Coretta Scott King

brownhorn

upsace said:
The Presidents should not have been there anyway. They are supposed to represent all the people. Martin and Coretta were just a couple of racists.

Did this quote just fly under the radar? What an asinine statement! I think the racists might have been the people who arrested Rosa Parks for refusing to move to the back of the bus, or who turned water hoses and police dogs on to people marching for the rights guaranteed to them in the Constitution. Upsace? More like UPS ASSS.

tieguy

Banned
I always thought Coretta was a nice lady but never really considered her much of a force in the fight for equality. Perhaps because she did not grandstand as much as many of the other black leadership.

Martin Luther King I grew up on and remember being deeply upset at his death when i was 8 years old. What a cowardly way to disagree with someones politics by sniping them from the bushes. Eh Susan? Perhaps we can agree on this one?

tieguy

Banned
upsace said:
The Presidents should not have been there anyway. They are supposed to represent all the people. Martin and Coretta were just a couple of racists.

Then they should have been there.

I need a little help here I'm going blank a quote that states

what you do to one of me you do to all of me?

Wouldn't it be logical to take that concept a little further and say

when you fight injustice against one of the human race your fight is for the entire human race?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Of all the descriptions of Carter, I guess this one was the best ever:

A former president, a softly gray-haired and chronically dyspeptic gentleman who seems to have judged the world to be just barely deserving of his presence

Funny how wild bill tried to make something sexual about here lying there in the casket.

And give it to ol Hil, cant hide that anger! What a woman!

UPS ACE, I guess we need to consider the source when dealing with your comments? I would also guess you are racist?

d

Last edited:

wily_old_vet

[quote

UPS ACE, I guess we need to consider the source when dealing with your comments? I would also guess you are racist?

d[/quote]

Danny, if he's not he's making a damn good imitation of one.