COVER DRIVER

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
am I allowed to say no to driving tomorrow?

559898CE-CFCC-4C6E-99AC-A1980CDDFA86.gif

Why not

GenericUsername

If your primary job is preload and you're a qualified cover driver, you can't be forced to drive after your preload shift. Now, if you're coming in to drive every day and technically part time, then you just have the seniority over other cover drivers. Technically speaking, if you give them the notice, you don't have to drive any day you're not available to. That is until you sign a 22.4 bid sheet...

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Pick up the phone and call in tonight. Get paid for your normal shift. Or, go in, work your shift, and tell them point blank there is no way I can drive today; which in UPS sup speak that means "I don't want to be a driver." They'll probably be annoyed with you for saying no. Or they'll "force" you which will open up a whole nother can of worms.
I think you should bang out. You have good attendance? I have good attedance. The 3 times I've called in since I passed last January they haven't said a word to me over the phone or the next day. Keep your attendance good and you can pull the call out card for situations exactly like this.