Couple fed up with people parking in handicap spots

hegro

Mountain out of a mole hill. It looks like there are plenty of handicap spots outside that Staples. Probably some vacation driver. Now the regular driver has to bang on the rear door of Staples. Thanks vacation driver. Regular driver should put Staples on the last stop of the day if possible.

I love how they conveniently took the picture without showing the 4 or 5 empty handicap spots that are still open.

The Driver

I drive.
Mountain out of a mole hill. It looks like there are plenty of handicap spots outside that Staples. Probably some vacation driver. Now the regular driver has to bang on the rear door of Staples. Thanks vacation driver. Regular driver should put Staples on the last stop of the day if possible.

I actually used to work at Staples before becoming a driver. UPS would just pull up to the front of the store by the curb. Never had to use any kind of handicap spot to get out of the way.

I use handicap spots all the time if it's the only way to get out of the way safely. I'm not parked, I say, I'm stopped!

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm not going to say I never used a handicapped spot but I avoided them as much as I could. You are just asking for complaints using them. I double parked and parked on the sidewalk or in front of driveways most of the time while delivering in town. As with everything else a customer complaint to UPS is totally worthless IF UPS is saving money by what you are doing. Speeding down a street complaints are a waste of time (even though UPS might pretend to be concerned). "Slow down" is not in UPS's vocabulary.

F

Frankie's Friend

Here in Texas, if the police want to check if someone is eligible or not, the first 4 digits of my driver's license # as well as my initials are at the top of the placard. Some cities allow citizens to take pictures of handicap parking abusers who park in a spot with no placard, send it to the city and they will mail a citation to the owner of the car.
And the vehicle owner will mail a picture of a $100 bill back to cover the fine.

JINXster

Maybe the driver was at their loading dock, but no one was answering, which piss ed him/her off. So he went around front, parked as close as he could (which was a handicap spot), then go in the store to freak out lol. This actually happen to me last week, but i didn't park in a handicap spot.