Costco Spat with Coke goes public

klein

Für Meno :)
Don't worry. Tie is in a time warp, from his out of space trips.
28 years, plus school, and 2 or 3 years doing other things, don't add up to 128 years.

tieguy

Banned
Don't worry. Tie is in a time warp, from his out of space trips.
28 years, plus school, and 2 or 3 years doing other things, don't add up to 128 years.

I might be in a time warp but you didn't answer the timeline question instead you threw in two new ventures of your that you have done in your life. Me thinks though art evasive.

Your getting interesting because every single time a new thread pops you chime in that you are the boards resident expert in that arena with oodles of experience.

tieguy

Banned
I never lived in Florida, I spent a 5 week vacation there before, thats it.
daytrading while I was working nights at the dairy. I also had my own website selling computers online.
I was doing well. Actually , too well, that I quit my fulltime job at the dairy.
Then the bubble bursted.
And my brother 180 miles away in Edmonton (thats why I'm here now), instead of Calgary.
Had this idea, of us joining together and having a small convience store.
So, at that time, with stocks going down the drain and web selling going down the drain, I agreed to invest money and start a business.
That didn't go well either. He was a very bad business partner.
The worst you could imagine. I never thought any one could be as lazy as he was.
I walked out, lost over 20K on that, but had my feedom back.

Then I got into sameday courier.
But, that didn't pay well, so, I went back into the dairy, what pays good, and what I know best. (already with 22 years experince at the time).
Got another 6years here at Lucerne Milk in Edmonton.
But shiftwork takes a toll. UPS was right accross the street, with a big billboard up, HIRING.
Thought, that would be neat... no more night work, no more weekends.
Money wasn't a factor anymore.
Willing to work for less, for decent hrs...

And, this is where I stand now.

Lets see looks like you'll be adding

dairy farmer

selling computers online

same day courier etc.

to your timeline. Let me guess you're going to try to tie together your 120 years of jobs together by claiming you worked nights and one job while working the other during the day? Is that it Klein. You going for the superman that never sleeps defense?

klein

Lets see looks like you'll be adding

dairy farmer

selling computers online

same day courier etc.

to your timeline. Let me guess you're going to try to tie together your 120 years of jobs together by claiming you worked nights and one job while working the other during the day? Is that it Klein. You going for the superman that never sleeps defense?

No, I never worked at a farm ! City dairy is another story !
Same day courier, I started while we had the grocery store (didn't make enough money, we had the van - so I put it to work).
My former website had actually a really good name:
pconlinesales.com (was my own).
I sold exclusively to the US.
Couldn't find a computer company here, that was willing to give me enough commision.
So, I sold Wondertech, and earthcomputers mostly.
Aj may remember Wondertech, they were Wisconsin based.
Both companies were in computer financing and sales.
During that time, yes, I did daytrade. Since, my work was at home and mostly on computer or phone.
I also had a good monthly income from "alladvantage.com" At times over $1000 US per month, because I had thousands of referrals.
$1000 US was back then about $1500 cdn.

And thats why I quit my 14 years at Dairyland in Calgary.
Yes, it all started while I was on steady night shift, and I would go home, do my internet and daytrading, then head to bed at 3pm (stockmarket closes at 14:30 here, mountain time).
Sleep 7 hrs, and go do my nightshift.
Like I said, with awesome revenues comming in thru online computer sales, the net and stocks, I found it no longer neccesary to go to work nights.

But then the techbubble bursted only after 2 years.
Alladvantage went belly up, and my online computer sales fell.
Thats when I took a break, went to Florida for 5 weeks.
While I was there, my brother would often call me, to start his retail business with him. I denied him soo many times.
But, eventually , as I got back, tech never rebounded, my portfolie was dropping, so I caved in, and moved to Edmonton to "buy" me a job.

Anyways, don't even know, why I'm sending you a Resume.
It's non of your business.
But, is was a good part of my life.
I even hired a lady to answer my phone and take applications from those computer sales (was getting too much for me , alone).
She worked from her own home as well. (I would use call forwarding on my 1-877 toll free number).

P

pickup

Klein has more stories if you are interested.:happy-very:

one of the many adventure of Commander Klein McBragg

Commander McBragg - Fish Story

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Same day courier, I started while we had the grocery store (didn't make enough money, we had the van - so I put it to work).
Couldn't find a computer company here, that was willing to give me enough commision.
During that time, yes, I did daytrade. Since, my work was at home and mostly on computer or phone.
I also had a good monthly income from "alladvantage.com" At times over $1000 US per month, because I had thousands of referrals.

