Covid pay shows up as an adjustment

iruhnman630

How sick were you? I know more and more are getting the antibody test too.
Mild illness.

About 3-4 days of dry cough, chest tightness and pain, headache, fevers, chills, loss of appetite, legs hurt, tired. Got short of breath from talking. Cough lasted longer.

And I still would like to get the antibody test.

Last edited:

iruhnman630

Something to note:

With no official company policy yet in place about returning to work I was left to follow the CDC and doctor recommended guidelines of 7 days from onset (I was off 11) and 72 hours fever free (I was 7 days).

When the approval finally came in, it was for the full 2 weeks (10 paid days) after. I missed a total of 6 workdays. In hindsight, I would have taken the full 2 for peace of mind. But I was already back.

If you get sick or isolated, take the full 2. It is not hard to get approval.

DRporch

Something to note:

With no official company policy yet in place about returning to work I was left to follow the CDC and doctor recommended guidelines of 7 days from onset (I was off 11) and 72 hours fever free (I was 7 days).

When the approval finally came in, it was for the full 2 weeks (10 paid days) after. I missed a total of 6 workdays. In hindsight, I would have taken the full 2 for peace of mind. But I was already back.

If you get sick or isolated, take the full 2. It is not hard to get approval.
What did you put to be approved so easily? I went before they had this pay relief system, didn’t get a dr note as it wasn’t needed. Been going at it for a month trying to get paid for the 2 weeks I was forced to be off.

after I found out I needed one tried calling hospital and hospital would not write a note

iruhnman630

What did you put to be approved so easily? I went before they had this pay relief system, didn’t get a dr note as it wasn’t needed. Been going at it for a month trying to get paid for the 2 weeks I was forced to be off.

after I found out I needed one tried calling hospital and hospital would not write a note
Did you fill out the forms?

There are about 8 yes/no questions that cover pretty much the whole gammet of qualifying scenarios, like this:

Have you....?
If no, then go to the next question.
If yes, then .....

At which point you provide the required information, in PDF format.

I ended up turning in the post-visit summary from the covid testing prescreen phone visit.

It took a few weeks and some re-files before it all came together.

DRporch

Did you fill out the forms?

There are about 8 yes/no questions that cover pretty much the whole gammet of qualifying scenarios, like this:

Have you....?
If no, then go to the next question.
If yes, then .....

At which point you provide the required information, in PDF format.

I ended up turning in the post-visit summary from the covid testing prescreen phone visit.

It took a few weeks and some re-files before it all came together.

yeah I’ve filled it out twice, I included my post summary with the hospital stating why I was there but it doesn’t say “quarantine for 14 days” this hotline for me has been a joke I call for help but they can’t help or give me different answers every time. Been 3 weeks since it was sent to the “decision maker”

iruhnman630

yeah I’ve filled it out twice, I included my post summary with the hospital stating why I was there but it doesn’t say “quarantine for 14 days” this hotline for me has been a joke I call for help but they can’t help or give me different answers every time. Been 3 weeks since it was sent to the “decision maker”
so you havent been denied?

But did you get the email saying it was recieved and is being reviewed for final approval?

If you dud then you just need to wait it out. They are probably backed up.

MattM

I don't think any of our quarantined guys went through that process. You're very lucky op.

Way too big of a headache for many.

iruhnman630

I don't think any of our quarantined guys went through that process. You're very lucky op.

Way too big of a headache for many.
Not much else to do while in quarantine. Might as well spend some time getting two weeks pay.

And really not that difficult. Just remember to fill it out accurately and attach pdf copies of any forms you turn in.

File the paperwork, people. They are offering the stay-home pay for a reason. The worst that can happen is you dont qualify and get denied.

Anybody who is told to stay home, either by doctor or by UPS, is supposed to get paid.