Crazy UPS!

BigBrownboxx

We have 8 22.4 drivers in my center that have worked 8 days total this year. (Saturday) they are laid off every other day. I feel horrible for them because some of them have a family to feed. It’s a good job. But it’s going to take some of the lower guys years to start making good money. They are “on call” everyday. It’s crazy

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
We have 8 22.4 drivers in my center that have worked 8 days total this year. (Saturday) they are laid off every other day. I feel horrible for them because some of them have a family to feed. It’s a good job. But it’s going to take some of the lower guys years to start making good money. They are “on call” everyday. It’s crazy
Crazy. Like read the contract.

Well that's called being on the bottom of the seniority list

Let's see the union friend** her muscles and say this is a combo flex job and let them work inside making their driver rate

clean hairy

Are they new hires working making seniority?
If so, not much that can be done.

JustDeliverIt

Depending on your state’s laws, file for unemployment. They’ll be put to work real quick.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They can still displace 2 junior part time employees and work inside
I thought there was language that said 22.4’s could also bump into the building if there was no driving work… wasn’t that the “selling point” of this job classification…flexibility???

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I thought there was language that said 22.4’s could also bump into the building if there was no driving work… wasn’t that the “selling point” of this job classification…flexibility???
He now says they are rpcd

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why are they not coming in to work in the hub? They must be choosing not to work?

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
They are paid same rate inside or outside. If there's no work driving, they should be filing grievances so they can work inside until work shows up driving.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
At our center they're having the 22.4s run routes and telling bottom RPCD cover drivers that there is no work. I predict some unhappy shop stewards in the near future.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Did you bring this up to your Steward?

If so, what did he say?

What exactly is your grievance? and

What do you want done about it?