UPS tells customers they begin training management today on how to keep packages moving during a strike

Thebrownblob

Ok, that’s what I was asking. So sounds like you think ups plans for the strike to last indefinitely and is planning on trying to replace us while we strike long term. That’s all I wanted to know
They plan on winning going into it. Lots of things can happen to change that, but who knows.

Hot Carl

Can anyone honestly think our current pt and ft management could even do our jobs past a few hours. Last contract ft management had to be drivers before they went into management. Now management walk around eating and looking at their phones.
Aug the hottest part of the year, even with scabs no way can they do our jobs.

There will be a lot of management with heat stroke. And management is pretty pissed off at corporate taking away their pensions making them pay higher premiums for their healthcare, and their pay raises were so bad a lot are pissed off.
My last ride was a "safety" ride and my ORS spent the whole day eating, staring into his phone, and not wearing his seatbelt. If UPS thinks this crop of supervisors can carry them through a strike, they are in for a rude awakening.

Johney

I’ve been wondering the same thing. I will absolutely strike, but I just can not understand ups game plan

Lots of people just assume we’re going to strike for 2 weeks and ups caves. There aren’t rules to this though. It’s not guaranteed to be a repeat of 97, why would ups do that to themselves?

I wonder if they have something up their sleeve I’m not thinking of, or they will back down last minute (but why cause so much fear and uncertainty with customers) or they plan to draw this strike out for a long time
What I remember in 97 was UPS’s analysts or whatever the guys job was told UPS that by the end of the second week you’ll have enough people cross that you’ll be able to run your operations enough to make it work, he was wrong that’s why it didn’t go much farther and the fact that UPS gave up on taking over the pension fund. Maybe they have the same guy. Lol

Pullman Brown

They plan on winning going into it. Lots of things can happen to change that, but who knows.

I still think there will be a LBFO sometime in the next 14 days. I don’t think it will be good enough. If they really were that close then I understand why they haven’t done anything since they are tired of each other and can finish it pretty quickly. But if UPS just lets this go till the 31 without offering anything else um.. get ready because this is going to be ugly. At that point, I don’t see how there can’t be some intervention.

HarryWarden

What I remember in 97 was UPS’s analysts or whatever the guys job was told UPS that by the end of the second week you’ll have enough people cross that you’ll be able to run your operations enough to make it work, he was wrong that’s why it didn’t go much farther and the fact that UPS gave up on taking over the pension fund. Maybe they have the same guy. Lol
Very interesting. This is the type of Info I was looking for wondering about ups strategy. Thanks man

People are more in debt and living paycheck to paycheck now than 97, I wonder if they’re hoping for the same thing this time

Johney

Very interesting. This is the type of Info I was looking for wondering about ups strategy. Thanks man

People are more in debt and living paycheck to paycheck now than 97, I wonder if they’re hoping for the same thing this time
Again this is what I remember. Could’ve been bs for all I know. And yes I do believe more people live paycheck to paycheck now than in 97.

cynz

How can UPS have a backup plan with workers. They cannot keep workers now. It's going to be the hottest time of the year. Do you think someone will be able to deliver 300 pkgs with 150 stops, LOL. Even with a slowdown
UPS will lose so much money per day and the stock will tank, they might buy up quick, but they'll need us to lay their golden eggs once they buy the stock.
I read wall street thinks UPs made 23 billion this last quarter 1 billion less than last year at this time. If UPS didn't make a lot of money this last quarter, they would blow it out of the water to say look we lost money, but instead they have pushed it back.

They can't afford us being on strike anymore that we can afford being on strike. So far, every other teamster that has gone on strike have won very good contracts.
We are the biggest, We are the hardest workers, We work in the worst conditions and We deserve to be paid a fair wage. With a pension and benefits.

We are the ones with our bodies breaking done with all this manual labor.
We are the ones that miss out during family holidays.
We are the ones that our proud of the service we provide to our customers.

We're not making 32 million for sitting behind a desk or being on 5 board of directors when she should Soley be working for UPS.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We already have a lot. How many of these high profit margin medical NDA and saver accounts are we at risk of losing? UPS has billed itself as the place to go for medical shipments, and a strike contradicts that. People need there medicine.

Time for ups to pay up

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So they’re just hoping O’Brien backs down last minute? It is very possible I’m the naive one, but to me, on the surface, it seems like O’Brien is almost excited for a strike. I just don’t see what ups gains by waiting so long. And I feel like the longer they wait, the more it looks like they’re forced to give these demands and less that they’re giving it, and that only strengthens it

I feel like there’s something here I’m not seeing.

You have more experience than me, do you think ups will back down last minute and concede?

Nobody knows the answer to that
FFS why don’t you relax a bit