cop for a day

DS

Fenderbender
As a ups driver I see so many boneheads every day doing stupid things.Failure to stop,signal,give right of way.I swear I could increase revenue to any city by 300% in one day.
If it was illegal to drive while talking on your cell,that would be 600%.I wish that they would deputize us and let us ups drivers be cops for a day.

satellitedriver

As a ups driver I see so many boneheads every day doing stupid things.Failure to stop,signal,give right of way.I swear I could increase revenue to any city by 300% in one day.
If it was illegal to drive while talking on your cell,that would be 600%.I wish that they would deputize us and let us ups drivers be cops for a day.
DS, cops carry guns.
UPS won't let us.
PAX

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I delivered to the police station so i was always giving them plate numbers and such.

Good idea!! Cops never did anything about it, did they? I walk home late at night on a 2 lane each direction thoroughfare in Denver. I've lost track of the number of times I've seen people I suspect of drag-racing on this street. Speed limit is 35 and it looks like they are doing 60+ sometimes. The one time I called the dispatcher said they couldn't do jack because a cop hadn't seen it... -Rocky

LKLND3380

What about drivers using their elbows to steer while typing on the diad?:scared:

rod

Retired 22 years
then you could shoot your worst customers. wouldn't that be fun. :) Actually it would never work because to be hired as a UPS/cop driver you would have to have one of those "I am better than anyone else because I can carry a gun and intimidate everyone" personalities. UPS drivers on the average are way too nice and mellow.

Griff

The one thing that always pushed my button was the car full of kids with no seatbelts on. I delivered to the police station so i was always giving them plate numbers and such.

A hallway monitor in brown, hilarious. Too much time on your hands, sounds like you need more stops. If they want to die in a car accident, that's their right.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
I did call in a "Drunk" driver the other day because I saw him drinking and driving. Right AFTER I hung up with the State Police..Driver runs a lady off the road causing her to go into the woods....

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Oh man, I could't agree more! The amount of crazy shenanigans I see going down on a daily basis is just phenomenal. By far the most common denominator in this nonsense is people talking on the phone while driving. Why more places don't have laws against this is beyond comprehension. Though it is interesting to note that pretty much every police officer I see driving around is inevitably yakking on his/her phone . . . maybe that's why.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Oh Man the things you can see from up high.
People drinking big old cans of colt 45, miller, rolling joints, smoking pot, smoking pipes, fighting, hitting each other, kids in back seats and in front standing, while Mom smokes a cig and yaks on her phone, its a holy freaking nightmare. While cell phones are the worst, there is so much crap going on yes we could be a cop for a day, trouble is we wouldnt be able to deliver. Just think of the things you see at houses! While I realize some may not be lucky enough to view all of them, most see plenty of them. Open a door and get hit by a wall of pot smoke with little kids running around in diapers, kids that dont go to school, kids that are being home schooled by people who cant sign their name.
I think home school is great if the people doing it have a clue. Some, most I see are doing it for the free computer and the free internet access. And what will happen with these kids a few years down the road.
Houses that smell like cat urine, and are in deplorable condition. Kids running around among animal feces on the floors.
But it seems we live in a society where we just want to throw money at them and dont actually care how the money we give them is being utilized. From what I see no one is using it as a tool to do better, just to fall deeper into an abyss. And there is no check and balance.
Dont even get me started, problem is cops are hog tied, no wonder they say screw it and go to the donut shop. They are forced to be so politically correct, til something bad happens , they cant do a thing. So never mind I dont want to be a cop for a day. But if I could and do things the way they should be done Id hang up my browns and wear blues and kick some butt.

Sammie

Oh Man the things you can see from up high.
Dont even get me started, problem is cops are hog tied, no wonder they say screw it and go to the donut shop. They are forced to be so politically correct, til something bad happens , they cant do a thing. So never mind I dont want to be a cop for a day.

I wouldn't mind giving it a shot for a day if I could do some good and put away a worthless troublemaker or two. Like the old saying goes,...

""You've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? Go ahead, make my day...."
:sneaky2:

SmithBarney

Doing what??

Well short story shorter...

Cops show up at grocery, kids kinda look suspicious coming out..(then run once they hit the corner of the building
cops come out, I ask if they are looking for 3 juvi's, then I point the went thata way...

I think they were shoplifting or something, they got them around the corner..
it was funny when the guy started running... he was in no shape to be chasing 3 kids
that had a 1/2 block head start

SmithBarney

When you say UPS at a Resi delivery and they think you just said INS...
and its a sig required... and they won't come to the door... ;)

DS

Fenderbender
Thanks to STUG who brought this thread back to life.
FromBlueToBrown....not anymore with telematics....
gee cachsux enjoyed deleting posts as a mod eh:wink2: