Cool, got the Feeder call

Maple7

Just got the call to go feeder. HR says class will start in August or September. In package im scheduled for vacation the last week of September. Already paid for a trip to Hawaii with the girlfriend (hopefully fiancee when I come back). My question is if I go feeder do I keep that vacation? I know I bid as a feeder driver once I get there but Im crossing my fingers I keep my package vaca till the end of the year. Working in Oregon if that helps any. Thanks!

Last edited:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My question is if I go feeder do I keep that vacation? I know I bid as a feeder driver once I get there but Im crossing my fingers I keep my package vaca till the end of the year.
That's a good question. If you were going from inside part time to full time driver you'd lose your vaca completely, but since you're already full time and just changing classification and work area, you'd keep your vacation weeks, but no clue if you'd have to pick them again or not.

Johney

Here you keep your vacation until certified then you pick from feeder schedule. Now if they call you to go to school the same time as vacation then if you skip school I believe you have to wait for the next class. Then you may get passed by others.

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
We have a guy 2 weeks out of school on vacation this week, as long as it's not during the two week training you should be golden.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Just got the call to go feeder. HR says class will start in August or September. In package im scheduled for vacation the last week of September. Already paid for a trip to Hawaii with the girlfriend (hopefully fiancee when I come back). My question is if I go feeder do I keep that vacation? I know I bid as a feeder driver once I get there but Im crossing my fingers I keep my package vaca till the end of the year. Working in Oregon if that helps any. Thanks!
You keep any vacation you've already bid, they can't take that away. Next bid you will bid with feeders.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Feeder call? They hang these outside the Dunkin Donuts now?
image.jpg

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I went into feeders in April.. I think. They let all of us keep our vacations. We got paid out though, not sure why, but we still were able to take what we had. Do not ask if you can take your vacation, TELL them you are on vacation that week.

raceanoncr

They do it differently here now but when I went from p/c to feeders (to cover vacations, options, etc), I said, "Oh, by the way, I have vacation scheduled on blah, blah, blah."..

They: "Not anymore, you don't. You take vacations when all feeders is done."

What'dyabringmetoday???

In my area you would keep your scheduled vacations. When you get up there think about sticking to a good diet and exercise schedule.
Also consider a larger wallet. And maybe some of those teeth whitener strips to make that smile shine. And some tissues to wipe the tears of laughter as you watch the delivery guys suffer. And a pillow to enjoy the long naps. I think you get the point. Real men are in the feeder department. The rest pretend that it isn't for them.

margaritaville

I would lose your vacation for feeder. Heres why: I got called in june for fulltime package car. But i had a vacation so skipped it since i knew they would call again. But now its almost august and all these less senority noobs that took the class are on training routes getting senority above me. I just i sit here ripping my hair out waiting for another class. They will always get to bid routes over me and take vacation over me just cause i wanted one last vacation before fulltime.

Not worth it in my opinion. Senority is everything here and that one person you let go ahead of you could haunt you 10 years later by getting a daytime feeder route over a nighttime. Granted you could not pass feeder and miss your vacation. But senority rules and i think youll regret it if you dont go.

anonymousupsman

Are you in Portland feeder now? So am I, and the dates match up from when I started lol