UPS driver apologizes after woman takes picture of truck blocking handicapped spot

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
That was you?

It is not stupid.

Park your truck correctly. Show some respect
How could it be me? I just said I wouldn't have apologized. It's not an ER pavilion. No one's gonna die from a space being blocked for a minute. The man had a job to do to help keep modern civilization running. Shut up and stay the :censored2: out of his way.

Fuzzy Brown

UPS driver apologizes after woman takes picture of truck blocking handicapped spot - Action News Jax

A local woman claims a UPS driver illegally blocked handicapped-accessible parking spots outside a business for several minutes.

"My mother is handicap, she's elderly, and they were blocking two spots," said Angela Kelly.

Two handicapped-accessible spots are right in front of Kelly's 83-year-old mother's doctors office in St. Augustine.
A parking ticket is not a traffic violation the ticket is written to the owner of the vehicle not the operator.
I always direct anyone with a comment or question not related to delivering or picking up a package to call the 800 number that way you avoid mind numbingly idiotic encounters with pecksniffs like Angela Kelly.

rod

Retired 22 years
Safer to block the spot or if occupied block the car in.

I’ve seen old people back into a ups truck parked 50 feet away. I’ve sat behind old people driving for literally 2 minutes while they tried to decide to pull out or not with not a single car passing on the road in those 2 minutes. Only to have them back into me with my horn whaling when a car appeared far in the distance.

Get @rod off the roads
All the Insurance Company charts and Consumer Reports studies say you are full of crap. Teens are WAY more dangerous that older people.

Consumer%20Reports%20Dangerous%20Drivers%2010-12

upschuck

That would be a question you would want to direct at you immediate supervisor.

Here is suggested wording, use it if you want:

UPS said in the press that its drivers are trained to follow all traffic laws, including where they park. So, are we supposed to back into a parking spot?
Ups says a lot in the press that isnt necessarily true. Backing would break a few policies as well.

rod

Retired 22 years
The Tale of the Statistics
There are people out there who complain that older drivers shouldn't be on the road, that they're too hesitant and don't react quickly enough. Other people say that young drivers are reckless and don't take the risk of a car accident seriously. So who's right?

If you judge based on numbers alone, young drivers – especially male teenage drivers – are the most dangerous drivers on the road:

• Mile for mile, the crash rate for drivers age 16 and 17 is about 9x that for middle-aged drivers.
  • Mile for mile, the crash rate for drivers over the age of 80 is about 5.5x that of middle-aged drivers.
  • Drivers in their 60s have the same car accident rate as drivers in their 30s.
  • Teenagers ages 16 – 19 are more likely to be in a car accident than any other age group.
  • The car accident fatality rate for male drivers and passengers ages 16 – 19 is almost 2x that of females in the same age group.
  • The increased fatality rate in drivers over the age of 75 is largely due to injury and medical complications, NOT an increased tendency to get in accidents.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Not surprising UPS said its drivers are trained to follow all traffic laws, including where they park.

UPS said its drivers are trained to follow all traffic laws, including where they park.

UPS said its drivers are trained to follow all traffic laws, including where they park.

UPS said in the press that its drivers are trained to follow all traffic laws, including where they park.

Did UPS say it’s drivers are trained to follow all traffic laws, including where they park?

rod

Retired 22 years
When I was driving I double parked in front of the Police Station, parked in front of the big doors at the Fire Hall, parked on the sidewalks at the school and generally parked anywhere I wanted BUT I didn't park in handicap spaces or block them. It was just my modus opperendi.

upschuck

The increased fatality rate in drivers over the age of 75 is largely due to injury and medical complications, NOT an increased tendency to get in accidents.
The accident rate for those over 75 is about 17, higher than any besides 17 and under. Sounds like a tendency to me to get into more accidents.