Yes, it all started while I was on steady night shift, and I would go home, do my internet and daytrading, then head to bed at 3pm (stockmarket closes at 14:30 here, mountain time).
Like I said, with awesome revenues comming in thru online computer sales, the net and stocks, I found it no longer neccesary to go to work nights.

While I was there, my brother would often call me, to start his retail business with him. I denied him soo many times.
But, eventually , as I got back, tech never rebounded, my portfolie was dropping, so I caved in, and moved to Edmonton to "buy" me a job.

I even hired a lady to answer my phone and take applications from those computer sales (was getting too much for me , alone).
She worked from her own home as well. (I would use call forwarding on my 1-877 toll free number).
You guys have Klein against the ropes now, what will happen next? To be continued after Klein's vacation.

Klein has more stories if you are interested.:happy-very:

one of the many adventure of Commander Klein McBragg

YouTube- Commander McBragg - Fish Story
LOL, nice video. You think this is where they came up with MacGuyver?

tieguy

Banned

I have to remember that you are canadian and may not understand the use of the word timeline.

Ever look for a job?
Ever submit a resume of your work experience.
How about a post where you list all of the many jobs that have done over the years in resume format.
I'm dying to see how you mastered so many skills in such a short life span.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I worked in fluid plants for over 28 years (bottling).

So you are saying you had the job of watching guys pee in a cup for drug tests?

No wait, putting milk in a bottle is exactly like producing coke, so that makes you the expert?

Oh I'm sure the small retailer, like lunch trucks, corner stores, gas stations, will switch to Costco pop, and not sell coke anymore, because Costco doesn't carry it.
Corner stores and gas stations get their delivery by the company truck. Except of course your grocery store.......maybe if you had let the delivery companies deliver their stuff instead of buying it somewhere else and trying to resell it......

Personally, I don't like Pepsi.
Bought it once ,
What a mistake I made.
Ive tasted Canadian Pepsi, and I personally know how Pepsi is supposed to taste. Your Canadian crap is not Pepsi. Believe me.

What a mistake I made.
I know, we have been trying to tell you that for the last year. You posted at least twice in just this one thread that you make big mistakes, but you still dont get it.

And Tropicana (coke owned) is the best oj, money can buy, in my opinion.
Thats because you have never tasted the real thing. Again, I know what orange juice tastes like, and it aint tropicana. Not even close.
</SPAN>
Those are good union jobs, even pay double time for OT.

I usually worked an extra day per week, and that alone was $500 gross extra per week.
Another stupid mistake, having a job that makes you almost 2 grand a week and day trading it away. Glad you dont run my 401K.....

Prove me wrong,
WE have, on so many occasions. But you choose not to listen.

I made a mistake saying "all" .
Can't believe I made such a typo and mistake.
Well dear Klein, about 3/4 of all your posts then contain typos, because you are mistaken in so many......

Costco is the worst in customer service, atleast this city it is.
Long line ups, even if the store is empty.
(they will get cashiers to do other things)...

Most awlful place I have ever shopped at.

Could be different where you reside.
But, here, they are terrible
Really? Another shining example where the USA beats Canada hands down.
Learn from US.
Is that where the multi-tasking started? You know, starting happy hour before you punch out?

Like I said, with awesome revenues comming in thru online computer sales, the net and stocks, I found it no longer neccesary to go to work nights
Did so good on the side, no longer needed that job that was bringing in 2 grand a week. Is that what you are telling us.

All I can say is as much money as you have claimed to have made in your 30 plus years of endeavor, why did you feel the need to work at ups?

And I guess after a life style of burning money, unemployment is keeping you supplied with everything you want?

Klein, you are my hero. I wanna grow up to be just like you.

NOT.

d

klein

I have to remember that you are canadian and may not understand the use of the word timeline.

Ever look for a job?
Ever submit a resume of your work experience.
How about a post where you list all of the many jobs that have done over the years in resume format.
I'm dying to see how you mastered so many skills in such a short life span.

No , we get hired here without resumes.
And therefor, won't tell you much more of mine.
Short lifespan ? I'm turning 49 soon.

And no, didn't work at one single company for 30+ years.

Even though DS warned me not to do this.
I'm proud of what I archieved, working hard, long hrs , 7 days a week.
Is to where it got me today.
That answers D question, too.

