Covid19 leave/ pay process

nWo

Seems to take 5-6 weeks for the payment to show up. But everyone in our building who was legitimately ordered to quarantine got paid for it.

Ghost in the Darkness

Did you all have to fill out worker's comp stuff? I thought the Covid pay was agreed upon between the IBT and UPS or this just the UPS way of handling the process... seems like an added headache for all involved.

ouanling

if only it took only a few minutes to get a test done. Some kids in my kid's class have it so im probably positive. Wouldnt mind a 2 weeks vacation

Ghost in the Darkness

I've been getting worker's comp paperwork in the mail the last couple of days. I filled out the HR paperwork last week after I went out sick, the comp stuff has just started showing up in the mail.

derrick

i did mine and the HR person was well a ups HR person. they didn't even read my paperwork and said I forgot to put my name and doctors information. SO I sent a email back saying Please READ the paperwork and the 2 PDF files sent. Also how do you know my name in the email but say you don't know my name.

they sent me a message two days later saying they are processing it. makes me realize why they aren't around anymore.

Porknado

Been 4 weeks here. They keep emailing me every 10 days telling me they didn’t get the test result that I’ve already sent them. If I could get a human on the phone I’d tell them to go stand at the fax machine and hold their hand out.

nWo

I don't think getting an illness would qualify as workman's comp. Did someone in your center tell you to fill out workman's comp stuff?

Ghost in the Darkness

I've got to check when I go back tomorrow... it seemed odd to me with agreement in place with the union already. Thats why I wondered if anyone else has encountered this.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I don't think getting an illness would qualify as workman's comp. Did someone in your center tell you to fill out workman's comp stuff?
No liberty mutual just called me out of the blue asking questions. Then I find workers comp paper work in the mail. It had a prescription card and everything.

Ghost in the Darkness

I have a co-worker who was out last year and said he didn't get workers comp papers or a liberty mutual call and he was out longer than I was.
My sup didn't have an answer nor did the ups myHR people. So now I have to get ahold of the liberty mutual guy and figure out what's going on. It doesn't help that the day he called I was sick as heck.