Couldn’t of said it better!

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Well the company is surely going to suspect something if he's recording the video from what looks to be the cab of a delivery vehicle regardless of what shirt he's wearing. There is no full proof plan to inoculate a driver when he goes public with his dissatisfaction. It's not as if his management wouldn't be able to recognize who he was if he somehow wasn't in uniform regardless. They'd know it was him saying it either way.

One more time: if you are on meal, or lunch, in package car language, that is YOUR TIME. Another driver can file, and win, a grievance if you are observed working on YOUR TIME.

Stating your opinion on YOUR TIME, is your perogative.

Dracula

They haven't provided me with a locker yet... So If i'm not on the clock and in Uniform. I'm not really worried about what I do in uniform. Such as go and buy liquor... Which is a big no no says ups...

Just my opinion but if your on lunch it isn't any of ups's business what your doing anyway... If your wearing the uniform or not. Shouldn't make a difference.

It’s not your opinion, it’s fact.

Dracula

He looks like he wants to give the perception that he is trendy or has an edge. Instead the consensus is that the man bun if embarrassing. people laugh about this a lot. Some to his face and others behind his back. Nobody wants to get old, but when you are that guy who looks so out of place and ridiculous, it's just a bad look.

Come on, man. This kid isn’t hiding a thing. He’s on Facebook. The only perception he is giving off is he hates this contract offering.

I get it, the urge to complain about the younger generation. It makes you feel better about your advancing age. You want them to keep quiet; you want them off your lawn.

It doesn’t make you right, or any more relevant. It just makes you old enough not to have the stones to marry your views with your face.

Tony Q

Come on, man. This kid isn’t hiding a thing. He’s on Facebook. The only perception he is giving off is he hates this contract offering.

I get it, the urge to complain about the younger generation. It makes you feel better about your advancing age. You want them to keep quiet; you want them off your lawn.

It doesn’t make you right, or any more relevant. It just makes you old enough not to have the stones to marry your views with your face.
I think you are a little lost pal. I am talking about a 53 year old business aged principal officer with a man bun who is going through a midlife crisis.

Dracula

Another bad look is the comb-overs and toupees, coupled with near morbid obesity, which seems to encompass over half of the IBT Officials I have seen.

I think if I had my druthers, I'd take the guy who is striving to maintain a youthful appearance and wants to relate to the younger members, instead of the status quo.

At the end of the day though, none of that has a single thing to do with the guys ability to represent or run his local....

....and the notion that he put this young man up to making his videos is ridiculous and a desperate effort to dismiss the sentiments communicated.

It's not looking good for your concessionary contract @Tony Q, unless less half of the membership fail to vote.

BTW, what is the thought process that justifies the numerous trap door escape clauses in Art 12 of the IBT Constitution?
Another bad look is the comb-overs and toupees, coupled with near morbid obesity, which seems to encompass over half of the IBT Officials I have seen.

I think if I had my druthers, I'd take the guy who is striving to maintain a youthful appearance and wants to relate to the younger members, instead of the status quo.

At the end of the day though, none of that has a single thing to do with the guys ability to represent or run his local....

....and the notion that he put this young man up to making his videos is ridiculous and a desperate effort to dismiss the sentiments communicated.

It's not looking good for your concessionary contract @Tony Q, unless less half of the membership fail to vote.

BTW, what is the thought process that justifies the numerous trap door escape clauses in Art 12 of the IBT Constitution?

Agree.

I like this kid. Whatever you think about his views, he’s not afraid to make them known.

For the future of this union, that is, in the words of Sweet Potato Hitler, “UUUGE”.

I would be hugely surprised if this young feller, if not now, then sometime in the future, have some key role in his local.

Dracula

I think you are a little lost pal. I am talking about a 53 year old business aged principal officer with a man bun who is going through a midlife crisis.

No, Cheese, I’m a lot of things, but lost is not one of them.

When I want to connect with the younger generation, I talk to them.

If I want to act like a hipster, I’ll go find some place pay $10 for a cup of coffee.

I’m your age, and I stopped worrying about my hair when Clinton was President.

Tony Q

No, Cheese, I’m a lot of things, but lost is not one of them.

When I want to connect with the younger generation, I talk to them.

If I want to act like a hipster, I’ll go find some place pay $10 for a cup of coffee.

I’m your age, and I stopped worrying about my hair when Clinton was President.
Go back to your original post you quoted me on. You misposted.

Dracula

He's making it political. Talk about the contract and why it's bad. He is making this about Hoffa. Who cares about Hoffa. He's done in three years. And I'm sorry but anyone with four vested years doesn't know UPS yet.

Who is our President and who has negotiated our contract?

Let us know how many years you have to have in order to have an opinion...

Brisket

Can you explain the social media policy...
so you can be corrected later?

You mean the part about ‘Think before you post’?

Don’t think he said anything off base... he was professional about it all afaic.... we live in the US , and it’s his right to speak... we say worse on here!!!

Granted that he did not say anything deragatory ( I think) , although he is right up front about how he feels, and I DO agree that he will most likely be heavily involved with the Union for a LONG time, he seems to be a rising star.

Last edited:

Brisket

It wouldn't matter when he did it if he didn't wear his UPS shirt in the video. Hell he could have been on the clock and did this video and the company probably wouldn't know. The point is if he's wearing the uniform he's representing the company. This is why I take the shirt off when I'm on lunch. Then I can do what I want and It's none of UPS's business.

So if it’s hot where you are, you take the shirt off!? If you leave it on it could be used to get faster service if you had to stop and buy food or drink!? Lol.