Court knows threat better than President

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I stand by my initial post - each branch of our government is, by definition, a check against the other branches.

I agree with your assessment of the legislature - they wouldn't last at UPS, where results matter.

But it's not enough for the executive to say, 'It's important, believe us'.

That's not how things work, and in this case, Trump and his team simply didn't have a case.

Now, if they changed the EO, we might be having a different conversation.

But, like so many things about this nascent Presidency, they seem to like to shoot first, and aiming seems to only happen when they're questioned.
I can't disagree with any of that.

Like I stated early, Trump amuses me more than alarms me.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I've seen and read about irrational mobs ... I've learned and fear them.

I don't want to be lynched or put up on a cross ... I just live my life with as little government intervention as possible.

Well this is the wrong administration for you. Every since 2001 the government has dug more and more into our personal freedoms. All in the name of national security

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
This did make me laugh .. seriously.
I have been laughing at the hysterical reactions of the anti-Trump people.

I have more faith and belief in the strength of the US Government.
Reminds me of Glenn Beck and the other nuts crying that the world was over when Obama won. Of course Trump chimed in that he didn't win the popular vote.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Reminds me of Glenn Beck and the other nuts crying that the world was over when Obama won. Of course Trump chimed in that he didn't win the popular vote.
Yep ... very reminiscent except it wasn't mobs of people back then ... just pundits and politicians.

Mobs scare me ... they have no conscience and generally hurt others.

newfie

Well this is the wrong administration for you. Every since 2001 the government has dug more and more into our personal freedoms. All in the name of national security

I know I hate how the government keeps making this crap up

upload_2017-2-10_1-11-6.png

watdaflock?

"see you in court' No, you won't Drumpf......

A federal appeals court says the U.S. government hadn’t pointed to any evidence that anyone from the countries named in the executive order had committed a “terrorist attack” in the U.S.

The panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said, “Rather than present evidence to explain the need for the executive order, the government has taken the position that we must not review its decision at all. We disagree, as explained above.”

newfie

And what is the full story behind that photo

it is a school full of dead children and a stark reminder of why we face the alleged restrictions on our personal freedom you mentioned. Now I'm not sure how your personal freedoms have been infringed upon. But I personally have not seen my rights lessened any other then when I travel. on the travel side I have seen an improvement over the years that allows me to travel with less restrictions then post 9/11.

newfie

"see you in court' No, you won't Drumpf......

A federal appeals court says the U.S. government hadn’t pointed to any evidence that anyone from the countries named in the executive order had committed a “terrorist attack” in the U.S.

The panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said, “Rather than present evidence to explain the need for the executive order, the government has taken the position that we must not review its decision at all. We disagree, as explained above.”

it is your victory to enjoy. you took trump into your home court and your home field with your home referee's and won a victory not based on law or constitution but on politically biased commentary. kind of like playing American football with a soccer interpretation. The victory will not hold any water but its good for something I suppose.

Personally if I was Trump I would not have played in your arena. I believe the presidents right to defend this country will superceed the political bias deployed here. If I was trump I would have stated that the separation of powers applied here and his authority superceeded the authority of a lesser court. what would they do ask the attorney general to arrest the president?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
it is a school full of dead children and a stark reminder of why we face the alleged restrictions on our personal freedom you mentioned. Now I'm not sure how your personal freedoms have been infringed upon. But I personally have not seen my rights lessened any other then when I travel. on the travel side I have seen an improvement over the years that allows me to travel with less restrictions then post 9/11.
Where exactly are those dead kids from? What is the story of how they came to die and how is it relevant to the the Patriot act?
Have you ever read 1984 by George Orwell? You allow a government to infringe on your rights in some areas then you better be prepared for them to do so in all areas.