Couldn’t of said it better!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's his right but it's also UPS's right to terminate him for making the company look bad. He honestly shouldn't have don't the video in his uniform. Sad part is his local may not even back him if the company comes after him for it.

Remember freedom of speech protects you from the government not your employer.
I get it if threats were made.... this video doesn’t do that, and it’s total BS that there isn’t some kind of protection for employees....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's his right but it's also UPS's right to terminate him for making the company look bad. He honestly shouldn't have don't the video in his uniform. Sad part is his local may not even back him if the company comes after him for it.

Nothing he said made the company look bad... now for the union, that’s a different story....they going to sue him and take his union card???

542thruNthru

Nothing he said made the company look bad... now for the union, that’s a different story....they going to sue him and take his union card???

Hey I'm not saying you're wrong but we all know how this company works. I'm just saying wearing the uniform was not smart and the company could spin it anyway they want and if his local is angry with him he's on his own.

I just want people to be smart when they do this stuff.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Hey I'm not saying you're wrong but we all know how this company works. I'm just saying wearing the uniform was not smart and the company could spin it anyway they want and if his local is angry with him he's on his own.

I just want people to be smart when they do this stuff.
Should have taken it while on his bass boat named “Vote No”

Undertow

If he could somehow provide a time stamp of when he made the video corresponding with his lunch allocation in the DIAD, it's possible he might have an opening but he'd have been better off just making his point out in the parking lot outside the shipyard. It's obvious just by his words alone that he's done the job.

542thruNthru

If he could somehow provide a time stamp of when he made the video corresponding with his lunch allocation in the DIAD, it's possible he might have an opening but he'd have been better off just making his point out in the parking lot outside the shipyard. It's obvious just by his words alone that he's done the job.

It wouldn't matter when he did it if he didn't wear his UPS shirt in the video. Hell he could have been on the clock and did this video and the company probably wouldn't know. The point is if he's wearing the uniform he's representing the company. This is why I take the shirt off when I'm on lunch. Then I can do what I want and It's none of UPS's business.

Days

I get it if threats were made.... this video doesn’t do that, and it’s total BS that there isn’t some kind of protection for employees....

TBH UPS is the first employer I've had where you can have a message board and talk to other members. It's weird that in today's world there's message boards for literally everything but when it comes to jobs people are often left in the dark.

If it hadn't been for browncafe I still wouldn't know half the stuff I know today about UPS. I like being able to share my opinion and knowing I'll have a job every day to go to. I agree with him in this video that we're often in a fight against UPS for eights our union has secured for us. The problem is when you can no longer trust the union to do what's best for the employees.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It wouldn't matter when he did it if he didn't wear his UPS shirt in the video. Hell he could have been on the clock and did this video and the company probably wouldn't know. The point is if he's wearing the uniform he's representing the company. This is why I take the shirt off when I'm on lunch. Then I can do what I want and It's none of UPS's business.
It’s also another reason we used to have to take the uniform off before leaving work.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
TBH UPS is the first employer I've had where you can have a message board and talk to other members. It's weird that in today's world there's message boards for literally everything but when it comes to jobs people are often left in the dark.

If it hadn't been for browncafe I still wouldn't know half the stuff I know today about UPS. I like being able to share my opinion and knowing I'll have a job every day to go to. I agree with him in this video that we're often in a fight against UPS for eights our union has secured for us. The problem is when you can no longer trust the union to do what's best for the employees.
Good points... I’m sure the company AND the teamsters dislike this site... I know they monitor it... ups’ lawyers have contacted @cheryl before I believe...she could tell you more about that...

Withbacon

They haven't provided me with a locker yet... So If i'm not on the clock and in Uniform. I'm not really worried about what I do in uniform. Such as go and buy liquor... Which is a big no no says ups...

Just my opinion but if your on lunch it isn't any of ups's business what your doing anyway... If your wearing the uniform or not. Shouldn't make a difference.

Days

Good points... I’m sure the company AND the teamsters dislike this site... I know they monitor it... ups’ lawyers have contacted @cheryl before I believe...she could tell you more about that...

Yes it's actually kind of bizarre that in today's world we are kind of scared to ask questions from our employers. We are also scared to voice our opinions publically because of job security. The company (UPS) does provide a ballot I think once a year where they allow you to voice your concerns but there's something about a message board that makes you feel connected with other employees.

TheFigurehead

He's 26 years old with 4 years of hard labor at UPS. I find his bio very hard to relate to. I commend his flair for the camera, but I've got more time in the bathroom that this kid. For him to criticize business agents, I just don't think he know what's what yet. Nice effort though.

I feel the same way about brand new Brown Cafe members who rush to the defense of the BA's trying to sell us this pile of $#!+ contract.

Undertow

Well the company is surely going to suspect something if he's recording the video from what looks to be the cab of a delivery vehicle regardless of what shirt he's wearing. There is no full proof plan to inoculate a driver when he goes public with his dissatisfaction. It's not as if his management wouldn't be able to recognize who he was if he somehow wasn't in uniform regardless. They'd know it was him saying it either way.

Undertow

It did seem his criticism was aimed at the union and/or a BA within it, but saying that he understood that he was going to have to come into work and "fight" with the employer each and every day isn't exactly a flattering portrayal of the company either. Probably not an image management wants promoted at a time when they might be struggling to convince prospective new hires that the future is worth their current sacrifices. It's understandable they'd have issues with how he went about it.

542thruNthru

They haven't provided me with a locker yet... So If i'm not on the clock and in Uniform. I'm not really worried about what I do in uniform. Such as go and buy liquor... Which is a big no no says ups...

Just my opinion but if your on lunch it isn't any of ups's business what your doing anyway... If your wearing the uniform or not. Shouldn't make a difference.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it would be easy to fire someone for this. I'm saying it can happen and if his local is not happy with this video they are not going to "try hard" to reinstate him.

All I'm trying to say is if you want to make a video about UPS or the UNION. Don't wear your uniform. It's not worth the headache.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I've been contacted a few times by UPS lawyer/official over 19 years. Every time they were reasonable take down requests. No threats. Very professional.

A self proclaimed "Teamster official" was much more aggressive and eventually threatened to take legal action against me and this site. Long time members probably are aware of who would have done this, and why that member was banned many many times under many different usernames using the same avatar.