Covid19 leave/ pay process

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I have a co-worker who was out last year and said he didn't get workers comp papers or a liberty mutual call and he was out longer than I was.
My sup didn't have an answer nor did the ups myHR people. So now I have to get ahold of the liberty mutual guy and figure out what's going on. It doesn't help that the day he called I was sick as heck.
Good luck I tried calling them. Left a message. They never called me back. I hate insurance.

Roller252

Just filed mine yesterday so we'll c the info says 5-7 days for a determination but then after u submit it magically changes

"Due to the significant number of requests we are receiving it may take up to 14 business days to process. "

Well this is really helpful when you're applying for 10 days off it takes 14 just to find out if you're approved.

Roller252

cant we just file a grievance
That is the first thing I'll be doing if they deny my Covid claim.

As I see it this is a benefit that once it is provided to a single bargaining unit employee it should and must be for all.

If you are fortunate enough to endure the entirety of this pandemic without the need to invoke this emergency leave then you should be awarded 10 days bonus safety pay.

Ghost in the Darkness

So from what I was able to get out Liberty Mutual rep, I think UPS is trying to absolve itself from liability down the road since none of us really know what long term effects covid has on the body... (i.e... cancers...organ failure...strokes... etc). Allegedly every positive case is on the list to be called... not saying I believe the rep but thats the angle with the workers comp and Liberty Mutual involvement. The rep said its a seperate issue from the covid sick pay. So this is about protecting UPS from future liability to disabilities from covid exposure on the job.
In my opinion this may be something those with underlying conditions may want to take very seriously... checking all the boxes, dotting all the i's & crossing all the t's.

Ghost in the Darkness

Don't answer your phone from numbers you don't recognize. The first few days I was out sick my phone was blowing up from numbers I didn't recognize.
Also refuse the liberty mutual people from recording you questions. Tell them you are sick and need to rest.. . can't answer questions intelligently being sick. Even better don't answer the phone at all.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Just got this email this morning.

Your request for Emergency Paid Leave has been reviewed and approved.

UPS reserves the right to request supporting documentation for your absence at a later date.

Please respond or feel free to raise questions regarding this matter by replying to this email.

Please do not make changes to the subject line in the reply.

Best Regards,
UPS HR Services

nWo

UPS reserves the right to request supporting documentation for your absence at a later date.

Please respond or feel free to raise questions regarding this matter by replying to this email.

Best Regards,
UPS HR Services
What day did you send in the application?

Heavy Package

Tested postive for covid last week. Im lost on how to start the claim for covid pay, can someone help?

Go into the office. When your supervisor says he can't understand what you are saying, pull your mask down and say clearly that you have been diagnosed with Covid and need to fill out the proper form. Touch all the pens, do a slight cough, and wipe your nose before you leave the office.

Greens13

Best Regards,
UPS HR Services
After the emai. How long did it take ro get paid?

xkingx

Did it back in July and it Took almost three months for my pay. The way I finally would get quick responses was I would send an email and fwdit to them back to back a good five to six times. I sent PDF of patient first instructions to quarantine. Easy process

Last edited:

chayceb78

I had covid on 12/26/20 was off for 2 weeks got paid for it. So my question is if you get covid again do you get the 10 paid days again in a new year?