Cover driver forced to work Saturday

Overpaid Union Thug

Im very thankful, Saturdays just get old quick
When I am not on the 9.5 list and I’m looking for more hours I usually volunteer to work Saturdays whenever my seniority allows it.

When I was part time I hated Saturdays until I topped out as an air driver. By the time I had figured out I could disqualify myself from Saturday air and still be a TCD I was making top rate and was usually wanting to work Saturdays.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I used to work the occasional Saturday (at my regular rate of pay) and thought it was the easiest money I ever made. They would get upset with me when I delivered Monday air along with the Saturday air at bulk stops like Best Buy.

Suds

I used to work the occasional Saturday (at my regular rate of pay) and thought it was the easiest money I ever made. They would get upset with me when I delivered Monday air along with the Saturday air at bulk stops like Best Buy.

Lol I do that occasionally when I work Saturdays heck I'm going there anyway why not go ahead and deliver some more stuff when I notice it. And the thing that bothers me the most is that i get air pay on sat not my cover driver pay. Which is a huuuge (insert trump voice ) difference.

Suds

They does suck.

You gotta out your time in and pay your dues.

I get that and I not once complained when I was low man, now that I have senority on several people it's just aggrivating. Plus it's a 4 hour round trip to work for me and management knows that. That's 4 hours in my car to come in and drive 3 hours at air pay. That's why I dont wanna work Saturdays lol. Account for my gas and wear and tear on my vehicle I dont make jack coming in

I get that and I not once complained when I was low man, now that I have senority on several people it's just aggrivating. Plus it's a 4 hour round trip to work for me and management knows that. That's 4 hours in my car to come in and drive 3 hours at air pay. That's why I dont wanna work Saturdays lol. Account for my gas and wear and tear on my vehicle I dont make jack coming in
You need to talk to your steward.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

4 hour round trip??

542thruNthru

How much do you get paid a hour as a Cover Driver?

Suds

...and tell him what? He chose to work at a job that requires him to drive 2 hours each way. UPS did not force him to do this. Yes, it sucks, but it is not the company's fault.
Yeah its lol my fault. Long story short got a house in the city my significant other works as she has a better job than me and I was going to transfer as I was a loader at the time. As soon as we got the house I got sent to driving school and I dont want to give up my senority and go back to loading at a different center, so I've been making it work for the past year now. We plan on getting a house at the beginning of the year at a half way point. About 45 min each way to work for both of us, but till then I gotta deal with it

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah its lol my fault. Long story short got a house in the city my significant other works as she has a better job than me and I was going to transfer as I was a loader at the time. As soon as we got the house I got sent to driving school and I dont want to give up my senority and go back to loading at a different center, so I've been making it work for the past year now. We plan on getting a house at the beginning of the year at a half way point. About 45 min each way to work for both of us, but till then I gotta deal with it

I hope it works out well for you.