Cover Route Using a Map

Seymour Packages

Decided to "help the company out" by coming in to work on my 6th day. Full disclosure: this was purely for my own, selfish financial benefit at time and a half all day. So I'm sent to do a relatively light suburban/rural Saturday route. 82 stops. My phone lost service at around 14:00 in the country. We don't have cradles at my building yet and mapnav wasn't working. So I sent a message that I would be driving to the gas station 2 miles back to buy a map due to no cell service and no mapnav. I start running the route old school. Not even an hour later I get a message "Need a meet point in 10 minutes." I am almost out of hours at this point. They sent a 22.4 to finish the route. He had no cell service or mapnav either. I handed him the map and wished him luck. I love Saturdays.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
you can just download the maps offline on google map, quick zoom in to see small streets
Yup. Pull over, look at the phone map. Put the damn phone away
“Left on Albuquerque, right on Jackson, 3122
Left on Albuquerque, right on Jackson, 3122
Left on Albuquerque, right on Jackson, 3122”
It’s really not that hard

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Decided to "help the company out" by coming in to work on my 6th day. Full disclosure: this was purely for my own, selfish financial benefit at time and a half all day. So I'm sent to do a relatively light suburban/rural Saturday route. 82 stops. My phone lost service at around 14:00 in the country. We don't have cradles at my building yet and mapnav wasn't working. So I sent a message that I would be driving to the gas station 2 miles back to buy a map due to no cell service and no mapnav. I start running the route old school. Not even an hour later I get a message "Need a meet point in 10 minutes." I am almost out of hours at this point. They sent a 22.4 to finish the route. He had no cell service or mapnav either. I handed him the map and wished him luck. I love Saturdays.
I wouldn’t let them know you love Saturday’s.

Driver7906

Back when I first started as a utility driver in packages, using a map book was the only way we learned routes. Drivers actually had to use their brains more. I miss those old days.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I have a new 8 cube coming in some time next week.

I'm actually a little disappointed that it won't have a cradle in it (we're out of cradles here at the moment) because I really do enjoy seeing what circuitous route it will send me to deliver a package 1100 feet away from wherever I'm parked.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I have a new 8 cube coming in some time next week.

I'm actually a little disappointed that it won't have a cradle in it (we're out of cradles here at the moment) because I really do enjoy seeing what circuitous route it will send me to deliver a package 1100 feet away from wherever I'm parked.
One of my pickups is out in the woods at a homeless camp. Every time I go there no one is there. Then they call and complain saying I never came by. Ive received three termination letters so far.

ouanling

HE SAID RURAL ROUTE
🧔✊
i know you're an undereducated simpleton but ive lived in developing countries for 15 years and have used google maps in the most remote part of the surrounding third world countries with no issues while driving tens of thousands of KMs. My country home is in a province that doesnt even have a mcdonalds yet my small street surrounded by msg and rice fields is perfectly accurate and so is the dirt road to a remote waterfall.

It does not take any skills to drive country routes in the USA, stop trying to undermine people. Any APE can do what you do at the same speed with a few weeks of experience.

Google maps is a convenience that works. You sound like a 80yo complaining about colored tv.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
i know you're an undereducated simpleton but ive lived in developing countries for 15 years and have used google maps in the most remote part of the surrounding third world countries with no issues while driving tens of thousands of KMs. My country home is in a province that doesnt even have a mcdonalds yet my small street surrounded by msg and rice fields is perfectly accurate and so is the dirt road to a remote waterfall.

It does not take any skills to drive country routes in the USA, stop trying to undermine people. Any APE can do what you do at the same speed with a few weeks of experience.

Google maps is a convenience that works. You sound like a 80yo complaining about colored tv.

i've driven every highway and nearly every side road from burma to cambodia and laos to singapore using only google maps. amazingly enough, even bangkok was no problem and that's a miracle considering bkk is a mess wrapped in a disaster and smothered in confusion.

ouanling

i've driven every highway and nearly every side road from burma to cambodia and laos to singapore using only google maps. amazingly enough, even bangkok was no problem and that's a miracle considering bkk is a mess wrapped in a disaster and smothered in confusion.
same here. I've been in places in laos that are probably roads made of bamboo sticks and no issues and we have this arrogant a** telling everyone everyday that maps are for inferior beings.

The rural delivery guys in Thailand are using google maps. These guys work faster and better than anyone at UPS. I've shipped a fridge from Phuket to the middle of nowhere in the north in 2 days. The 120lbs guy from ThaiPost never complained either.

Can't wait for this draconian bull:censored2: to be over in a few years, i'll be going back over there to reopen my businesses, far from the :censored2: that western civilization has become.

Seymour Packages

same here. I've been in places in laos that are probably roads made of bamboo sticks and no issues and we have this arrogant a** telling everyone everyday that maps are for inferior beings.

The rural delivery guys in Thailand are using google maps. These guys work faster and better than anyone at UPS. I've shipped a fridge from Phuket to the middle of nowhere in the north in 2 days. The 120lbs guy from ThaiPost never complained either.

Can't wait for this draconian bull* to be over in a few years, i'll be going back over there to reopen my businesses, far from the * that western civilization has become.
Do you need help packing?