Could Franchise Labor Ruling Effect FedEx Ground Franchise Model?

bbsam

Staff member
They'd still have to organize company by company. They couldn't just get 51% of a terminal. There would be a lot of drivers that aren't interested. It would be messy, I just don't see them taking on the challenge anytime soon.
Why would that be? Being co-employees would mean they are X employees as much as they are ours. No reason to go company by company.

It will be fine

Why would that be? Being co-employees would mean they are X employees as much as they are ours. No reason to go company by company.
It's hard getting good info on the case without a bunch of spin. From what I gather the teamsters want to negotiate with BFI over terms for Leadpoint's employees. BFI has it's own employees at the plant as well and I haven't seen mention of the teamsters representing them at the same time. So I'm reading it as Leadpoint's employees wanted representation not all workers at the plant. I could be wrong.

bbsam

Staff member
It's hard getting good info on the case without a bunch of spin. From what I gather the teamsters want to negotiate with BFI over terms for Leadpoint's employees. BFI has it's own employees at the plant as well and I haven't seen mention of the teamsters representing them at the same time. So I'm reading it as Leadpoint's employees wanted representation not all workers at the plant. I could be wrong.
I don't know either. But it seems the door is wide open with a ruling of co-employees.

OUMick

This will never happen. It would cripple too many large companies. All the people thinking they've really pulled one over on the IC's are fools. If by some chance it does happen, imagine how Fedex would screw the "little guy".

Bounty

This will never happen. It would cripple too many large companies. All the people thinking they've really pulled one over on the IC's are fools. If by some chance it does happen, imagine how Fedex would screw the "little guy".
??? Like benefits, overtime, lunch breaks and 401k

Bounty

If it does happen you won't be the genius you think you are.

OUMick

There is a saying in a little community I belong to. Never buy a Ferrari when the race team is not on top. They will spend all of their money on research for the race team. You have to know where and why the money is funneled to one place.

What would you do if you were the major franchises in this country and this ruling came down? I would (and so will they) start lobbying (paying people off). Remember when Microsoft got nailed for bundling explorer and I think word with Windows? They lost a big lawsuit yet somehow those products are still included in Windows. How did that happen? Hell now they include Office but only for 30 days then you have it downloaded but have to pay to use it.

Bounty I may not be a genius (even though the IQ test says I am) but I don't bury my head in the sand and overreact to every situation that pops up. As far as my decision making, I decided not to invest in Fedex routes and you did. So by all of your bitching you are the idiot not me.

OUMick

??? Like benefits, overtime, lunch breaks and 401k

I know quite a few contractors that offer all of these except health insurance (which I am assuming that's what you mean by benefits). I would imagine if you factored in the cost it would cheaper for the employee to go through healthcare.gove and get insurance than to have the contractor pay a portion. I could explain the details but I doubt you would comprehend. To make it simple the new health care laws have made it VERY difficult for a business that doesn't qualify for group coverage to offer health care.

Bounty

There is a saying in a little community I belong to. Never buy a Ferrari when the race team is not on top. They will spend all of their money on research for the race team. You have to know where and why the money is funneled to one place.

What would you do if you were the major franchises in this country and this ruling came down? I would (and so will they) start lobbying (paying people off). Remember when Microsoft got nailed for bundling explorer and I think word with Windows? They lost a big lawsuit yet somehow those products are still included in Windows. How did that happen? Hell now they include Office but only for 30 days then you have it downloaded but have to pay to use it.

Bounty I may not be a genius (even though the IQ test says I am) but I don't bury my head in the sand and overreact to every situation that pops up. As far as my decision making, I decided not to invest in Fedex routes and you did. So by all of your bitching you are the idiot not me.
Your a genius until the laws change.

OUMick

Your a genius until the laws change.

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension? Read what I wrote. I decided not to invest in Fedex routes. I also don't own any businesses that are franchises. So I am obviously one step ahead of you. I don't know how else to explain that to you. I can give you a call if you would like and speak really slow.

Worst case scenario for these large corporations is to pay off who they need to and restructure a bit. I'm pretty sure the people running these businesses have a little better idea how to handle this than "Oh the law changed now we're screwed".

Bounty

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension? Read what I wrote. I decided not to invest in Fedex routes. I also don't own any businesses that are franchises. So I am obviously one step ahead of you. I don't know how else to explain that to you. I can give you a call if you would like and speak really slow.

Worst case scenario for these large corporations is to pay off who they need to and restructure a bit. I'm pretty sure the people running these businesses have a little better idea how to handle this than "Oh the law changed now we're screwed".
You poor blind fool

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
There is a saying in a little community I belong to. Never buy a Ferrari when the race team is not on top.

Bounty I may not be a genius (even though the IQ test says I am)...

Bad sports analogy? Check.

False sense of superior intellect? Check.

Looks like Dano has a new username.

5WdPNBc.jpg

Last edited:

Bounty

So do you own routes or not? Your saying that you did not invest in routes and don't own a franchise. So what the hell are you talking about?

It will be fine

So do you own routes or not? Your saying that you did not invest in routes and don't own a franchise. So what the hell are you talking about?
He's not a contractor for FedEx. He was looking into it and decided against it. I guess he just enjoys making all you chicken littles look foolish.

OUMick

Bad sports analogy? Check.

False sense of superior intellect? Check.

Looks like Dano has a new username.

5WdPNBc.jpg

Well I can prove the Ferrari thing if you would like. I'll pm how but I'm sure you are able to sniff that out on your own. There is no false sense of superior intellect. It's just superior intellect. I pretty sure I match up with pretty favorably with bounty.