Courier Pay in Seattle?

MassWineGuy

Can anyone in the Seattle area tell me the pay rate for an Express courier there? Starting is fine, I’ll figure it out from that.

Thanks.

zerocool5468

Highest payscale market is B4 and it has step 1 at $20.52 as of october 17. Step 10 is $32.50. I would assume seattle falls in this market but who knows, it's fedex and they're cheap.

zerocool5468

Most likely B3. They were H payscale before. J and L were the highest then.

LOL shoulda known cheap ass fedex wouldn't have them at top scale. I guess thats reserved for maybe San Fran and NYC? 75% of couriers are probably in the base or b1 markets. pitiful. The only delivery drivers making less than us are our own, ground. Even the mail man on my route makes 75k a year strolling along without a care in the world.

MassWineGuy

Seattle is just about as expensive as San Francisco. I’m probably about step 3 or so. I’m just curious about it. Couldn’t live here most likely. I like it alot, though. Went to school south of there in Olympia.

overflowed

Not even close. I've worked in both areas. When I transferred to Washington I was much better off because the cost of living is much lower in the Seattle area. Gas, food, housing, just about everything. Even though I took a $3 pay cut I was saving much more money. Also, the surrounding cities housing is much cheaper when you compare them. I would say 90% of the couriers I worked with owned their own homes.

MAKAVELI

Not even close. I've worked in both areas. When I transferred to Washington I was much better off because the cost of living is much lower in the Seattle area. Gas, food, housing, just about everything. Even though I took a $3 pay cut I was saving much more money. Also, the surrounding cities housing is much cheaper when you compare them. I would say 90% of the couriers I worked with owned their own homes.
I think the only other metro are that could compare to the Bay is NYC.

Oldfart

LOL shoulda known cheap ass fedex wouldn't have them at top scale. I guess thats reserved for maybe San Fran and NYC? 75% of couriers are probably in the base or b1 markets. pitiful. The only delivery drivers making less than us are our own, ground. Even the mail man on my route makes 75k a year strolling along without a care in the world.
Mail carrier is pulling your leg. The friends I have working there do not make $30 or so an hour. Better benefits than us, good bit less money around here.

vantexan

Seattle is just about as expensive as San Francisco. I’m probably about step 3 or so. I’m just curious about it. Couldn’t live here most likely. I like it alot, though. Went to school south of there in Olympia.
No state income tax so you'd get some extra there. Back when I worked there had to use plastic over delivery record. Of course have powerpad now. Winters are certainly milder than Massachusetts but you've got to like rain. If you went to school out there guess you know what you're getting yourself into. The gray gets depressing to me but it's incredibly beautiful on a clear day, especially in the summer.

vantexan

I think the only other metro are that could compare to the Bay is NYC.
Back when they had the letter system San Francisco/Silicon Valley had highest, the L payscale. New York, some other California metros, Anchorage, and I believe Honolulu were J. But there were some very expensive western towns, like Jackson, WY, Flagstaff, AZ, a few others that were only A. If FedEx can get away with paying lower pay because of plentiful applicants, they will.

vantexan

You're probably spot on with that 75% #. Back when we had a traditional pension I was going to wait until my last 5 years then transfer to a highest payscale station and grind it out for 5 years to greatly improve my pension. But they terminated the plan so that was that.