Corporations / Citizens

newfie

lol. capitalism is an imperfect system which deserves to be critiqued regardless if you profit off of it or not.

the problem may be that your examples are profiting off that critique. it puts the integrity of their critique into question

rickyb

the problem may be that your examples are profiting off that critique. it puts the integrity of their critique into question
im not sure taibbi is in favor of replacing capitalism with something better. he may just want to reform capitalism.

rickyb

from that david cay johnston video that i linked to:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-aNyalwY5R...1600/bailouts-vs-welfareReuters-07Oct2011.jpg

the $15 trillion in government bailouts to wall street could have paid for the following programs for x number of years

women / infant / child nutrition for 2200 years
head start for 2000 years
child health insurance program for 1800 years
temporary assistance to needy families 840 years
pell grants for 430 years
etc.

whenever someone says the government is broke, put on the brakes. this is a way of lowering expectations. the government usually finds the money for wall street and war.

wkmac

The real problem is the corporate government vs the citizen.

I think before one can begin to critique the concept of Corporations and to understand their place in the current situation, one might best serve themselves in beginning to understanding the history of the subject being discussed.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'm pleased to announce that instead of fighting the system I have joined with the enemy .
As of tomorrow I will have officially incorporated myself .
I will be just another faceless and uncaring corporation that will be seeking tax breaks and gov't handouts to further line my pockets .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm pleased to announce that instead of fighting the system I have joined with the enemy .
I will be just another faceless and uncaring corporation that will be seeking tax breaks and gov't handouts to further line my pockets .
You'd be better off starting a church, that's where the real racket is.

newfie

eb6.jpg

newfie

welcome to the dark side. once you have successfully made your billions remember a few well placed words admonishing the greed in this country will be all you need to absolve yourself of any guilt. :)

@stupidhollywoodstarlets
@stupidmediapersonalities