Crazy start times

unloady

Have you guys seen anything like this? 3:52? Trying to save 3 minutes of paying package handlers? Seems like a bunch of nonsense. Anyone else have this?

Attachments

• iOS Image - 407095168.jpg
    iOS Image - 407095168.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 295

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Have you guys seen anything like this? 3:52? Trying to save 3 minutes of paying package handlers? Seems like a bunch of nonsense. Anyone else have this?
I think every center has had this problem at least once in the past. Honestly suprising you start any later than 4 with how much of a thole my building currently looks like. Peak is coming, they can't keep those wacky times up indefinitely.

PCLoadPackage

We have different start times based on our position on the belt. The splitters at the head of the belt start 4-5 minutes earlier than the people at the far end. Gotta cut down those labor costs! :rolleyes: We see weird times like that every week. I'm starting at 4:54 this week.

unloady

We have different start times based on our position on the belt. The splitters at the head of the belt start 4-5 minutes earlier than the people at the far end. Gotta cut down those labor costs! :rolleyes: We see weird times like that every week. I'm starting at 4:54 this week.

Yea, this just recently happened. Never had such specific start times.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Maybe they're trying to make people late so they can write them up?

Dunno, but seems like they're trying to make something simple overly complicated. It's not like they make a habit out of that, though. ;)

Maybe they're trying to make people late so they can write them up?

Dunno, but seems like they're trying to make something simple overly complicated. It's not like they make a habit out of that, though. ;)
With 50 to 100 employees on a preload, saving 5 minutes could mean a total savings of over 6 hours. Or $100 a day in labor cost, $500/wk.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Give it back to them. Don't give them a free second. Stand by your station with a watch until it hits exactly your start time no matter what.
I second this, it was a very important factor towards convincing them to bring start times back to 5 minute intervals.
Those of us that were not chronically late would stand around at 3:50 and savor those two extra minutes.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I see far too many people grabbing scanners and doing general job setup for free. This thread is an excellent example of why you don't work until you are punched in and being paid for time.