I'm not happy, until I earn big bucks.
Pissing away $2000, (was actually $1500), a week working nights was no problem.
I made that in a day at home.

And who gives a darn, if I now collect unemployment ?
I paid much more into it, then I can ever collect.

I pay for kids going to school that I never had.
I pay more taxes year, by year, by year, because I'm single, and subsidize families.
And the list goes on.

And Dannyboy, why the hell are you still working ? Rich $3000 pension, and still owning a business ?
I guess, it makes you lowlife , like myself.

And btw. : Don't know how it is in the states.
But pepsi and cola charge a local corner store more for thier product, then they can buy it on sale at grocery stores.
Here, you'll see many vans going to Costco and other wholesalers to buy coke for thier store.
LIke I said, could be different there.

Another thing :
My goal is to buy a condo in the US, so I can enjoy the best of 2 worlds.
But, ofcourse , I need money for that. But , it is my goal.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
No , we get hired here without resumes.
And therefor, won't tell you much more of mine.
Short lifespan ? I'm turning 49 soon.

Ok so during which 28 years of your 49 years were you bottling?

How many years did you work for ups?

And no, didn't work at one single company for 30+ years.

Apparently not since you have traveled all over the world in addition to your 120 years of work experience.

Even though DS warned me not to do this.
I'm proud of what I archieved, working hard, long hrs , 7 days a week.
Is to where it got me today.
That answers D question, too.

Your telling me DS warned you to not work hard and long?

I'm not happy, until I earn big bucks.
I made that in a day at home.

This would be when you were working all night and either running your and daytrading? Superman working 24 hours a day? Now as this story unwinds I find that you apparently used your economics education to successfully daytrade. But then the market turned sour in 1999 and according to you , you then had to get out of daytrading. Yet someone with your advanced economics training you did not apparently understand how to invest during a market downturn? Why not continue daytrading only shorting the stocks?

I can't appeal to your pride if you don't have any. Moving on.

With your unemployment money? Or does this mean you're collecting unemployment when you don't need it. Silly me I thought unemployment was for people that needed it to live.

I pay more taxes year, by year, by year, because I'm single, and subsidize families.
And the list goes on.

More "look at me I'm a master of all domains" rhetoric. But yet with your wealth and your ability to quit your night job you somehow felt the need to go hump cardboard for ups?

And Dannyboy, why the hell are you still working ? Rich $3000 pension, and still owning a business ?
I guess, it makes you lowlife , like myself.

what does Danny collecting a pension he earned and working hard in his business have to do with someone living off the public coffers?

Are you telling us you are running a successful business and collecting unemployment?

klein

Yup, if someone had a million dollars in thier bank account, but worked away, and got laid off. He would be entitled to Unemployment here as well.

Maybe America is different ?
If you own your own house, no bennies, I guess ?

Stockmarket closes at 14:30 mountain time.
How many times do i have to tell you that ????

I had plenty of hrs left to sleep.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Oh Sweet Klein

Which means small in German, doesn't it? ....but I guess you already knew that, being the world traveler you are.......

See, here in the states, we are not taxed to death like you Cannucks. We have had some good government bodies that understood econ 101. Government sucks out money from the economy, but when you let those that earn it spend it, it turns over 7 more times before it gets removed from the economy.

So the less we tax each individual, the more people now have new jobs and can pay tax, which raises the tax base even more.

Kinda like charities. Its nice to get someone to kick in a cool million. But they would rather go to a million people and have them each kick in 40 bucks each.

Unfortunately, the Prez we have now does not have a clue. He wants to be just like you all...........

But you want to turn it all over to your gooberment so you can be taken care of cradle to grave, thats fine. Just dont come looking for a handout here. We have enough deadbeats from south of the border already, dont need any from the north.

As for working, why not make money doing something I enjoy and excel at? That way, I can put aside my pension, and enjoy work. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I would still work, because I enjoy it.

I would ask you to try it, but you dont have the understanding needed. Kinda like telling someone that has never seen a computer what windows 8 is.

But I do find your ramblings entertaining on occasion. Rarely, but it has happened.

d

klein

oH great Danny Boy, but hate to tell you this (if you don't already know )..
America has the largest debt in the world (yes, even before Obama).
Has the largest debt by capita (also before Obama).
Has the worlds most personal debts, and the worlds most bankruptcies.
Personal and Business wise.

