Covid Vaccinations

bacha29

So you're saying that Medicare and Medicaid are what's keeping hospitals open, that they can't function sustainably by private insurance and patient reimbursement.

That exercise of control by the federal government should frighten you.
It's my understanding that Fat Freddy's joke of a retiree healthcare plan is tied heavily to Medicare and of course Medicaid when the time arrives. Therefore when you enroll if you haven't already done so rest assured that you will breathe a very heavy sigh of relief . I guarantee it. Of course you don't have to enroll. You can go out in the open market and purchase your own coverage if you chose. I wouldn't recommend it because you're liable to have a heart attack when you see the size of your premium bill.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It's my understanding that Fat Freddy's joke of a retiree healthcare plan is tied heavily to Medicare and of course Medicaid when the time arrives. Therefore when you enroll if you haven't already done so rest assured that you will breathe a very heavy sigh of relief . I guarantee it. Of course you don't have to enroll. You can go out in the open market and purchase your own coverage if you chose. I wouldn't recommend it because you're liable to have a heart attack when you see the size of your premium bill.
Nearly every time you respond to something, what you post is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Renaming you Mr. Off-on-a-Tangent.

bacha29

Nearly every time you respond to something, what you post is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Renaming you Mr. Off-on-a-Tangent.
Say what you want about me but what clearly stands out here is that you do not deny the fact that Fat Freddy's retired employee healthcare plan is heavily dependent on Medicare and Medicaid benefits. And BTW and FDX retirees might be glad to know that under Build Back Better hearing aids will be covered under Medicare with replacements every 5 years. What retiree has an extra 4K+ sitting around for hearing aids?

bacha29

View attachment 360724
You think this is funny do you? Right now a colonoscopy is all that stands between YOU and a colostomy bag. FYI I had a colonoscopy earlier this week, trusting the process, believing in the science and the people who have dedicated their entire lives to the pursuit of greater knowledge in the fight against colorectal cancer. And FYI aside from concern regarding my need to focus on proper hydration everything else came back spot on clean as a whistle.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Say what you want about me but what clearly stands out here is that you do not deny the fact that Fat Freddy's retired employee healthcare plan is heavily dependent on Medicare and Medicaid benefits. And BTW and FDX retirees might be glad to know that under Build Back Better hearing aids will be covered under Medicare with replacements every 5 years. What retiree has an extra 4K+ sitting around for hearing aids?
Bose has entered the hearing aid market with $850 set.

bacha29

Yes.
It's a joke.
I'm sorry I insulted the stupid vaccine mandates that your dear supreme cult leader sloppy Joe Robinette Biden tried but failed to implement.

BTW, he sexually molested his daughter Ashley.
Disgusting people you idolize.
I really do feel sorry for you. You'll believe every single conspiracy somebody cooks up that stands to portray a member of the left in a negative light because it makes you feel important. And when one conspiracy theory has been debunked you simply move onto the next.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You'll believe every single conspiracy somebody cooks up that stands to portray a member of the left in a negative light
I really do feel sorry for you.

You'll ignore the fact that your dear supreme leader sloppy joe is a child molester, because you don't care what it takes to get your sick radical left wing ideology implemented.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Those cheap ones are everywhere. And if you noticed they are called "hearing devices". It's a product liability and performance slight of hand. That is why they're simply called "devices".
You obviously have never purchased a Bose product.

And they’re hearing AIDS.

bacha29

You obviously have never purchased a Bose product.

And they’re hearing AIDS.

Now as for this great hearing device... did you read the disclaimer? Obviously not.
It plainly states that it might help only those with a "mild to moderate" hearing loss. By the time a person reaches the final years of their lives (and it can happen much earlier) their hearing loss is more often than not well beyond that initial; stage. That's when the professionals come into play.

Secondly and this is the problem many hearing aid devices have and that is background noise. While your BOSE unit might be a bit better than some of the other off the shelf one size fits all units the manufacturer recognizes that it's unit can still present the purchaser with a similar back ground noise potential.

Yes, professional units are costly, however if Medicare were to cover hearing aids the hearing service will have to decide if it's willing to take Medicare assignment or risk losing a major share of it's business. This in turn could help reduce the staggering cost of professional grade hearing aids.

Yes, your unit might be able to help those with a "mild to moderate" hearing loss if they are not covered under an insurance plan and have limited means. At the same time however what the manufacturer is saying that it's product is generally designed to be able to provide a limited amount of relief for a limited amount of time meaning that there is a cutoff point where the pros have to get involved. And here's the good news....Hearing loss is hereditary.