Creative ways of "getting back"

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I always liked it when the hot girl would walk in and every dude in the place would get whiplash checking her out knowing damn well that she was out of everybody’s league…they never lasted more than a few months max.

I was a hub 🐀 for a long time… I can count on one Hand the number of hotties that worked there and none of them lasted a year… not that they couldn’t do the work, they just figured out fast that it was a dead end job and that most of the mgt/ workers were creeps…
And they were tired of getting dirty and breaking nails.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
MORE BS! Look at my posts. I've said it over and over again. I respect the hard work ya'll do. I glimpse into your mind must be like looking at an etch-a-sketch. WTF do guys think you are anyway? Super human? Super paid yes but you ain't super human. Somehow your extremely high wage structure translates into "we are superman". Ya'll have no humility and it's disgusting.
I CAN DO YOUR JOB 100%.
No you cant .I am speaking from 35 years of experience. What you did during peak absolutely is not a comparison to what a driver does daily. I have seen both sides and what you did during peak was to run easy residentials stops which are in UPS parlance referred to as Gravy

You havent a clue what its like to run a route with a fully packed out package Car,NDA commits,Commercial stops, Pickups and irate customers. But those of us that are RPCD's DO know what it's like and I know for certain a 64 year old man can't do the entry level routes. I laugh at the thought of you running a commercial route in the summer with 95 Degree heat and 100% humidity.

UnionStrong

Not true. I do get mostly regular packages but I've also gotten plenty of 100+ lb packages that I delivered. Most PVD drivers tell the driver to keep them on the truck and refuse to mess with them. This I know to be fact.
I don't get all gravy either. That's BS.

MORE BS! Look at my posts. I've said it over and over again. I respect the hard work ya'll do. I glimpse into your mind must be like looking at an etch-a-sketch. WTF do guys think you are anyway? Super human? Super paid yes but you ain't super human. Somehow your extremely high wage structure translates into "we are superman". Ya'll have no humility and it's disgusting.
I CAN DO YOUR JOB 100%.

MORE BS. Find the truth and stop lying.
You wouldn’t last a day on a full route. It takes a young man weeks to acclimate to the rigors of the job. We are not “supermen”but we are used to the job and very good at it. By the time a driver is your age he knows all the ways to safely do the job and how to do it efficiently. You think you can learn that in a week? A month, a year even? LOL
Get lost Barney.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
The driver that drops off my packages is at UPS 19 months and is a cover driver. He said that his first job was a combo driver but this only lasted a short time. I inquired yesterday about a position and was told I'd have to start as a preloader. I'm claiming reverse discrimination. I ain't going to preload at 1:30Am.
Good luck.

Integrity

Binge Poster
True but that's my decision. I could start as a preloader within weeks if I wanted to.
A UPS RPCD is not superman. I'm a "regular" guy and I could do that job with no problem guaranteed. As a PVD I complete as many delivery stops as ya'll do off peak and in the same stops/hr and that's out of a very inefficient vehicle. It's hard work but I love hard work.
I appreciate your work ethic.

UnionStrong

I actually saw one very attractive female Feeder Driver. Beautiful and well groomed....looked about 40. Really stood out in a lobby full of feeder slobs. Never saw her again.

I have seen a few mildly attractive part-time young women come through with near Daisy Dukes and short shorts. A few with the slit/tore up jeans....more club attire than work....especially our work.

UPS doesn't seem to attract many attractive women. A few in sales.....
Most women don’t fare well at UPS. The elements really take a toll on them. The smart ones don’t stay or go to an inside job. The diabolical ones go into management.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You wouldn’t last a day on a full route. It takes a young man weeks to acclimate to the rigors of the job. We are not “supermen”but we are used to the job and very good at it. By the time a driver is your age he knows all the ways to safely do the job and how to do it efficiently. You think you can learn that in a week? A month, a year even? LOL
Get lost Barney.
Hell, when these semis start driving themselves and I’m not retired yet there’s no way in fk that I would go back to that sht…even though I did it for almost 2 decades…nope, wouldn’t happen no way..lol

UnionStrong

Hell, when these semis start driving themselves and I’m not retired yet there’s no way in fk that I would go back to that sht…even though I did it for almost 2 decades…nope, wouldn’t happen no way..lol
I don’t blame you. I would never start again today.

UnionStrong

I looked at all the new guys with only a few years in and thought, how are they ever gonna make 30 years working in this :censored2:ing :censored2: show? Time will tell. I thought that about myself a time or 2. Lol