Covid Vaccinations

purplelife

Fedex express employees in New York city, San Francisco and Puerto Rico will be required to be vaccinated or have an exception filed. Local ordinance started today but requirement starts in February to allow time.

btrlov

confirm NYC employees are required to be vaxxed. option to go to NJ, but NJ will inevitably mandate too. Pretty risky move for new and handling employees that have little to lose by quitting .

Artee

Sounds like FDX is not the one doing the mandating, but the local city governments that are requiring that upon employers in order to be able to do business within the communities. After this far less lethal variant of Omicron passes, and if the next one is even less severe, why is the shot(which only has a 30% effective rate with double jab with Omicron) still being pushed along with employer mandates? The government should be working hard on therapeutics and getting people back to work, rather than requiring an outdated vaccine and threatening people with their livelihood should they not take it.

yadig

Sounds like FDX is not the one doing the mandating, but the local city governments that are requiring that upon employers in order to be able to do business within the communities. After this far less lethal variant of Omicron passes, and if the next one is even less severe, why is the shot(which only has a 30% effective rate with double jab with Omicron) still being pushed along with employer mandates? The government should be working hard on therapeutics and getting people back to work, rather than requiring an outdated vaccine and threatening people with their livelihood should they not take it.
Control

rod

Retired 22 years
1642102240088.png

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I look for Manchin to surrender his current party affiliation register as an independent and continue to try and straddle the fence going from an independent political force to an impotent political force.
Would rather see him join the GOP so the Dems lose their majority.

59 Dano

Nutty liberalism at work.

bacha29

Would rather see him join the GOP so the Dems lose their majority.
Would be perfect for the GOP Another hand wringer too afraid to try something but like his other GOP pals always out front to take credit for legislation that works out well despite having voted against it.

bacha29

Nutty liberalism at work.
Earlier today SCOTUS tossed the question of how to best combat the pandemic by overturning Biden's vaccine mandate tossing it back to the local and state governments to figure out what to do. it's now up to "nutty liberalism" to find a way to keep the healthcare system from collapsing under the weight of the avalanche of unnecessary COVID patients.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Earlier today SCOTUS tossed the question of how to best combat the pandemic by overturning Biden's vaccine mandate tossing it back to the local and state governments to figure out what to do. it's now up to "nutty liberalism" to find a way to keep the healthcare system from collapsing under the weight of the avalanche of unnecessary COVID vaccine patients.
fixed it for you

59 Dano

Would be perfect for the GOP Another hand wringer too afraid to try something but like his other GOP pals always out front to take credit for legislation that works out well despite having voted against it.
I don't have any idea what you're rambling about and neither do you.

59 Dano

Earlier today SCOTUS tossed the question of how to best combat the pandemic by overturning Biden's vaccine mandate tossing it back to the local and state governments to figure out what to do. it's now up to "nutty liberalism" to find a way to keep the healthcare system from collapsing under the weight of the avalanche of unnecessary COVID patients.
And we can count on nutty liberals to do what they always do, which is something that's stupid, illegal, unconscionable, or some combination thereof. The attempt at a mandate was stupid and illegal. Their current tactic is to claim that COVID is now no worse than the common cold and can't be stopped -AND- also a fate worse than death that can be prevented with mask mandates, vaccine mandates, and panic spending. That is stpuid.

bacha29

I don't have any idea what you're rambling about and neither do you.
Then why to this date has no GOP governor returned their COVID relief money when not a single member of their states GOP congressional delegation voted for it? Let's see you try to explain the rationale for not standing behind they party.