Covid deliveries

Est.1998

Okay so I have been Driver Releasing every package and singing all signature required COVID. I was told to do this by a supervisor. They said “we’re not supposed to make customer contact.” Today the lady that handles all claims sent me a message to not override this particular apartment complex. These apartments are pretty sketchy. But I was just doing what was asked. Am I in the wrong?
At my hub, signature req pkgs require contact. Meaning you need to speak to someone before releasing the pkg.
Sign the board covid, covid19, or c19, and type in the person name.
Apts where things get missing, knock on the door, wait for someone to answer. No answer? NI1, infonotice. Hopefully they have an access point and you don't have to see the pkg the next day. Some one answers, dr to person.

Ghost in the Darkness

We have moved on from signing Covid19 and cvd before their name. For a few weeks now we sign CD and just type the receivers name.
How many of you also have sups that instruct drivers to use EC on some of these great summer days?

Ackerlin

If it is small/an envelope/Amazon box, I wait to see customer, hand it over and scribble some line and put in covid. But if that :censored2:er is a high value/tv/ something that even looks close to valuable, I'm grabbing a legitimate signature. I'm probably gonna start grabbing signatures for these nike boxes as well, 90% of the time customers are pulling fraud on those deliveries.

Undertow

Okay so I have been Driver Releasing every package and singing all signature required COVID. I was told to do this by a supervisor. They said “we’re not supposed to make customer contact.” Today the lady that handles all claims sent me a message to not override this particular apartment complex. These apartments are pretty sketchy. But I was just doing what was asked. Am I in the wrong?
I'd take a picture of that screen message to start and then send it to both your immediate sup and the union steward while asking the question of "Is this just for these apartments today only or for all areas each day going forward?".

At least with taking the picture, You have a time stamp for evidence that might be needed later in case the DR's go bad in "Sketchyville ".

Brown Buddy

UPSnBrowns
Any signature better than none but like another member said worthless overall if dispute or claim it doesn’t mean much. Good luck with claims or loss with any major courier including USPS :) or others...unless your third party software offers it. Those are worth a lot to a customer or business.

barnyard

KTM rider
Pretty sure we had official training over it
I don't remember seeing any.

We were told to sign COVID and type in the last name of the person that receives the packages, adding CVD after their name. I have a few code 4 apt buildings on my route and if they are home, I do SDN and type in their name. If no one is home, leave a delivery notice and try again the next day.

What has become way more prevalent is people waiting until I am back to the truck before they come to the door. 3/4s of them easily. Same with RS1 tags. Come running out with a package yelling at me to take it. Me, "You need to do a much better job taping that."

barnyard

KTM rider
Meh, ive been putting the call tag right on the item. No box. Happy birthday Amazon
2 people on my route have accused me of opening their packages and looking through them. I don't carry tape because of them. 1 of them was recent enough that I still deliver to him as late as I possibly can without wrecking my trace too much.

Poop Head

Judge me.
2 people on my route have accused me of opening their packages and looking through them. I don't carry tape because of them. 1 of them was recent enough that I still deliver to him as late as I possibly can without wrecking my trace too much.
I know, i remember the story. Im saying, people just hand me their items, no box, no packaging. I stick the call tag on. I stuck a tag right on some off brand Beats earphones a couple days ago, thumbs up, "good to go!"

Edit: i do this for Amazon RS1 only.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
we've been instructed to sign CD in the signature box for "Covid Delivery" then type the customers last name. i've only been driving for just over a month but if i had a nickel for every person who asked me why they needed a signature for their cheap amazon crap i could think about retiring.

rustys954rr

MVIMG_20200829_100643.jpg