Covid deliveries

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Okay so I have been Driver Releasing every package and singing all signature required COVID. I was told to do this by a supervisor. They said “we’re not supposed to make customer contact.” Today the lady that handles all claims sent me a message to not override this particular apartment complex. These apartments are pretty sketchy. But I was just doing what was asked. Am I in the wrong?

542thruNthru

Okay so I have been Driver Releasing every package and singing all signature required COVID. I was told to do this by a supervisor. They said “we’re not supposed to make customer contact.” Today the lady that handles all claims sent me a message to not override this particular apartment complex. These apartments are pretty sketchy. But I was just doing what was asked. Am I in the wrong?

You should never sing about that.

Sixth Punch Sense

Never release a signature required delivery without seeing the customer. Never. Fireable offense, Sup keeps their job though.

rod

Retired 22 years
Never release a signature required delivery without seeing the customer. Never. Fireable offense, Sup keeps their job though.
I don't get why that makes any difference. If the customer is shifty its his word against yours if he got the package and you know who UPS will believe.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't get why that makes any difference. If the customer is shifty its his word against yours if he got the package and you know who UPS will believe.
There’s been no large scale follow ups as far as I know.

If covid has done anything. It’s kind of proved signatures are largely worthless.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
No. If it’s signature required you make sure the person is home. Then you sign the board covid-19
Oh okay. See I was gone for 6 weeks so I didn’t get the memo. None of the supervisors know anything one told me to get the last name and the other one told me to leave them. It’s very annoying.