Contract survey

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Two weeks isn’t enough time I don’t give a :censored2: about seniority, if somebody with less seniority than me asks for a day off in August in February, and I decide I want it and ask in July , I won’t be mad . After vaca bids it should be first come first serve on days .
Do you not understand how seniority works?

R1wonder

Do you not understand how seniority works?
Jesus Christ ppl don’t turn this thread into :censored2: . I know how seniority works as I stayed I have 18+ years of it . You are all ok with being told two weeks before a day off “sorry you can’t have it” then so be it . I think it’s :censored2:

542thruNthru

Jesus Christ ppl don’t turn this thread into :censored2: . I know how seniority works as I stayed I have 18+ years of it . You are all ok with being told two weeks before a day off “sorry you can’t have it” then so be it . I think it’s :censored2:
You need to stop taking thing so personal on here man.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
post the survey for us retired folks.

i'm really not sure what you all really need but I do see a lot of transfer questions here.
should be easier to transfer to another hub or district without quitting and starting all over.
assuming you don't have a hardship or following work, change of operations.

have to cover all the bases here for the BC clowns.

R1wonder

post the survey for us retired folks.

i'm really not sure what you all really need but I do see a lot of transfer questions here.
should be easier to transfer to another hub or district without quitting and starting all over.
assuming you don't have a hardship or following work, change of operations.

have to cover all the bases here for the BC clowns.
That would be nice too I would be down south by now and not stuck in New York

R1wonder

You need to stop taking thing so personal on here man.
Hard when ppl all talk like I started yesterday. This was one simple suggestion I felt was needed in the next contract . Apparently everyone else is cool with it though and it’s just me. When I request a day off I’d like a yes or no answer , then I can make said plans . I was just told yesterday I can’t have halloween off : so that’s now the second time this year I’ve been told to go :censored2: Off in an exact two week notice

But this time I’m calling in

Hard when ppl all talk like I started yesterday. This was one simple suggestion I felt was needed in the next contract . Apparently everyone else is cool with it though and it’s just me. When I request a day off I’d like a yes or no answer , then I can make said plans . I was just told yesterday I can’t have halloween off : so that’s now the second time this year I’ve been told to go :censored2: Off in an exact two week notice

The very reason I don't ask for a day off. I just get paid early May for my 2 optional days.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

you can't be nice with ups supes.

nWo

Full timers didn't care enough to turn in their contract survey. Will they care enough to vote?

AKCoverMan

I'd like better language on our roving holidays. I'm sure every supplement is different, my local is 2 weeks notice and they can deny the day. This needs to be changed . None of us can make plans knowing our day can be denied within two weeks.
Agreed, and this is also something to bring up on your local level. In our local an “option day” has to be requested at least five days in advance and there are specific numbers that are to be allowed off. Not perfect but sounds better than your situation. If it’s available they have to approve.

I learned that it’s a good idea to understand the attendance system and use it to your advantage. Sometimes there is something you need to be at and you can’t get the day.. I tell my center manager straight up that I need to Call In.. and I don’t use sick if I’m not sick it’s still an attendance occurrence but can’t come at me with “dishonesty“. If you can keep your attendance at 1-2 occurrences in a rolling nine month period you can take an important day when you need to and your like Teflon.

But if you call in sick on a Friday every other month then suddenly you need a scheduled day off and can’t get it….well don’t worry every 1 day suspension I’ve seen handed out has never been served!

R1wonder

I didn’t attend work on Halloween. I have days and used them. I’m jealous of whatever hub is first come first serve . Even with my 18/19 years I feel that’s how it should be . Do vaca bids . Then if ya need days off it’s first to ask . But being able to be told know two weeks ahead is bs

I didn’t attend work on Halloween. I have days and used them. I’m jealous of whatever hub is first come first serve . Even with my 18/19 years I feel that’s how it should be . Do vaca bids . Then if ya need days off it’s first to ask . But being able to be told know two weeks ahead is bs
It's by seniority. Not first come first serve.

Come on man. ...

AKCoverMan

Well, there does need to be some amount of “first come, first served” with scheduling individual days off. Initially it has to be by seniority but after annual vacation bidding is over remaining available slots can be requested.

If I request an available option day a month in advance and make plans a more senior driver can’t decide a week out that he is going to bump me off my option day,

R1wonder

Well, there does need to be some amount of “first come, first served” with scheduling individual days off. Initially it has to be by seniority but after annual vacation bidding is over remaining available slots can be requested.

If I request an available option day a month in advance and make plans a more senior driver can’t decide a week out that he is going to bump me off my option day,
What I feel also but as you can read here it’s just a bunch of idiots who blabber about seniority . I have quite a bit with my 19 years but if someone asks before me , to a certain extent, I’d be fine . Even if it changed from this 2 week crap to maybe a month .