Cover Driver paid holiday

Brownie24

Not sure if this has been asked before, but as a cover driver, am I supposed to get paid cover rate for 8 hours or 4 hours hub rate since I was a preloader. I got different answers at work yesterday. I’m not a full time cover driver/utility but I have been scheduled to work the last 2 months and scheduled all this week of course due to peak.

Faceplanted

Not sure if this has been asked before, but as a cover driver, am I supposed to get paid cover rate for 8 hours or 4 hours hub rate since I was a preloader. I got different answers at work yesterday. I’m not a full time cover driver/utility but I have been scheduled to work the last 2 months and scheduled all this week of course due to peak.
You need to have a certain amount of reports as a driver the gear prior to get 8hr holiday pay in the southern. I forget the exact number.

RTCD

Cover pay if you work the other 4 days before and after the holiday... in this case M,T,W and friend or T,W,friend,S if you’re on a T-S schedule. The pay will say 4hrs preload on your timecard but then will change after you punch in/out as cover on the 5th day to 8hrs cover pay (Southern Supplement).

Brownie24

Cover pay if you work the other 4 days before and after the holiday... in this case M,T,W and friend or T,W,friend,S if you’re on a T-S schedule. The pay will say 4hrs preload on your timecard but then will change after you punch in/out as cover on the 5th day to 8hrs cover pay (Southern Supplement).
Thanks. It does show 4 hour hub rate holiday pay on the time card right now. I will see if it changes tomorrow(Friday)when I work or Saturday and if it, I’ll bring it up to my sup since I did work M,T, W. I’m in SoCal.

542thruNthru

Depends on your supplmental language. Judging by the fact you said cover/utility I'm guessing you're in the Southwest package?

542thruNthru

Thanks. It does show 4 hour hub rate holiday pay on the time card right now. I will see if it changes tomorrow(Friday)when I work or Saturday and if it, I’ll bring it up to my sup since I did work M,T, W. I’m in SoCal.

If you are southwest package rider then you get 8 hours as long as you're scheduled to work the week.

Section 38 of the southwest package rider.
sketch-1574958245629.jpg

charm299

In the southern supplement, you have to work as a driver the whole week that the holiday is in