Covering a route that normally goes out with 140

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Off topic but I am not allowed to make a new thread...been covering a route that normally goes out with 140...every day it's gone up about 20 stops now it's at 230...said around 5 o'clock I may need help...sup called all pissed saying wtf I need people who can go out and get the job done...I've gotten help I think twice in my six months driving and I ALWAYS get sent out to help other people when I'm done...can they write you up or anything for needing help

billerz

Off topic but I am not allowed to make a new thread...been covering a route that normally goes out with 140...every day it's gone up about 20 stops now it's at 230...said around 5 o'clock I may need help...sup called all :censored2: saying wtf I need people who can go out and get the job done...I've gotten help I think twice in my six months driving and I ALWAYS get sent out to help other people when I'm done...can they write you up or anything for needing help
No, just don't miss service and you good

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So, 140 is eight hours plus and you are doing 90 more stops? Doesn't add up? You are getting in at what time?

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
So by Friday you are out of hours? What about your pick ups?
I called in sick Monday so I had plenty of hours...there were 6 pickups with a total of only ten boxes...the guy who does the route has been on it 27 years it's an easy easy route...first day I did it was awesome but every day since they add stuff...I thought that was a known thing they did...add more and more and more until you physically can't do it

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Happens all the time when bid route drivers take their vacation all at once. A route that usually goes out with 150 will go out with 190 for the whole month they're on vacation. They know what they're doing to you don't sweat it. If you need help so be it. And no, they can't write you up for it.

onestoptogo

If you go out with 140, only 28 stops are businesses, and you're getting done at 8:30. Then you're dragging ass and you need to pick up the pace.
This is not necessarily true. It is all about the area your delivering and the miles you are driving. Some rural routes could do this to you.

ManInBrown

It's what they do. Bid driver goes on vacation and mysteriously the route has 25-35 extra stops. My route goes out with 140-150. And I get back between 7:45-8:15 every night. When I went on vacation last month it went out with 170 every day. That'd be a 10:00 night for me, every day of the week.

Don't even sweat it. Be consistent every day and use the methods every day. DO NOT SET A PRECEDENT that you can do it. It's the kiss of death that these young drivers don't understand.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The OP sounds like a lot of the cover drivers in my building that burn the routes up regardless of what they are on,in and off by 1830 at the latest(achieved by running,speeding and working unsafely) and cant figure out why the stop count keeps increasing.these guys will get mad as hell in the morning.storm off and burn it up

novadriver

Off topic but I am not allowed to make a new thread...been covering a route that normally goes out with 140...every day it's gone up about 20 stops now it's at 230...said around 5 o'clock I may need help...sup called all :censored2: saying wtf I need people who can go out and get the job done...I've gotten help I think twice in my six months driving and I ALWAYS get sent out to help other people when I'm done...can they write you up or anything for needing help

They cant do sheeit to you.. If you need help send a message thru diad, don't answer your cell phone if a sup calls. most likely they wanna harass you, ON YOUR PHONE!! Pick a pace and stick to it.. Dont run!!

I used to worry like you until one day during peak they sent me out with a bricked out rental. I toldem "may have possible missed business, send help", they didnt believe me.. They didnt send help before my lunch time..I took my lunch at my normal time, did my 20+pups, then attempted business I couldnt get off and I had missed business..They didnt even take me in the office. And now when i tellem I'll have missed business they come running to take the business stops off me... lolll

Don't misunderstand me ... I'll do my best to get the business completed. I don't go out and try to have missed but if I can't finish my business before my normal lunch time.. oh well tough sheeit..

I do about 60+ business stops with around 400-600 pcs per day though.. and pickup 200-350pcs per day.

My avatar will give you an idea of the amount of crap I deliver loll

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The OP sounds like a lot of the cover drivers in my building that burn the routes up regardless of what they are on,in and off by 1830 at the latest(achieved by running,speeding and working unsafely) and cant figure out why the stop count keeps increasing.these guys will get mad as hell in the morning.storm off and burn it up
Being able to not record a lunch and burn up a route is one of the only benefits of being a cover driver. You can actually be home at 6 o'clock and have a life outside of work. The problems come when you're on a route for more than a two or three day stretch. That's when you have to play the long game like the bid driver.

QKRSTKR

Being able to not record a lunch and burn up a route is one of the only benefits of being a cover driver. You can actually be home at 6 o'clock and have a life outside of work. The problems come when you're on a route for more than a two or three day stretch. That's when you have to play the long game like the bid driver.
And here in lies the problem. That mentality. If you would work normally and take a lunch then the stop count wouldn't increase by the third day. Keep burning them all up then when you run said routes they'll make sure to add 20 or 30 more stops the first day your on it.