Contract talks

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Besides all that volume shippers like Amazon are giving directly to USPS.

That's the whole premise behind the Amazon jets. It's not necessarily to deliver it themselves, it so they can get it to a metro area and hand it off to the cheapest carrier, usually the post office.

Would that explain why all of the trucks I load have large amounts of packages going to usps? Always wondered why they did that. Is it cheaper for ups to just pass on a bunch of packages to them?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Would that explain why all of the trucks I load have large amounts of packages going to usps? Always wondered why they did that. Is it cheaper for ups to just pass on a bunch of packages to them?
Those are probably sure post packages. We are much quicker from point A to B. So for shippers it is cheaper to and faster to have us go from one city to the other while having the post office finish the final mile delivery. This is volume we probably would have lost if we didn't offer it to our shippers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

there will be no focus because neither side wants a strike nor a discussing on how to address major issues. they will keep status qua.

Two tiered wages for new FT hires is an eventuality, whether it be in 2018 or 2023, and is not enough to warrant a strike. UPSers have a bad habit of selling out future employees.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The focus this time will be on the pay inequality between ourselves and Ground.

Two tiered wages for new FT hires is an eventuality, whether it be in 2018 or 2023, and is not enough to warrant a strike. UPSers have a bad habit of selling out future employees.

As usual you show you know nothing of what you talk about when it comes to the contract or union issues.

You're wrong

Orion inc.

I like turtles
He isn't wrong ups will try, I just don't think the union will allow it

They've been trying it every contract and it gets thrown out every time. That's what Dave doesn't get. But he has such a hard on for FedEx ground that he wishes ups would be that way after HE retires