Craziest firing you've seen at UPS?

undies

I was written up with a discharge for forgetting to take out my plugs(earrings). My manager has it out for me for sure. It never went anywhere but the fact that they took it that far just further reinforces how petty they can get.

Big Babooba

A driver told me once, wayyyyyyy back before the diad wad even a thought, during peak season, if a driver was just fed up with the job he would come in ad usual in the morning, leave the building, drive to the nearest strip mall, ditch the truck, not one package being delivered, and just go home. By the time the Center caught wind (however they did that), on roads and sups had to go hunting for the abandoned truck. Funniest thing I ever heard.

I heard this happened in my facility, and drivers that came over after their facilities were consolidated into ours told us the same thing happened in theirs.

​I think it's a UPS urban legend.

It's not. I remember it happening a couple of times. One driver ditched the truck out in the middle of nowhere and called the office to go get their truck. The other driver drove the truck behind the building, parked it with all the red-tagged trucks, took off and was never seen again.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
We've got a driver that parked a truck and left.
Idk if he let them know or let them figure it out on their own, but he still works at ups & is the biggest complainer I know! Every time I cover his route, each customer goes out of their way to tell me how much he complains.
Life's too short if this job makes you that unhappy

brostalss

YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS ONE UP.
Not too long ago we had a driver purchase several five gallon buckets of paint while on route. Ok no big deal. Are you already asking where did he put the buckets of paint? That's right. In the back on the TOP SHELF. So while finishing deliveries at least one or two buckets fell and you guessed it, paint all over. Dripping out the back on city streets leaving a nice paint trail. REALLY? So he finishes then heads in. Goes to our car wash and tries to hose off the paint in the back. THE PAINT IS GOING IN THE CITY DRAIN!!!!! Hazmat spill. Local fire and hazmat team called to clean it up. I heard it was over $20000 in fines and clean up costs.

He then has the nerve to ask for the remaining buckets of paint that didn't break open. Management said no. He calls police on our center manager.

​He no longer works for UPS.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I had one on Road supe get fired for not having a drivers license. He was training a new driver and was hit when a person blew through a stop sign,and when the police were called he couldn't produce one due to having it taken away over a DUI which he somehow forgot to report.

Another On Road Supe went through a DUI Road Block and when his car tag was run by the police it came back as being registered to a UPS truck and he was arrested for having a repoted stolen tag,and was terminated

Back in the old days when UPS hired seasonal drivers we had one fellow that was told by HR this would be a permanent position .When his fellow drivers told him he would be gone after Dec 25 he took the Mall Route truck out and went home. Of course the mall called the center raising sand about not having delvieries,and later not having pick ups made. The center manager went looking for him,the police were called and no UPS man was found. About 630-7 he took the truck back in and tossed a supe the keys. The on roads and center manager went beserk, and three of them took the truck back out to deliver and pick up a the mall

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I've got another one...a driver with 22 years had a Mom & Pop General store stop that usually got COD's. When he'd come in to collect the money, the person would leave the front counter to go and write a check. While back there the driver would take 10-15 dollars out of the till. The store finally called UPS after god knows how long cause they couldn't figure out how they were coming up short on their money almost every time the driver made a delivery. Management went out and before the driver got there marked the bills and waited for him to make the stop down the street. Sure enough, after stopping him down the road after the General store stop, he had the ink all over his hands and you guessed it, was caught red handed.

curiousbrain

We have a driver who made a delivery, and then left the consignee's doorstep; in a hurry, the consignee goes out to look for him, wanting to give him a letter or some sort of pickup. She comes off the doorstep, around the corner, and finds him taking a leak on the side of her house.

He still works here.

We have a driver who made a delivery, and then left the consignee's doorstep; in a hurry, the consignee goes out to look for him, wanting to give him a letter or some sort of pickup. She comes off the doorstep, around the corner, and finds him taking a leak on the side of her house.

He still works here.
When you gotta Go.you gotta go!!!......Life goes on! Hope it wasn't cold outside!!!!!....LOL

wornoutupser

Its not an urban legend!

Its how I got my driving job! Really!

Driver went out, locked the keys in the truck pre diad days and went home! I had a driving job the next day and that was over 28 years ago!

FilingBluesFL

So what. I know people like this. You know what we call them? People who stand up for themselves.

Unfortunatly, my brother, it was not for "stading up for himself." Things like calling out for being drunk, no call no shows due to passing out a few hours befor start time, drunk.

Failed random drug tests due to pissing cocain, etc. etc.

I stand up for the right for anyone to party... but party responsibly... especially when you've got a kid to support.

I don't remember if he got a warning letter or a termination letter for simulating sexual acts with a package one morning lol

FilingBluesFL

He's also been in at least two fist-fights with helpers that I know of. Management had to go and pick up the helper off the route with face all bloody in at least one of them.