Copying UPS yet again... Redirect to WAG after 1st resi DEX8. (on topic)

It will be fine

Worst "service" ever. I had UPS do this to me during peak. They showed up a day late on a 2 day air package and then said they were delivering it to a dry cleaners the next town over. Had to spend 30 mins on the phone to get them to deliver to my house. Awful experience.

Oldfart

I would be VERY surprised if that happens. We abandoned only doing 2 attempts years ago after about a month due to customer complaints. I can't see Walgreens agreeing to that due to the time and space involved. Their photo area is not designed for a steady stream of Fdx customers wanting to pu packages. I leave 3 or 4 a week there now. Just imagine if they had 10 a day to process.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yep. Heard it thru the grapevine. redirecting to walgreens after first delivery attempt.... woo.
A friend of mine who works at a station in Texas has been doing that since last year.

Correction... they’ve been taking them to Fedex Office after a first attempt for the last year.

dezguy

Yep. Heard it thru the grapevine. redirecting to walgreens after first delivery attempt.... woo.
Been doing that here for years now. Customers don't seem to like it very much; having to drive across town to get their delivery when we used to make two attempts but FedEx doesn't care. All about that $.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
A friend of mine who works at a station in Texas has been doing that since last year.

Correction... they’ve been taking them to Fedex Office after a first attempt for the last year.
Correct. Walgreens at customer request. Mixed response from customers. We were a test market, must be time to expand the concept.

Star B

White Lightening
Correct. Walgreens at customer request. Mixed response from customers. We were a test market, must be time to expand the concept.
Well, we've been doing walgreens at customer request since... well... since WAG was announced. but it sounds like once you dex8 and tag a door, it will pop up a new stop (or add it to an existing stop) at the closest walgreens...

DeliveryException

It's been that way for around a year here. If you have a FXO/Walgreens close to or on your route an option in the power pad shows up that says redirect to hold or something. Not all packages have the option though, like businesses. We can't redirect at&t, Apple and some others mostly cell phones either.

When you use the option to redirect it will even print a label to put on special doortags with the address where it's going and the hours open.

McFeely

Huge Member
I drop all my 3-attempt resi packages at Walgreens if they live in town. Saves them a trip to the station (which is further away).

I end up picking up a handful of those left at Walgreens after they've gone stale. Not my problem the customer doesn't want their ish.

floridays

What business can survive if they aren't worried about making money?
Gotta provide your service to make the money however. Fedex is a delivery service correct? Are we going to turn into a drop it off and you come pick it up service? If that is the case, I have no idea what you get via US mail, would you be okay going to the post office each day so they can survive?

floridays

I drop all my 3-attempt resi packages at Walgreens if they live in town. Saves them a trip to the station (which is further away).

I end up picking up a handful of those left at Walgreens after they've gone stale. Not my problem the customer doesn't want their ish.
That is actually a service to your customer. Nice job.

You did mean after 3rd attempt? If not, attempt delivery first is your job.

Oldfart

Gotta provide your service to make the money however. Fedex is a delivery service correct? Are we going to turn into a drop it off and you come pick it up service? If that is the case, I have no idea what you get via US mail, would you be okay going to the post office each day so they can survive?
We provided our service when we made our 1st attempt. The profit margin is so small that we are basically losing money on every reattempt. Just think about how many employees are involved with send agains. That is why we tried 2 attempts years ago. I know there have been discussions over the years to charge for 2nd and 3rd attempts but that never happened. I don't know the answers but I wouldn't mind 1 attempt and then make it a hold.

floridays

We provided our service when we made our 1st attempt. The profit margin is so small that we are basically losing money on every reattempt. Just think about how many employees are involved with send agains. That is why we tried 2 attempts years ago. I know there have been discussions over the years to charge for 2nd and 3rd attempts but that never happened. I don't know the answers but I wouldn't mind 1 attempt and then make it a hold.
I haven't delivered a package for years, had absolutely no idea it was down to one attempt. The last time I touched a package on a route it was 3 attempts then it was rts. You guys have it really easy these days.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We provided our service when we made our 1st attempt. The profit margin is so small that we are basically losing money on every reattempt. Just think about how many employees are involved with send agains.
That is true.

What's ridiculous is the fact someone got the bright idea to incorporate signature required with Express Saver. That should have been an all-bets-are-off type of service. That's were the most money is lost.

Oldfart

That is true.

What's ridiculous is the fact someone got the bright idea to incorporate signature required with Express Saver. That should have been an all-bets-are-off type of service. That's were the most money is lost.
Customers pay for the extra service so we offer it. I don't think we should exclude 1 service for the DSR, ISR, ASR surcharge.

Oldfart

I haven't delivered a package for years, had absolutely no idea it was down to one attempt. The last time I touched a package on a route it was 3 attempts then it was rts. You guys have it really easy these days.
Where did you get the idea we were down to 1 attempt? The original post said it was a rumor. The only 1 attempt service I am aware of is Employee Discount and Non-rev.

floridays

Where did you get the idea we were down to 1 attempt? The original post said it was a rumor. The only 1 attempt service I am aware of is Employee Discount and Non-rev.
We provided our service when we made our 1st attempt.

That is where I got it from, Your service is provided after it is delivered or 3 attempts are made. That is why I said 1 attempt was new to me. You don't need to worry about profit margins, you only need to worry about delivering the package, up to and including 3 attempts if that's what it takes. When that happens then your service is completed.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It was the same corporate overlords that screamed couriers were spending too much time onroad, that required 3 and sometimes 4 reattempts. As their comprehension levels slowly attained courier equivalency, they came up with the "one and done" plan.
Actually, the 1 attempt and redirect to FXO has to be within a specific radius, of what we were told was 3 miles. The customer had the option of having us retrieve and reattempt as long as they signed an electronic release. Sounds better that way.

floridays

It was the same corporate overlords that screamed couriers were spending too much time onroad, that required 3 and sometimes 4 reattempts. As their comprehension levels slowly attained courier equivalency, they came up with the "one and done" plan.
Actually, the 1 attempt and redirect to FXO has to be within a specific radius, of what we were told was 3 miles. The customer had the option of having us retrieve and reattempt as long as they signed an electronic release. Sounds better that way.
Thank you Sir, a lot has changed since I was on road.