Maybe it's time to go with the flow, and and don't live iff credit ?
Can't and won't go on forever.

Get it all the tax cuts you want.
Thats a Reagan Policy.
He trippeld the national debt.
Biggest debt ever, in those times.

But, yes, give more money to the people, so they can go to Walmart and buy chinese goods.
Or a Japenese car.

The clothes you are wearing aren't even made in the US.

I tell you , pay back the debt, become fiscal responsible, and don't continue paying 10 cents of ever dollar just for interest !

You own a business. What would you do ?
Sell your goods cheaper, so customers can buy more of them ?
Even if you start going further and further into debt ?

Ever had a credit card ?
Wouldn't you wanna pay that off a.s.a.p ?
Won't work with selling more products at a price, that continues to put you more into debt each day.
The US interest payments are now killing you.

We will do the opposite. That is already known.
Once the stimlus is over and done with... we get a tax increase.
Every single party (all 4 of them in parlament), don't disagree.

Pay off debt, and live healthy again. Thats our motto.

tieguy

Banned
Yup, if someone had a million dollars in thier bank account, but worked away, and got laid off. He would be entitled to Unemployment here as well.

Ah the Klein story is a tantalizing one. Now we have the great Klein possessing a million dollars in his bank account collecting unemployment handouts. Did I recieve a few lectures from Klein on how greed ruined the world. Who knows the story here changes so much I can barely keep up. Turn the page more fantasy awaits.

Maybe America is different ?
If you own your own house, no bennies, I guess ?

I don't recall benifit packages being awarded with homes. Maybe you'll weave this one for me in the next chapter?

Stockmarket closes at 14:30 mountain time.
How many times do i have to tell you that ????

At which point a successful daytrader would do his research for the next day? Ah thats right you're the gifted one. No review of the markets results and planning required. No travel time to and from work required. No time to eat, crap, wash or sleep required. No time to go shopping for the basics required. Nope cause this is super Klein we are talking about.

I guess the 1430 close time prevented you from using your advanced economics training to successfully trade during a market downturn.
So you then decided to go hump cardboard for UPS. A hard physically demanding job. Could have gotten back into bottling with 28 years of experience but humping cardboard was your calling at that time.

I had plenty of hrs left to sleep.

Uh- huh yep. Guess I'll pop some popcorn this story is getting Soooo interesting.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
oH great Danny Boy, but hate to tell you this (if you don't already know )..
America has the largest debt in the world (yes, even before Obama).
Has the largest debt by capita (also before Obama).
Has the worlds most personal debts, and the worlds most bankruptcies.
Personal and Business wise.

Maybe it's time to go with the flow, and and don't live iff credit ?
Can't and won't go on forever.

Get it all the tax cuts you want.
Thats a Reagan Policy.
He trippeld the national debt.
Biggest debt ever, in those times.

But, yes, give more money to the people, so they can go to Walmart and buy chinese goods.
Or a Japenese car.

The clothes you are wearing aren't even made in the US.

I tell you , pay back the debt, become fiscal responsible, and don't continue paying 10 cents of ever dollar just for interest !

You own a business. What would you do ?
Sell your goods cheaper, so customers can buy more of them ?
Even if you start going further and further into debt ?

Ever had a credit card ?
Wouldn't you wanna pay that off a.s.a.p ?
Won't work with selling more products at a price, that continues to put you more into debt each day.
The US interest payments are now killing you.

We will do the opposite. That is already known.
Once the stimlus is over and done with... we get a tax increase.
Every single party (all 4 of them in parlament), don't disagree.

Pay off debt, and live healthy again. Thats our motto.
But you forgot one thing Klein, IT'S AMERICA and it's better than where you live. Another thing, when I vacation, it's always in AMERICA, you on the other hand, where are you vacationing, oh yeah, AMERICA!!!

klein

But you forgot one thing Klein, IT'S AMERICA and it's better than where you live. Another thing, when I vacation, it's always in AMERICA, you on the other hand, where are you vacationing, oh yeah, AMERICA!!!

Nope, actually almost went to Germany in October instead, but couldn't get a hold of my buddy.
He is comming here next year, anyways.

But yes... USA is to us, as Mexico is to you.
Much cheaper, then buying Euros.
Esspecially now.
Last time I was in Florida , I paid $1.50 cdn for a US$.
Now we are even steven (almost).

Which makes it a darn cheap vacation for me.

