Court knows threat better than President

newfie

Where exactly are those dead kids from? What is the story of how they came to die and how is it relevant to the the Patriot act?
Have you ever read 1984 by George Orwell? You allow a government to infringe on your rights in some areas then you better be prepared for them to do so in all areas.

Your ranting is deterring us from the crux of your argument and thus you avoided answering my question. your post again that I responded to:

Well this is the wrong administration for you. Every since 2001 the government has dug more and more into our personal freedoms. All in the name of national security

I think the reasons our government has given is clear. the picture I posted is a stark reminder of what it is we hope to prevent.

after 9/11 all you said came true. but since then there has certainly been a lessening of those restrictive actions. The TSA has found ways to screen us and yet lessen the delays. The whistle blowers like snowden and wiki leaks have highlighted abuses and certainly caused our government to take a less restrictive less intrusive approach. Any wonder that terrorist incidents have also increased here since. Nothing for 10 years after 9/11 much more so in todays world.

but back to your quote again where then has the government dug more and more as you stated.

newfie

and turd in chase I confuse you

what exactly has our government done to you personally that has harmed you as a result .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
"see you in court' No, you won't Drumpf......

A federal appeals court says the U.S. government hadn’t pointed to any evidence that anyone from the countries named in the executive order had committed a “terrorist attack” in the U.S.

The panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said, “Rather than present evidence to explain the need for the executive order, the government has taken the position that we must not review its decision at all. We disagree, as explained above.”
Do you know that Congress already has a law established that says that all the President has to do is issue a proclamation and any country or groups of people can be restricted from entering this country ?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Since they were only ruling on the Judge Robart's suspension , the law did not apply since Judge Robart's Order was not about the merits of the case .
He injected his personal opinion into the ruling .
As he has in other cases , in one case actually saying that black lives matter .

Who Is Judge James L. Robart And Why Did He Block Trump's Immigration Order?
In granting a temporary restraining order, the judge essentially had to decide that:

1. the plaintiffs (the states of Washington and Minnesota) were likely to succeed at a later date;
  2. people in those states could suffer irreparable harm if the ban continued; and
  3. blocking the president's order was in the public interest.
In other words, he decided there was more harm letting the ban continue than there was blocking it until the full case could be heard.

"I'm also asked to look and determine if the executive order is rationally based. And rationally based, to some extent, means I have to find it grounded in fact instead of fiction."

Sportello

Your ranting is deterring us from the crux of your argument and thus you avoided answering my question. your post again that I responded to:

I think the reasons our government has given is clear. the picture I posted is a stark reminder of what it is we hope to prevent.

after 9/11 all you said came true. but since then there has certainly been a lessening of those restrictive actions. The TSA has found ways to screen us and yet lessen the delays. The whistle blowers like snowden and wiki leaks have highlighted abuses and certainly caused our government to take a less restrictive less intrusive approach. Any wonder that terrorist incidents have also increased here since. Nothing for 10 years after 9/11 much more so in todays world.

but back to your quote again where then has the government dug more and more as you stated.
Drinking early.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do you know that Congress already has a law established that says that all the President has to do is issue a proclamation and any country or groups of people can be restricted from entering this country ?

maroon Trump promised a Muslim ban during his campaign, which he cannot walk back.

Understand?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
maroon Trump promised a Muslim ban during his campaign, which he cannot walk back.

Understand?
I'm all in for a total Muslim ban and the deportation of all muslim radicals already here .
These people only respect people who act from strength .
A firm hand and the power to support it is the only thing stopping them from killing all the liberals in the USA .

It will be fine

I'm all in for a total Muslim ban and the deportation of all muslim radicals already here .
These people only respect people who act from strength .
A firm hand and the power to support it is the only thing stopping them from killing all the liberals in the USA .
That violates both the constitution and the spirit of America.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Since so many people are insisting that the Constitution is a living document and out dated , how can you say that ?
The spirit of America has always been work hard and improve yourself & family , not come here and plan for the destruction of this country because your ancient religion demands it .

It will be fine

Since so many people are insisting that the Constitution is a living document and out dated , how can you say that ?
The spirit of America has always been work hard and improve yourself & family , not come here and plan for the destruction of this country because your ancient religion demands it .
It appears your civics education has been lacking. For reference the 1st amendment to the constitution.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

You spoke in favor of a total ban and deportation of Muslims in this country. That would prevent the free exercise of religion. America was founded by people seeking free exercise of their religion, denying that right violates the spirit of the country.

Non sequitur

It appears your civics education has been lacking. For reference the 1st amendment to the constitution.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

You spoke in favor of a total ban and deportation of Muslims in this country. That would prevent the free exercise of religion. America was founded by people seeking free exercise of their religion, denying that right violates the spirit of the country.

The communists and other anti freedom ideologies have/are attempting to use the "west" laws against them. Hence Trumps saying that this is the largest Trojan horse in history.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Where exactly are those dead kids from? What is the story of how they came to die and how is it relevant to the the Patriot act?
Have you ever read 1984 by George Orwell? You allow a government to infringe on your rights in some areas then you better be prepared for them to do so in all areas.
And once the Orwellian US National Government becomes a police state, it will abridge your rights by invading and eliminating your privacy by:
1) Inferring from your messaging and actions what you think (ie. - Hate Crime charges)
2) Using outside enemies as an excuse to invade your privacy (Patriot Act)
3) Using technology (Digital Surveillance) to eliminate privacy (internet tracking, finance tracking, etc.)
  • Speech recognition and facial recognition technologies limit the ability of a person to enjoy privacy outside their home.

Orwell mused, "... there is no such thing as a government organized for the good of the people—even the best intentions among those in government inevitably give way to the desire to maintain power and control at all costs.

newfie

The ruling was unanimous. Judge Richard Clifton, appointed by President Bush, is seen as a moderate conservative.

the black lives matters judge, the guy who has been doing pro bono work helping immigrants come into this country? or were you referring to some other moderate by the same name?

otherwise the 9 court of appeals is considered the most liberal in the country and has also been the most overturned.

Ninth Circuit Leading the Pack for 'Most Reversed', by Jonathan Keim, National Review

Turdferguson

Just a turd
And once the Orwellian US National Government becomes a police state, it will abridge your rights by invading and eliminating your privacy by:
1) Inferring from your messaging and actions what you think (ie. - Hate Crime charges)
2) Using outside enemies as an excuse to invade your privacy (Patriot Act)
3) Using technology (Digital Surveillance) to eliminate privacy (internet tracking, finance tracking, etc.)
  • Speech recognition and facial recognition technologies limit the ability of a person to enjoy privacy outside their home.

Orwell mused, "... there is no such thing as a government organized for the good of the people—even the best intentions among those in government inevitably give way to the desire to maintain power and control at all costs.
Ditto

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I hear Trump got so hot over their decision that he needed 4 Russia women to pee on him to cool down.
giphy.gif