Contractor Grievances

Cementups

Box Monkey
File on them all the time. We added a new sleeper run in our local based on the contractors that were coming on a regular. Our BA is on the national panel and says it is being brought to concern at national soon. If you have drivers in the hub not workign and contractors (or even out of center sleepers who are scheduled empties) taking loads that could be run by a run, file and the highest available driver should be getting paid on those.

Son of ORION

Yes last time I saw a few on property and I called up my ba to notify him about the situation.

I'm not sure whatever happened but they never came back.
Can any Union member file a grievance for this?? let’s say a part timer or package driver, I thought that only someone from feeders can file this kind of grievance

Can any Union member file a grievance for this?? let’s say a part timer or package driver, I thought that only someone from feeders can file this kind of grievance
I honestly do not know who can file , I was saying it would be a feeder driver because that's their work.
But when I see something out of the ordinary I take pictures and send them to my BA

Nah
I doubt you'd get paid for it, but any union member should be able to file on any contract violation.

Thebrownblob

I’ve seen a few over the past week. I just don’t understand how they get away with this. A union company giving away union work, to people who don’t even work here. Makes no sense.
I know it’s crazy we gotta stay on top of it if you see them file a grievance or call your local union officials and Stewards, make them do something.

Cowboy Mac

I’ve seen a few over the past week. I just don’t understand how they get away with this. A union company giving away union work, to people who don’t even work here. Makes no sense.
Please file. Find out who the feeder union stewards are and tell them what’s going on. Get trailer numbers, date and time, and Contractor names if possible.