delimma. The ones who don't vote are the ones who cancel out the voice of the ones who are involved.

What are we to do? I know I spoke with everyone I could about voting, answered any question I could. What else is there to do? Do I need to force everyone to bring their ballot into work, and stand there wielding a baseball bat menacingly until they vote? I'm all for it, as long as we get everyone on board with that course of action. Do you feel up to using threat of bodily harm to get fellow teamsters to do their duty?

Seriously, though, I think we can do better than simply repeat the same, tired platitudes over and over.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
The answer is simple, the solution is not. Upsers have to secede from the teamsters. The Teamsters Intl union has used the contributions of UPS employees to prop up their situation, mostly the pension for many years. When leaders of the Teamsters were asked about the unfair distribution of pension contributions, they have always said that UPS employees were fortunate to have to backing of such a powerful organization. Teamster representation would always remind us of the fact that when UPS started out, we were a very small contributor to the union and that we were lucky to have them. That’s not the case anymore. The Teamsters now depend on UPS employees to prop up their failing situation.

Now is the time for UPS employees to unite and secede from the Teamsters union. The Teamsters representation is no longer an asset to us. If fact, they are raping our people of all of their hard work and sacrifices that we make to our families.

There is absolutely no reason to fear any consequences of such a movement. UPS has wanted this to happen since 1997. That was the year that UPS proposed “UPS money for UPS people” in regards to our pensions. The Teamsters, however, would not allow us to even vote on that proposal. NOW is the time people.
Not a chance. I like free heathcare, pension and industry leading pay. I will address my issues with the current Teamster leadership through the ballot box. Are you management?

Future

Victory Ride
Nope....won't happen until Amazon buys UPS.
49BE81A1-77B5-4884-BB84-AE794FFA5A37.gif

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Nope....won't happen until Amazon buys UPS.

Even if that happened.... there is a successor clause in the contract.

"In the event an entire operation, or portion thereof, or rights only, are sold, leased, transferred or taken over by sale, transfer, lease, assignment, receiver-ship or bankruptcy proceedings, such operation or use of such rights shall continue to be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, for the life thereof."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

-Bug-

Future

Victory Ride

"In the event an entire operation, or portion thereof, or rights only, are sold, leased, transferred or taken over by sale, transfer, lease, assignment, receiver-ship or bankruptcy proceedings, such operation or use of such rights shall continue to be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, for the life thereof."

-Bug-
I just don’t understand you ..and your position on this contract

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I thought I made it relatively easy to understand.

The members sealed their fate, by not voting and want to cry about it.

The power was in their hands.... and they had butter fingers.

The ones complaining are the ones who voted. How is it their fault? I guess we just need to go around and bust some kneecaps to force others to vote then?

35yrwstpadriver

Pittsburgh Brown
Not a chance. I like free heathcare, pension and industry leading pay. I will address my issues with the current Teamster leadership through the ballot box. Are you management?
Your healthcare and pension are not free. They are part of your earnings. If Upsers had their own union, their pensions would more than double and with less contributions from the company. Under the current arrangement, we receive about 20 cents on the dollar. We are , in essence, working and earning money for other teamsters with less stressful and less demanding jobs.

35yrwstpadriver

Pittsburgh Brown

-Bug-
I believe you are misreading the contract. I believe “entire operation,or portion thereof” is referring toUPS operations. That’s so that if they move a facility and the jobs that go with, they must take the employees too.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Your healthcare and pension are not free. They are part of your earnings. If Upsers had their own union, their pensions would more than double and with less contributions from the company. Under the current arrangement, we receive about 20 cents on the dollar. We are , in essence, working and earning money for other teamsters with less stressful and less demanding jobs.

I've been wondering if anyone had any idea of the numbers on that. It's clear to me that money we are earning is paying out to other teamsters at other companies, just didn't have an idea on the numbers. 80% going to other teamsters sounds high, but I'll believe it until someone can demonstrate otherwise.