Creative ways of "getting back"

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
1640808569087.png

Hello Cheryl?
Lineandinitial is being mean again....
OK, I'll keep my eye on everyone as I like to.
What? My Posts are being recounted???

Bye

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
I always suggest Seasonals start off as a PT package handler. Guaranteed a chance at driving and have a fall back when they DQ the first attempt. Very few take my advice.
The driver that drops off my packages is at UPS 19 months and is a cover driver. He said that his first job was a combo driver but this only lasted a short time. I inquired yesterday about a position and was told I'd have to start as a preloader. I'm claiming reverse discrimination. I ain't going to preload at 1:30Am.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The driver that drops off my packages is at UPS 19 months and is a cover driver. He said that his first job was a combo driver but this only lasted a short time. I inquired yesterday about a position and was told I'd have to start as a preloader. I'm claiming reverse discrimination. I ain't going to preload at 1:30Am.
Well, if that is the process and you want a position other than being a "scab PVD" (LOL).....

It's in the contract that UPS must hire 6 PT inside to FT driver for every one hired off the street. You would be the one off the street.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Based on the original topic of this thread, which you started by the way, you won't have to worry about further employment at UPS.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
Based on the original topic of this thread, which you started by the way, you won't have to worry about further employment at UPS.
True but that's my decision. I could start as a preloader within weeks if I wanted to.
A UPS RPCD is not superman. I'm a "regular" guy and I could do that job with no problem guaranteed. As a PVD I complete as many delivery stops as ya'll do off peak and in the same stops/hr and that's out of a very inefficient vehicle. It's hard work but I love hard work.

True but that's my decision. I could start as a preloader within weeks if I wanted to.
A UPS RPCD is not superman. I'm a "regular" guy and I could do that job with no problem guaranteed. As a PVD I complete as many delivery stops as ya'll do off peak and in the same stops/hr and that's out of a very inefficient vehicle. It's hard work but I love hard work.
Seriously?
You get all the gravy sections and the small packages
You are delivering a regulars or driving long distances in between stops
Apples and oranges

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Seriously?
You get all the gravy sections and the small packages
You are delivering a regulars or driving long distances in between stops
Apples and oranges
Let him find out…I personally think he is destined for a coveted part time sup job on the night sort…he has the skills and the gung ho attitude..he would be a natural leader.

Let him find out…I personally think he is destined for a coveted part time sup job on the night sort…he has the skills and the gung ho attitude..he would be a natural leader.
Not all areas are created equal.
When you have a tight stop density and lots of smalls you can lock them out pretty fast
Go deliver a couple mattresses, big screen TV and somebody that wants 500 lb of Rouge weights.

Thought all stops are created equal

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
If UPS is so desperate that they hire this guy..I swear I’ll sell every share of pre IPO class A shares of stock that I own!
He is being strung along. I can hear the supes laughing in the office about it " yeah i told him he'll be an off the street driver because he is so danged awesome ...................and he BELIEVED it!'

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Not all areas are created equal.
When you have a tight stop density and lots of smalls you can lock them out pretty fast
Go deliver a couple mattresses, big screen TV and somebody that wants 500 lb of Rouge weights.

Thought all stops are created equal
I love it when people tell us how easy the job is,any one can do it yada yada .He will sink like a lead anchor his first day out in a blown out 1000