Court knows threat better than President

It will be fine

not only Obama but congress also came up with that list of seven countries.
so we do a review of those seven countries and we find they do not have the means or relationship with our country to provide us with the proper vetting .
does a responsible president ignore the fact or does he take action. the point you make that it takes years to do the vetting does not answer the merits of the issue.
when that refugee comes to us from Syria what embassy in Syria provided us with a complete background work up of that person. where were the public officials that have known that person and can speak to that persons character and criminal background? They cant because the country is in total disarray. records destroyed. public officials dead or gone.

they cant its a war ravaged country without the infrastructure to speak to those questions.

now we know that ISIS has snuck in their people with refugees in Europe. we know that ISIS has publicly said they will do the same here.

Why are liberals so worried about letting immigrants into this country? there is only one reason . they think they can turn the majority into democratic votes .
This issue has always been about building up the democratic base . they have created a dependent base with other groups by making them dependent on government hand outs.
refugees and the illegal immigrants would also partake in government services and thus vote for people that would keep the checks coming.
Your cynicism is sad. It was posted earlier that around 1500 Syrian refugees were settled here in the last few years. That was not to secure their votes. Their presence does not impact elections.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore."

You point to the success of ISIS getting plants into Europe as refugees. Have they done that here? Not that I'm aware of under Obama. That tells me our vetting process has been working. I've heard no specifics as to why Trump thinks our process is inadequate or what he would do differently.
The question is are we a great nation or a scared one?

wkmac

The reason the 7 countries were on Obama's list for extreme vetting is because while they are war torn it is harder to verify the accuracy of documents. That's why it already takes years to go through the vetting process. The reason they are on Trumps list is for political cover so he can say Obama did it too.

Not sure how much Iran plays into being a war torn nation as much as they have/express ideas contrary to serving the self interests of others but the rest would qualify as war torn areas but how did they come to be so? Prior to being "war torn" what were the conditions and circumstances that led to their being worn torn in the first place? Why did conflict arise and what manifested it?

One can have a headache and just determine an aspirin will relieve the symptom and yet ignore the root cause of the underlying cancer that causes the headache to begin with.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
When did Congress declare war on Yemen ?
Before or after Obama starting using drone and cruise missiles on the citizens of Yemen ?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's called the war powers resolution and it's abuse of power is far reaching. Id say it's constitutionally questionable, but the bottom line is neither party will do anything about it because it's power that they want to preserve for when they get their turn in office.

It will be fine

When did Congress declare war on Yemen ?
Before or after Obama starting using drone and cruise missiles on the citizens of Yemen ?
Congress hasn't made a formal declaration of war since WW2. They've all but ceded that authority to the executive. Occasionally they authorize funds for a war but they don't weigh in on whether we go to war or not.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Congress hasn't made a formal declaration of war since WW2. They've all but ceded that authority to the executive. Occasionally they authorize funds for a war but they don't weigh in on whether we go to war or not.
If I recall correctly Obama actually went to congress for congressional approval to strike Syria but there was opposition on both sides of the aisle (which if you ask me is a good thing and kind of the point of having that process). Of course Obama just ended up doing it without their authorization....

Babagounj

Strength through joy
You know Trump could make all this nonsense about the courts to go away so easily .
Obama raised the cap of refugees at 100,000 for fiscal 2017 . The clock started on Oct.1, 2016 and currently Trump had dropped it to 50,000 . So far 34,225 have been allowed in .
All Trump needs to do is set the yearly number down to 35,000 or lower and all refugees resettlements would end until Oct 1, 2017 .

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The reason the 7 countries were on Both lists is for extreme vetting is because while they are war torn it is harder to verify the accuracy of documents. That's why it already takes years to go through the vetting process. The reason they are on Trumps list is for political cover so he can say Obama did it too.
Could it be the same reason?
I thought it was from the very beginning.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
There are reports that the Venezuela gov't has been selling passports in Iraq .
They have to come up with hard currency from somewhere .

newfie

You're dumb enough to buy the Trump lie. We already have extreme vetting. He wants a ban.

san bernadino went through extreme vetting ? Boston bombers went through extreme vetting? florida shooter went through exteme vetting.

I know you liberals think slap fighting is boxing but i'm talking about real vetting not the sissy stuff.

upload_2017-2-14_10-59-34.png

newfie

The San Bernardino shooter was an American born citizen.

all three example I gave were radicalized at some point and not discovered even though there were signs. Extreme vetting not only has to thoroughly screen those who want to come here but screen and question those who make or maintain contact with terrorist hot bed countries.