UPS to cut sorting shifts in New York, Rhode Island and Virginia

anonymous23456

435 million dollar fine he just got for lying about the value of his property in New York would beg to differ with this statement
He borrowed money from private banks. It's private banks problem and they said no. He paid back all his loans. What's our problem? It isn't anyone problem that you lied about your house value and borrowed money from Bank of America! Tax payers were not harmed in the process.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
He borrowed money from private banks. It's private banks problem and they said no. He paid back all his loans. What's our problem? It isn't anyone problem that you lied about your house value and borrowed money from Bank of America! Tax payers were not harmed in the process.
The banks were lining up to do more business with him.

Madcat47

The looming closures add to layoffs the delivery giant is making at facilities in at least five other states. UPS will soon shrink its package sorting operations and lay off employees at facilities in New York, Rhode Island and Virginia as the delivery giant continues to adjust to volume declines. The night sortation shift at UPS’ Mechanicsville, Virginia, facility will close this Saturday. Additionally, the day sort at the company’s Warwick, Rhode Island, facility will close April 2 and its Maspeth, New York, night sort will shutter May 10. Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act posts say the Warwick closure will impact 130 employees, and the Maspeth closure will affect 66 workers.

I was just sent this on another site I am a member of. It is a list of suposedly confirmed presant and future closures so far.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240225-180945_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240225-180945_Facebook.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 14

dudebro

Even you're too smart to believe that these layoffs are because of our contract. Troll.
Right or wrong this management group told investors they'd make CoVid profits for the forseeable future and now the revenue doesn't support that cost structure.

So, yes, making 9 billion instead of 12 billion a year means UPS isn't delivering on their Wall St. promises, and BlackRock, Vanguard, and State Street bank want to know what UPS is going to do about it, otherwise they'll tell their investors to dump the stock, and that's where the true power resides in the world economy, not with the Boards of Directors.

Obviously the company never met a margin improvement it didn't like, but if you think the increased cost of labor had nothing to do with the acceleration in the reduction in labor force, management and hourly, you're mistaken.

dudebro

I was just sent this on another site I am a member of. It is a list of suposedly confirmed presant and future closures so far.
Only listing closures presents a biased view of the data, and makes it much more doom and gloom than maybe it really is. I happen to live in NJ, so I know hundreds of jobs were created in Bayonne in the past year, but I can't seem to find that in the news anywhere. I do see the ISLNY and MTONJ items listed. You'd think Bayonne would move the needle too, and that's just new buildings. I guess adding jobs is kinda meh for all these Redditors.

When they close Baltimore day, for example, how many more people will work in Burtonsville a half hour away? I don't know, but I do know the newspapers and even the people working in Burtonsville wouldnt really notice if the building hired 100 more people, and the news wouldn't go out in a WARN act letter.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So, if everybody did it would that be ok?