Couldn’t of said it better!

542thruNthru

Seriously, you take your shirt off during your lunch?? I’ve been here almost 35 years now, and that’s the first time I’ve ever heard that.

When I first went driving, they had a policy that you couldn’t wear your pants coming and going from the building. That was long before UPS shorts came about and when they laundered our pants. That was probably 25 years ago.

I take my shirt off when doing anything other then just eating lunch. For example I'll go into a bar sometimes to catch a couple inning of a baseball game and I always remove my shirt.

I'm not saying that he wouldn't get his job back but we've all seen UPS fire people for less. This time he's bashing his local and I know and you probably do as well that some locals can be petty when that happens.

We had 2 drivers fired when they got in a fight at a bar in their uniforms after work. Ever since then we have always been told that we can not wear our UPS shirts after work only in the service of our employer.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I did go to Facebook and there’s something that said those were his opinions and didn’t represent ups’ strategies, thoughts etc....wonder if that was added after the fact ...
Yes , I believe it was. smart move. But with UPS you could still get in trouble.

at the very least he just put a big target on his back with both the company and union.

BIG CAJONES

Last edited:

vvv

Yes , I believe it was. smart move. But with UPS you could still get in trouble.

at the very least he just put a big target on his back with both the company and union.

BIG CAJONES

Most definitely, and my kind of person. Kid is definitely not someones doormat and I have the UTMOST RESPECT for that kind of individual.

Zowert

Nothing he said was wrong, but you can also look at it as biting the hand that feeds you. I wouldn’t go on camera in my uniform and say controversial things about the company thats given me the opportunity to buy a house and put my daughter through college.

I tip my hat to him though. I don’t have the fortitude for that.

vvv

Nothing he said was wrong, but you can also look at it as biting the hand that feeds you. I wouldn’t go on camera in my uniform and say controversial things about the company thats given me the opportunity to buy a house and put my daughter through college.

I tip my hat to him though. I don’t have the fortitude for that.

Hey, the young buck is all balls......plain n simple.

He's heard and seen enough crap early in his career from both the union and company that he wants to see a fair deal and not swallow crap for the next 25 years. So he's willing to put himself out there for the betterment of all.

Griff

Guy knows what he's talking about. Vote no and tell UPS to go get their shine box. Lowering the standard of ground work by creating this two tier structure is 100% the beginning of the end for us as top rate package car drivers. Look at feeders, is there two tiers of feeder drivers???? No, there isn't and you need to ask yourself why that is. Love a fellow driver, regardless of time of service, who tells it how it is and isn't afraid of UPS and the merciless vampires down in Atlanta. Go to hell Denis T, Hoffa & Hall and everyone that works in Atlanta.

P.S. -- For all the brown nosing stiffs on this board (management and suckup hourlies alike) this isn't about being ungrateful like I've seen so many of you proclaim. This is about the concept and notion of fairness, in reference to, a company that makes billions in profit yearly working its employees to the brink. We demand a fair contract, we aren't blinded by the bogus crumbs of $15/hr for PT several years from now or the big shiny $40 mark for friend/T drivers like you want us to be. This contract has very dangerous language all around the board, take your money and choke on it.

Last edited:

Oceanview

Everyone knows that the principal officer of local 344 who wears a man bun has aspirations. He is one of those 53 year old guys who has a man bun, so he can look younger. Everyone thinks he looks ridiculous, and he is trying to connect with his younger demographic. He put this young man up to these videos. The same as the guy out west did. FYI

That’s my Local... 414

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Over the years you are taught to "take the path of least resistance"..From both sides...This includes Management along with our membership. The target on the back is real and has been practiced for decades to shut down an employee who asks the wrong questions. Not that the unfair discharge or suspension sticks, it is used to discipline not correct anybody that is not a "team" player, most of us have seen it or been through it..It is no Fun and you never forget it or trust the system in place to protect you.

Only a handful of people are willing to put their necks out there to correct an injustice or try to make the work conditions better. Most are content to look the other way and hide their heads in the sand or go with the flow, stay under the radar and retire. I flashback to the movie scene in "Braveheart", the battlefield speech by Mel Gibson. In order to be part of history or make a difference you really have to get rid of the fears that keep you down, The movie "Matrix" would also apply, few are willing to take the hard pill, many are not.

Still the universal truth of "what you sow you will reap" applies, it never fails, people finally will have enough, rebel and storm the bastille. Maybe with this contract we can actually send a message to the status quo on both sides that things need to change..(wishful thinking, maybe).

Inthegame

Only a handful of people are willing to put their necks out there to correct an injustice or try to make the work conditions better.
Yep, they're called "stewards" and from this group comes BA's. And yet I don't see BA's and stewards putting out videos complaining about whacked out members.
But a guy who simply posts a rambling complaint video gets adulation.
Hmmm...something's upside down.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
But a guy who simply posts a rambling complaint video gets adulation. Hmmm...something's upside down.

And a driver, for a whole 4 years.

The part I like best is when he (and others) seem to think they are an employer.

The Union signs their paycheck, not the members.

The Union officials have a fiduciary duty of fair representation.

Not to cower to "demands" of the members.

If you don't like them, vote them out.

But everybody knows.... UPS members don't vote.

-Bug-

Time for change

I love when Bug looks down his nose at someone with less seniority. Often younger is better, not every professional athlete, politician or any professional for that matter is better because they have more time in. That kid will do more than Bug ever did, is better looking and Bug is jealous AF. Also Bug, if you knew anything about elected positions, you’d know the power of incumbency.