If you only stay in America for vacation, doesn't that get boring ?
You don't wanna see the rest of the world, ever ?

There are people around here, too. , that have never left the city. ;)

I like different cultures, different people, different food, (and beer), LOL

It's fun !

Tieboy :
I never said I was a millionare, ever !
You like to screw your words around, just like you do your numbers at work !
Fix them to your liking !

Research is easy, and info comes out during the day, not at night !
With subscribed live qoutes and live news releases you have the info instantly.
But, the gamble still remains, how the market will react to it.
Best bet : Look for how many bidders compared to sellers... more bidders, - price will go up. More sellers, goes down ofcourse.

And yes, I punched cardboard instead of working shifts and weekends.
My goal was always to retire at age 55.
So, I rather suffer now, and enjoy life later.
And, I'm still on track for that, once I get a job after xmas.

Last edited:
Don't forget to add this to your timeline.

we have you living in germany and canada and sometimes florida.

going to economics school

owning a small retail business

daytrading

driving for ups

28 years of bottling ?

This is getting interesting.

120 years of work and school experience?

Tie, I'm having the same thoughts...what a well rounded guy or a complete bs'er!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I made that in a day at home
Klein

You are full of *****e. First your math sucks. You claim that working one day overtime at 2X regular would increase your wages by $500. That means your regular wages were 250 a day, making your weekly haul before taxes 1875+ a week. But then you write, you made that in a day at home. So now your pulling in 10 grand a week?

Delusional.

Psst, hey numbnuts, its $3500 pension, and still owning a business. But then again, I never did run out before I punched out, to start happy hour either. And for sure I would never sit around day after day, collecting unemployment insurance, posting useless dribble on a website for employees of a company I was too stupid to work for.

Ah its all about you. Always has been, always will be.

But you see, you have not paid into unemployment, it is the employer that pays the premiums for that. Money you could be taking home, but instead, the gooberment makes the employer buy insurance from them in case your lazy carcass gets laid off. And as a self employed person pulling down 10 grand a week, you never did pay into the fund.

I pay more taxes year, by year, by year, because I'm single, and subsidize families
This brings up several issues that have been discussed behind the scenes. I guess since you seem perplexed at the fact you never had any kids, you have yet to realize that same sex unions do not produce children. I know things are dramatically different in Canada, but that is one rule that is pretty much universal.

Look at the bright side. You are not paying any taxes right now. You are a leach on society, part of the problem, not the solution. Things could be worse, you could be paying taxes for 18 million people that do not pay taxes like we do here.

d

klein

Klein

You are full of *****e. First your math sucks. You claim that working one day overtime at 2X regular would increase your wages by $500. That means your regular wages were 250 a day, making your weekly haul before taxes 1875+ a week. But then you write, you made that in a day at home. So now your pulling in 10 grand a week?

Delusional.

Psst, hey numbnuts, its $3500 pension, and still owning a business. But then again, I never did run out before I punched out, to start happy hour either.

Ah its all about you. Always has been, always will be.

But you see, you have not paid into unemployment, it is the employer that pays the premiums for that. Money you could be taking home, but instead, the gooberment makes the employer buy insurance from them in case your lazy carcass gets laid off. And as a self employed person pulling down 10 grand a week, you never did pay into the fund.

This brings up several issues that have been discussed behind the scenes. I guess since you seem perplexed at the fact you never had any kids, you have yet to realize that same sex unions do not produce children. I know things are dramatically different in Canada, but that is one rule that is pretty much universal.

Look at the bright side. You are not paying any taxes right now. You are a leach on society, part of the problem, not the solution. Things could be worse, you could be paying taxes for 18 million people that do not pay taxes like we do here.

d

Actually our system is totally different then yours.
Nope, employer doesn't pay unemployment insurance.
The employer does, with each weekly pay check !

No, didn't make my earnings on the net per week in 1 day !
Sometimes I did.
Heck if I did A good trade, I could be up 4-5K in a day.
But, also had bad ones.

Dairy paid $25 hr... all OT was double time.
4 days a week, with Wed, sat and sun off.
(4 x 10 hrs).
But, I usually worked the wednesday.
And OT on any given day on top of it.

If you want... google Canada unemployment insurance, it has several hundreds of millions in surplus.
Money , I paid into it, and all others, that didn't use it.

And btw : I still pay taxes on my insurance income, too !

If I had more time, I would scan you a paystub... from UPS.. or even the dairy... unemployment is taken form OUR pay checks !