Couldn’t of said it better!

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I agree honey, just the old out of touch dudes seem to be more condescending where as the newbies are just more ignorant.

There’s a lot of us who make a big effort to encourage and tutor new guys. This driver looks as though he’s received just that sort of guidance.

Dracula

It wouldn't matter when he did it if he didn't wear his UPS shirt in the video. Hell he could have been on the clock and did this video and the company probably wouldn't know. The point is if he's wearing the uniform he's representing the company. This is why I take the shirt off when I'm on lunch. Then I can do what I want and It's none of UPS's business.

Every single day I’ve been a driver, I’ve walked out of their facilities with a UPS branded shirt. If I get that in accident on the way home, and it’s my fault, UPS doesn’t get sued or charged; I would.

Their “ownership” of me ends when I go off duty, whether that is at the end of the day, or when I’m on an off-duty meal period. If the union wouldn’t back me up on that, I’d find a lawyer that would.

Dracula

It wouldn't matter when he did it if he didn't wear his UPS shirt in the video. Hell he could have been on the clock and did this video and the company probably wouldn't know. The point is if he's wearing the uniform he's representing the company. This is why I take the shirt off when I'm on lunch. Then I can do what I want and It's none of UPS's business.

Seriously, you take your shirt off during your lunch?? I’ve been here almost 35 years now, and that’s the first time I’ve ever heard that.

When I first went driving, they had a policy that you couldn’t wear your pants coming and going from the building. That was long before UPS shorts came about and when they laundered our pants. That was probably 25 years ago.

jagger john

He's 26 years old with 4 years of hard labor at UPS. I find his bio very hard to relate to. I commend his flair for the camera, but I've got more time in the bathroom that this kid. For him to criticize business agents, I just don't think he know what's what yet. Nice effort though.
are you defending are union leaders that are trying to sell us out

Box Ox

So I'm wrong not to buy into a four year employee making all kinds of videos?

Four years is certainly enough time to have seen the worst UPS FT work has to offer, including :censored2: splits and the longest hours of any driver in the building. And to know when you’re looking at a :censored2: Contract.

Milly

This is sad. All you ever hear from the old timers is how the young guys don't get involved. Now when they get involved you complain that they don't have enough time to say anything.

You have no idea what it's like at his local. So please feel free to post your own video instead of bringing up his years as the only reason to discredit him.
I'm in the central region and he is in a very good local. Do your homework. You making assumptions about me because I question his experience is laughable. I said I commended his flair. It's a wonder why people who are new don't come to this site. You jump all over new members like a bully.

Milly

Four years is certainly enough time to have seen the worst UPS FT work has to offer, including :censored2: splits and the longest hours of any driver in the building. And to know when you’re looking at a :censored2: Contract.
I disagree. Waiting 10 years for a full time job like I did then starting over and having 20 in driving gives you a better perspective.

Milly

So making him younger then you makes his whole arguement on Hoffas inner circle trying to push a bad contract not valid. Better spend less time on the john and more time reading the garbage that locals are trying to say about how great this contract is when we all know its not.
He's making it political. Talk about the contract and why it's bad. He is making this about Hoffa. Who cares about Hoffa. He's done in three years. And I'm sorry but anyone with four vested years doesn't know UPS yet.

Box Ox

I disagree. Waiting 10 years for a full time job like I did then starting over and having 20 in driving gives you a better perspective.

Think I'd rather wait 10 years for a viable career FT job than go into one a little sooner as a 22.4 and be completely burned out and no longer with UPS in 5-10 years because I had no overtime protections and was worked to death because the Company wanted to use me to cut higher paid RPCD routes.